I'm so old...

Options

Replies

• candice382
    candice382 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When satelite dishes were 10-15 feet high and about 5-8 feet wide!!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Where's the Beef?
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I watched 'Hockey Night In Canada' in black and white every Wednesday and Saturday. On my first trip to Maple Leaf Gardens in 1964 I saw the Toronto Maple Leafs play the Detroit Red Wings. The explosion of colour blew me away!

The TV got 2,4 and 7 in Buffalo , but if the wind was right we could get 9 and 11 out of Toronto....after we played with the roof top antenna and smacked the set....when the Sabres were the Bisons.....

I grew up in the burbs of Toronto. We had 5 channels. The local CBC and CTV affiliates and the CBS, ABC, and NBC stations in Buffalo. Weather permitting we'd get independent CHCH from Hamilton.
  • candice382
    candice382 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I remember when:
    McDonalds came to town...
    There was no Big Mac only single and double cheese burgers...
    The standard adult value meal was equivalent to the size of a kids meal today...

^^^^^They should have never moved away from that!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I remember when all of the stores were closed on Sundays

I remember when my sister and I would sneak into my brother's room to kidnap GI-Joe so our Barbie could have a date for the dance because we thought Ken was just a little to girlie for her
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I remember when my sister and I would sneak into my brother's room to kidnap GI-Joe so our Barbie could have a date for the dance because we thought Ken was just a little to girlie for her

I used my brothers Johnny West and Geronimo
    Speaking of Geronimo....anyone remember yelling that when you were playing "outside" with your friends..especially the boys would yell it....
  • jeffrodgers1
    Options

Speaking of Geronimo....anyone remember yelling that when you were playing "outside" with your friends..especially the boys would yell it....

Yup. And there was nothing wrong with it either.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    We had fairly decent sized cliff near where we lived. Part way down it there was a section of it filled with soft sand. We'd station one guy near the spot you needed to jump from to the top to hit the sand. (missing was not an option) Geronimo was the cry needed to make a successful jump!
  • brendaj39
    Options

Yup. And there was nothing wrong with it either.

i bet if we said it now we'd get strange looks............
  • decafdrinker
    Options
    Those purple dittos in school, still warm and smelling of...gosh, how to describe that.

Needing those little 45rpm adapters.
  • ifitkillsme
    Options
    M & M's had a tan and no blue!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I saw Moses come off the mountain.
  • jeffrodgers1
    Options
    Harvest Gold and Avocado green appliances. Deep shag carpet, swag lamps, paisley wall paper.
  • brendaj39
    Options
    We had fairly decent sized cliff near where we lived. Part way down it there was a section of it filled with soft sand. We'd station one guy near the spot you needed to jump from to the top to hit the sand. (missing was not an option) Geronimo was the cry needed to make a successful jump!

sounds dangerous and fun...what great memories
  • jeffrodgers1
    Options

Isn't that on every Easter?
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Touche'!

But I saw the real one. :p
  • FATBOYBGONE
    FATBOYBGONE Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    First digital watches that you had to push a button to read and it was red LED numbers. I think Texas Instruments came out with them
  • FATBOYBGONE
    FATBOYBGONE Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I actually played outdoors.
  • jeffrodgers1
    Options

Touche'!

But I saw the real one. :p

Only really old people are catching what we are talking about....
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When M&Ms were exoitc imported food...
    VHS us Bata...