"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options

Replies

• Seemefit
    Options
    Sure I think I can handle 10 lbs per month so count me in too will keep trying:mad:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join? I just found MFP a few days ago.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join? I just found MFP a few days ago.
    nope your not too late ............welcome aboard and good luck on your weight loss journey . Please tell us a lil bit about you ... and your goals .... since we started in the middle of Oct. we are only doing a 5 pound loss and then 10 after that ... again good luck
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    For all the newbies :flowerforyou: - one big losing family.

Welcome to where it's great to be a LOSER, :laugh:
  • kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have just been watching my calories and exerrcising. I only drink water and occasionally milk. I have been doing the Leslie Sansone Big Burn @ mile intervals (jogging and running) and also the Biggest Loser Boot Camp. I started my weight loss on April 30th and have really been slacking the last 4-6 weeks!!
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    OK so I just wrote this REALLY long post that was filled with a bunch of mumbo jumbo...and somehow it has disappeared! So here is the short of it...LOL!

Welcome NEWBIES!!! The more the merrier....

CONGRATS Ittybitty on getting under 200!!! :drinker:
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    One more day till weekend, :love:

Feeling pretty good for the most part. Kids begged me to make those YUMMY meatballs, those things are going to be the death of me. My boys were popping them in like popcorn, I finally had to put them in the freezer. Out of sight out of mind! Off to the treadmill for 30 minutes.

I also think I am obsessed with the Tennis on the Wii, I played last night after the kids went to bed at 8:30 and played till 10:15, whoa. Proud to say that I am ranked as a Pro now, :laugh:. I have tennis arm this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and 10 more until weigh in :flowerforyou: .
    We can do this!

I LOVE THE WII!!!!! It is so Family friendly!! We have the game "my Fitness Coach" it is fun and you work out and track your progress through the game!! I haven't gotten the Wii Fit yet but I was thinking about it...I just cancelled my Gym membership because there were no classes and I have discovered that I bore VERY easily and need variety...so a class environment is best for me!!

But back to the Wii I LOVE IT!! Anyone ever try the Jillian Michaels game?? I was looking into that one too...
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I also use the Wii Fitness coach! I love the variety and how it changes up the routines so you're not quite doing the same thing every day :-) I also finally broke out the original Wii Fit game yesterday - I like to set it to the "free step" option, and then stack my balance board on top of an aerobics step (it turns 30 minutes of free stepping while watching tv or a movie into 30 minutes of stair climbing - wound up burning 271 calories yesterday from just that, according to my heart rate monitor).

I've read a lot of bad reviews for the 2009 Jillian Michaels game - but the 2010 version seem to be rating much higher... haven't tried them personally - but if I eventually get bored with the fitness coach, might give the 2010 one a try...
  • haley4tn
    Options
    I took looked the the Julilian Michaels game, all the ones I read for the reviews for the Jillian Games for Wii and all were pretty bad. The 2010 has some better reviews, but for most still have some iffy reviews. I actually have been looking at the Biggest Loser Wii, very HIGH reviews and I have a bid on a copy at Ebay... my name is Angela and I am a Ebay junkie, there I said it..... I feel better :laugh: I'm saving about $12 plus it has free ship, wish me luck :happy: . I've been wanting a workout video and thought I'd give this a try.
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    I took looked the the Julilian Michaels game, all the ones I read for the reviews for the Jillian Games for Wii and all were pretty bad. The 2010 has some better reviews, but for most still have some iffy reviews. I actually have been looking at the Biggest Loser Wii, very HIGH reviews and I have a bid on a copy at Ebay... my name is Angela and I am a Ebay junkie, there I said it..... I feel better :laugh: I'm saving about $12 plus it has free ship, wish me luck :happy: . I've been wanting a workout video and thought I'd give this a try.

I want the Biggest Loser Wii game :sad: LOL! I am in love with the show the cookbooks and the fitness book!! So many good tips that you can live with for life...not just a temporary thing!!

I'm still laughing that you are an EBAY junkie...I happen to be a CraigsList addict!! I have bought and sold so many things on there and sometimes people have no idea how great the things they are selling are.... Then you end up with a steal!!!

Selkie~ The only thing I hate about the My Fitness coach it the grape vine and I havent ben able to unlock anything new yet...I wonder if I have to loose a certain amount of weight first?? Do you know!! Oh and good for you 270 calories BURN!! YOU GO!!!!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I discovered the trick to unlocking the new music and settings is to actually make the appointed workouts that you schedule on their calender... I went forever never unlocking things.. then this last week - I made like 3-4 scheduled appointments in a row and all of the sudden I was a bronze star customer lol, and she gave me a new background setting and a new music option. (I was notorious for skipping days I'd scheduled to workout on the calender before when I was last using the fitness coach).

The two things I don't like that the game will have me do are the jumping jacks and hops - my calves hurt major major bad on those (I'm a toe person, can't land on the flats of my feet, so it makes things like that extra hard on me) - My solution is to just replace those two with something else that will keep me moving, then I synch back up with the game when it swaps to the rest of the activities :-)
  • haley4tn
    Options
    :explode: :grumble: :grumble: I've been outbidded...
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: It's Friday!!! :bigsmile:

I have had a pretty ugly week as far as eating and exercise, BUT I am going to keep on trucking.

I'm really excited about tomorrow. My sister and I are doing a 5K fundraiser for the local parks system called The Mud Run - and as the name suggests, there is a huge mud pit at the end! It's going to be so fun!! And spending time with my sister is always inspiring because she's lost 45 lbs and I'm jealous :laugh:

Everyone have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm late, but I'm interested in joining the group, sounds like just the challenge I need...10lbs at a time.

SW: 194
    GW: 184

I did15 minutes on the treadmill before I left for work and now on my break I'm doing a 15-20 minute walk. I can do this.....:smile::smile:
  • kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to All!! I did pretty good yesterday...but I didn't get my exercise in :angry: kinda disappointed with that. On a bright note we started the Biggest Loser here at work so that should keep me a little more accountable!! Hope everyone has an AMAZING day!!!!!:heart:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Happy Friday :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Scaled this morning and I am happy to say that I have met my Nov 1st goal of 10 pounds gone, woo hoo :happy: . I almost blew it a few times this week, but I am still going strong though! I would love to be under 200 by New Years which is 25 pounds, so that gives be an extra 5 pounds to work off. I gotta keep this up! Strange how being a LOSER makes me feel so warm and fuzzy, oh wait need to shave, :laugh:

Anyways hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Friday, be strong, hold you head up high and know that we are going to be the best LOSERS here! :drinker:
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good job Haley!
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I gotta keep this up! Strange how being a LOSER makes me feel so warm and fuzzy, oh wait need to shave, :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    you might lose a pound or two with all the fuzz gone :wink:
    Thanks for a good laugh this morning.
  • Seemefit
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Lost one pound this week which is fine with me so I will just keep trying :tongue: These site are great inspiration and great support thanks and keep up the good work u all:drinker: :wink:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Lost one pound this week which is fine with me so I will just keep trying :tongue: These site are great inspiration and great support thanks and keep up the good work u all:drinker: :wink:

Welcome aboard, small steps. Great support here!