I'm so old...

Options

Replies

• MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Fridays were exciting because we got to play Oregon Trail in class!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I saw Moses come off the mountain.

Isn't that on every Easter?

Touche'!

But I saw the real one. :p

Only really old people are catching what we are talking about....

Dude, you just made me fell old! haha
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    We had fairly decent sized cliff near where we lived. Part way down it there was a section of it filled with soft sand. We'd station one guy near the spot you needed to jump from to the top to hit the sand. (missing was not an option) Geronimo was the cry needed to make a successful jump!

sounds dangerous and fun...what great memories

If our parents only knew...

I have told that story to my kids, and my wife tells me I shouldn't have. oops:tongue:
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    We had fairly decent sized cliff near where we lived. Part way down it there was a section of it filled with soft sand. We'd station one guy near the spot you needed to jump from to the top to hit the sand. (missing was not an option) Geronimo was the cry needed to make a successful jump!

BONZAI!!!!!!! was our normal "dangerous jump" cry. Usually into the river by our house or off the roof into a snow pile... Oddly, I've never fully broken a bone (that I know of...)
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Carol Burnett Show & Sonny & Cher Show

KOVED those show. Tim Conway cracked me up.:laugh:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I remember learning DOS commands on this beauty:

300px-IBM_PC_5150.jpg

And I used to save my files on these!:

cooper_8floppy.jpg

LOL I totally forgot about the floppy disk!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options

BONZAI!!!!!!! was our normal "dangerous jump" cry. Usually into the river by our house or off the roof into a snow pile... Oddly, I've never fully broken a bone (that I know of...)

You would have walked it off if you did...
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I actually played outdoors.

Hide and go, road hockey from sun up to sun down.

Any one else know the game 'Yards'?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    lol... i like ruffles x
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Playing Atari. Pacman, Space Invaders, Joust, Stampede, and Frogger.
  • jeffrodgers1
    Options
    Playing lawn darts... with metal darts that could actually hurt someone.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I remember when T.V use to go off the air at night playing "America the Beautiful"

Oh my yes! I *do* remember this!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Records.

^^^^ playing 45's and 33's
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Form of an eagle, shape of "a bucket of water"

WTF????
    Wonder twins activate!!! Hahahahahahhahahha.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My first cellphone was the size of a block of cheese

Her first cell phone. Haha! I thought shoe phones were the coolest thing anyone had ever thought of! Wouldn't it be cool if all of us could have one, not just Agent 86. No need to find a dime for the pay phone.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I remember wearing a poncho and taking a plastic lunch pail on my first day of school..
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options

Hell, I got ran over by a tractor and didn't cry until I saw the girl that was driving it crying. I was 8. Didn't break a bone. Got some pretty awesome tread mark bruises, and a gnarly scar on my side, though.
  • jeffrodgers1
    Options

Hell, I got ran over by a tractor and didn't cry until I saw the girl that was driving it crying. I was 8. Didn't break a bone. Got some pretty awesome tread mark bruises, and a gnarly scar on my side, though.

And your parents probably didn't even think about calling a lawyer....
  • kittyhasclaws
    Options
    I remember learning DOS commands on this beauty:

300px-IBM_PC_5150.jpg

And I used to save my files on these!:

cooper_8floppy.jpg

LOL I totally forgot about the floppy disk!

As of five years ago, we still used 3.5 inchers in the Navy.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm so old that when I was a kid and Dad came home, we all ate together at the dinner table and talked to each other about our day. There was no texting going on at the table. Oh yeah, whatever Mom prepared, you ate.

Then we got our homework done, so we could all sit down together and watch one of the three TV stations. We watched shows like "My Three Sons", "Leave It to Beaver" and "The Donna Reed Show." On Sundays, of course there was "The Ed Sullivan Show."