Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame & will be starting my weight loss journey (again) soon & I'm in need of motivation. So if you have a large frame could you post pics after losing weight. thanks

I'm on my phone and posting pics is a bear... Check my profile.Pic.. I've lost 70#... I'm not tall... But definitely have a large frame. I've never been a toothpick even at my lightest 150...
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat ladies!

5'9, 218 lbs, goal 160 and fit as hell!!!
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! :D

Saw the pics....AMAZ!!!! You look great!
    I just posted progress pictures yesterday. Here is the link. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/685223-57-lbs-gone-w-pics
  • Suziq38
    Suziq38 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What is considered a large frame?
    I am 5'6", and was 190 pounds when I started dieting and exercising, using My Fitness Pal (so inexpensive!).
    This beats joining Weight Watchers at $14.00 a week.

I have lost about 45 pounds.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", broad shoulders, big hips.

FrontProgress-1.jpg
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been told I have a large frame. I am 5'4" and in the 145-150lb range (today I was 147.5lbs).

<
    Red shirt = me at 203lbs.

Yellow shirt = me at 150lbs (Sept 2010 when I hit my original goal weight.. I've slimmed down a bit since then, but it's the only side by sides I have)
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame as well (according to some elbow width test I took yesterday) and I'm somewhat on my way. I started at my heaviest 200lbs and I'm currently at 180ish (technically 178.6 this morning!) which 40lbs to go. Sadly I don't have pictures of my heaviest to compare to. Congratulations to all of you who have made it and can provide examples for the rest of us :)
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    5 8" with a larger frame (I will ALWAYS have big hips!) :tongue:

before: I don't have a fuill body shot from then...

9918707_2882.jpg

Last week 55 lbs down :)

578665_3823796907918_1643183689_n.jpg
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    Im 5'7 and wanting to get to 160 ... I have a large frame as well . !!!, i cant break 220 and i feel lile ill always be at this weight ... !!! Sucks !!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Here's a link from the US Gubmit about frame size:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

I am 5'8" and have a 6.5" diameter wrist, so a large frame. And, I actually have moderately bony wrists (and legs. It's all in by belly. Thanks, genetics.), so no one can say it's because I have fat wrists. Just "fat bones, LOL." What kind of crunches does one have to do for THAT?? ;)

I have no after, so no before pics yet. But SOON.

ETA: Basically, because of frame size, I get rather eye-rolly about things like BMI. It's such a narrow view on body type and what's healthy. I really think can can promote poor body image.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    <<<<<<< Still larger than I want to be but Im on my way.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not an exact science, but here's a quick way to find out...

Wrap your thumb and longest finger (generally your middle finger) on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist....
    - If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed.
    - If they touch, then you are medium-framed.
    - If they don't touch (have a gap), then you are large-framed.

{There's a good 1/2 inch gap between my fingers when I do this "wrist wrapping" test. I'm definitely large framed! I'm slightly over 5'8" and my wrist measurement is 6.55 - yup, large frame.}

Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:

**EDITED TO ADD: Oops, postrockandca beat me to the nlm.hih.gov site. It's a good'un! **

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have posted my progress beginning in Dec. Then May, June, and July will be coming Monday night. They are in my pictures if you would like to see them. There's not a HUGE change yet but ever so slight. :) You can do it! :)
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have an athletic build with broad shoulders and large joints haha (my wrists, ankles and knees are huge!) My progress isn't as amazing as the ones posted prior to mine but here they are anyway :)

Edit for height! I'm 5'8.5"

Before about 170 lbs:
    289iezn.jpg

During about 140 lbs:
    2qbrbj6.jpg
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started my journey over 6 years ago. It's been a roller coaster ride for sure. Many ups and downs. I started at 396.4 and am currently at 227.8. I still have about 55 lbs to go. I am 5'10.
    ALICYNHALL1.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
  • chinakat72
    chinakat72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've just started as well, so no after pics...yet! But thank you for posting this request. I am 5' 10" and have a large frame. On the one hand it's nice because you can usually carry your weight better when you are tall and have a large frame. It looks more proportionate. But it's also bad because I've found in the past when I lose weight I have to lose a lot before other people begin to notice. It's nice to see so many success stories and pics to motivate me. I hope to be able to post myself in the not too distant future!
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    OVERWEIGHTLUVA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not an exact science, but here's a quick way to find out...

Wrap your thumb and longest finger (generally your middle finger) on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist....
    - If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed.
    - If they touch, then you are medium-framed.
    - If they don't touch (have a gap), then you are large-framed.

{There's a good 1/2 inch gap between my fingers when I do this "wrist wrapping" test. I'm definitely large framed! I'm slightly over 5'8" and my wrist measurement is 6.55 - yup, large frame.}

Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:

**EDITED TO ADD: Oops, postrockandca beat me to the nlm.hih.gov site. It's a good'un! **

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!

The finger method always amuses me, but it's nowhere near reliable. I'm 5'4" with is 6.5" (bony) wrist, and my fingers meet exactly. If there was an extra-large framed category, that's where I'd fall.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    All you gals look gorgeous! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!