Lost my motivation :(

Options

Replies

• cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The scale is going to fluctuate. Remember this is all about making lifestyle changes. Measure and your clothes are a better gauge than the scale.
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    Carry on with the efforts and in 4 weeks time, repost your findings, I bet you will have lost.
    Body is adjusting to the changes !
  • DanaNicolle
    DanaNicolle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. FInd your motivation.
  • Cattwalk
    Cattwalk Posts: 8
    Options
    Mama Bear

Keep going, I too was discouraged a few weeks ago but it does turnaround. Just keep persevering.
    I had lost four pounds during 4 weeks and in only one weekend I gained it all back. But in two weeks I am back down again plus some, which is inspiring and gives me new hope. Logging my progress over time has been a learning process. I learned I would go up almost every weekend, worse over the holidays. The graph is an eye opener for me and helps me see what and when I have problems to recoup from, adjust, or to avoid. Like Cindy said, it's a lifestyle change, it won't happen over night.
  • QueChulaYo
    QueChulaYo Posts: 71
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing!!!

Finding the balance between food, exercise, water, sleep is key!

Believe in yourself, you have done it for 4 weeks, try another 4, then another 4 ..... then will realize that you are doing it!!!

Never give up on yourself!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    ok are you seriously going to complain about losing 20lbs in 4 weeks? I have been here over 6 MONTHS and I have only lost 31! It took me a month and 1/2 to lose 1lb to even hit 31! I've been on a plateau since may. MAY. Do you see me crying about it?

Learn to be THANKFUL instead of being greedy "Ooooh i'm not losing enough i've only lost 50lbs tis month i need to lose more why am i not at my goal weight yet i mean omg its been a whole month waaaah"
  • bear73000
    bear73000 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Some weeks are like that. I wouldn't worry about the results of the scale so heavily on your motivation. If you stick with your changes, the scale will take care of itself. I have been stuck for a month now. I have kept up with my calories and exercise with not real change to the scale. I think my body is just resting a bit and I am expecting it will kick back into shape soon.

You need to be proud of changes you are making. It's a life style change that you are making and your body will catch up soon if you stick with it.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    From experience it could be:
    1) We're women-depending on TOM, this causes weight fluctuations for most of us (darn hormones)
    2) 6 days of working out may be too much. You're muscles are probably swollen and need time to recover.
    3) When I've seen myself gaining or plateauing, even though it's frustrating, just keep plugging along. You'll probably see a bigger drop next week to make up for this week.
    Our bodies are frustrating aren't they? Always trying to sabotage our hard work!
  • bpwparents
    Options
    ok are you seriously going to complain about losing 20lbs in 4 weeks? I have been here over 6 MONTHS and I have only lost 31! It took me a month and 1/2 to lose 1lb to even hit 31! I've been on a plateau since may. MAY. Do you see me crying about it?

Learn to be THANKFUL instead of being greedy "Ooooh i'm not losing enough i've only lost 50lbs tis month i need to lose more why am i not at my goal weight yet i mean omg its been a whole month waaaah"

^
    We're supposed to be SUPPORTING each other on here!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

WOW! this was just a bit over the top in my opinion! Somethings affect people differently! and We are here to support each other I am 100% sure the last thing that is needed is for nasty comemnts like this!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Yes, I am going to be upset about not losing weight this week, I have every right to feel the way I do regardless of the weight I've lost already. It's discouraging and has taken a lot mentally to even WANT to change my life. I'm not sure how wanting to better myself can be mistaken as being "greedy", or even that I'm not "thankful" for the weight I have loss. I am only just starting my journey, however I dont think someone needs to be "THANKFUL" for a weightloss if you have worked hard to get there. I didnt wave a magic wand after all. Then I would be thankful if it was just handed to me. It wasnt.

And as far as you crying about being on a plateau since May, I dont know if you've cried about it or not. (or have looked for support from others MFP friend, medical professionals etc). However if you have hit a plateau since May and engage people in this manner, it's easy to see why people would not give you support. I dont know you and nor do I care to.

A big thank you to all of those who responded with helpful information and kind words on the thread and emailed me as well.
    Being newer the insight is appreciated.

Onto week 4 for me! Have a great weekend everyone!

Just like my little one said to me this morning after seeing me upset.
    "Just keep swimming Mama"
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I used to bloat to the point where I looked pregnant. (Painful and depressing.)You could try adding a bit of fresh lemon juice to a couple of the glasses of water required during the day and maybe also have a couple more glasses of water. It seems to help me!
  • slbrantner
    slbrantner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 4 weeks is great. I stay on track and work hard and I have only lost 18 pounds in 2.5 months.You are going great. I usually lose 2 pounds a week but I have had a few weeks when I didn't lose anyything or gained a pound or 2. At first i was discouraged me, but now I consider it a challange. Keep doing what you are doing and don't give up!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Do you all rest before your weigh in day then?

I find myself working my *kitten* off the day before a weigh in like they did on biggest loser lol
  • bpwparents
    Options
    I don't necesarily rest the day before weigh in as I have the same thought of you as "the last chance workout". I just tend to exercise every other day mostly but I've only been averaging 2lbs a week since Mid-May. What you're doing is working so just keep at it! I wish I was as succesful as you've been!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Your weight may vary and go up while you are losing inches - muscle or water retention can be part of this. So balance your focus on:

- yes, I'm losing weight
    - yes I'm losing inches
    - yes I'm exercising and living healthy

If you remember that this is a process and that you are IN the process, then what happens at one weighing should matter less.

Or in the wisdom of your daughter - keep on swimming.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Those are some tough changes to make! That is something you should be proud of! I also am not a fan of breakfast OR waking up early (let alone to work out!) Look at what you've already accomplished!

Keep going! Your body changes, You can do this!

^^ This. You are kicking *kitten*!!!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Looks like you lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks. This one week didn't have great results, but the other weeks you lost over 6 lbs. You are well above the 2 lb week rule of thumb. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see results.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Then use determination instead, today.

Motivation isnt the only thing that can make you get up and do what you say youre gonna do.

Just remember, either you meant it when you said you wanted to do this, or you only said it cause it sounded cool.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to be able to see your diary so we can make suggestions.