What bad habits do you have that drive your spouse/SO crazy?

Options

Replies

• LiveLoveHunt
    Options
    I hate it when my husband snores but lately I have been grinding my teeth... no clue why. I tell him it's payback haha but then he doesn't know which is worse MY snoring or grinding? I hate when he pours cereal and leaves the box out for me to put up. I hate when he leaves hair in the sink from shaving.... but then he hates it when I leave powder or makeup in the sink. He hates it when he puts his clothes away but I don't and I just live out of the piles of clean clothes on my floor. He hates it that I only want to have sex when he is tired and I'm always tired when he wants it.... We just celebrated our First Anniversary and we have never had a fight! So we may have little quirks but we live with it and don't begrudge one another for it. =)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I put myself down a lot. He gets frustrated, and it just makes me feel worse.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm still breathing.... SO must really hate that....
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I can't close a cabinet drawer, I use his bathroom (we have 2 bathrooms and it really makes him crazy!! lol) I stay up really late and and noisy, ohh there's tons more! I can't think though
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    I belch....he HATES it when I do, lol
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My husband hates when I'm relaying a situation to him and don't get to the point quickly enough and I hate that he gives me the "hurry up" hand gesture to show his frustration!:huh:

He also doesn't like that I go through his little piles of crap in an effort to keep the dining table clear, so I've taken to putting the piles into plastic bags. He now has a nice collection of crap-filled bags in his closet.

The man can drive me completely insane with his not putting things back where they belong, leaving the toilet seat up, constantly interrupting me when I'm on the phone, changing the channel in the middle of a show I'm watching, waiting until I'm in a deep sleep to decide he wants sexy time, etc. I, on the other hand, am perfect and he has no cause for complaint! :laugh:
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I leave cabinets and drawers open, and it drives DH nuts.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My husband says I'm always on MFP:drinker:
  • _runchick
    _runchick Posts: 22
    Options
    bump... the post from the divorced person (id name I cannot remember) saying to keep the bag way open was really funny and made me laugh...

What drives my hubby crazy is that I leave my socks lying on the floor; I pick them up but not 'immediately'.... What he does that drives me crazy is drinking directly from the sink faucet to rinse after brushing his teeth.... yuck.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me that he would marry me if I could just figure out how to close a bag of chips/bread or ANYTHING that can go stale, properly. -It seems that a ring (or a lifetime commitment) just isn't a huge motivator for me. Poor guy...
    My husband gets really irritated because I don't close/tighten caps, lids, etc... I also leave drawers and doors just slightly open...

Fortunately, he didn't figure all of these things out till we were already married :laugh:
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    LOL he hates going shopping with me cos I walk around with an item that I really REALLY want and then end up putting it back before we go cos I can't justify it to myself :( I start seeing other things that we need and I can't sit there and not get them....so I end up sighing and putting it back. Drives him NUTS!

I also have a slight bit of OCD I think ...I have to have my kitchen perfectly organized....spices here, pans there, dry goods here in order and arranged just so, pantry redone cos things get put back wrong, even my canned good have to be turned just so so the label is out and in order of use.

Yes I know...OCD :P Drives him nuts but it is a sleepover from work...I have to be so organized there so it carries over.

Thing that drives him batty the most tho is when i can't decide on something and ask him about it. " You feel like going out tonight Shai?" "Oh I don't know.... you want to go out?" "I asked you first" "Well I answered you..." "ARGH....@$%#$^#$%^@^#^%#$%^"

What can I say...I like poking the tiger :P
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I mess up the blankets in bed, like a lot. He always has the sheets and blankets all square and making sense, and it seems as soon as I get in everything is (comfortable) in totally array. "why doesn't the bed make sense?" is something I hear a lot. :)

I have to have the blankets and sheets evenly distributed on the bed before I go to sleep. Can't have them hanging too far on one side or the other. I typically re-make the bed after my husband gets in. He rolls his eyes, but deals with it.
  • Yellabutterfly05
    Yellabutterfly05 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    LOL I agree. I kept all of mine(bad habits) and still got the ring. Nobody's perfect and true love overlooks all of that. I have a pickle obsession that he just had to accept. And I keep him supplied in mac n cheese, his only vice.

My advice as a divorced person......continue to leave the bag of chips wide open.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    that I'm to hard on myself, I always want to do and be better
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I keep my house acceptably clean... except for my half of the bedroom, and my husband just can't grasp why. I can't grasp why. At night I just like to take my clothes off and get in bed. And they stay for a few days...a week....until I need clean clothes? My nightstand is also a nightmare.

I hate the way he unloads the dishwasher. I am constantly reorganizing my cabinets when he unloads.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    A. I like being nude at home.
    B. I have a home gym and exercise equipment and prefer, no............ENJOY, exercising nude. She avoids me when I exercise.
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I mess up the blankets in bed, like a lot. He always has the sheets and blankets all square and making sense, and it seems as soon as I get in everything is (comfortable) in totally array. "why doesn't the bed make sense?" is something I hear a lot. :)

My husband works 3rd shift, when he comes home in the morning he hates that I have the blanckets untucked from the bottom of the bed. I cacoon myself in the blankets so out they must come!
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My constsnt worry about what others think of me and my need to over analyze/plan things out that are far in the future....ehhh...its ALL part of the package deal baby!
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I am so slow at EVERYTHING: eating, telling stories, getting ready in the morning, cooking, cleaning, etc. I don't know what my deal is, but I have always been that way. I am lucky that my boyfriend is extremely patient, but it still frustrates him sometimes.

I want him to make the decisions about pretty much everything and he gets tired of that. Especially when we are trying to find something to do on the weekend; it drives him nuts when all I say is "whatever you want to do is fine."

I cuddle with him in my sleep--to the point of almost pushing him off the bed. It's like I can't get close enough or something. I do this to anyone who shares a bed with me, so if I go away with friends no one wants to be in the same bed as me :(

I also grind my teeth--blech. This is the one I wish I could change most!
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    My boyfriend says I think too much and get worried looks about nothing. I try not to but I can't help it I compare and worry about a lot of stuff. :ohwell:

^^^^ This is sooo me... I'm always worrying... And over thinking things