OMG Read this...

Options

Replies

• biffdaddy
    biffdaddy Posts: 17
    Options
    I understand that some words can be offensive to some people, some of the time. If I lived my life worrying about what other people think about what I say, I might be better off not talking at all. Sometime out brian to mouth filter doesn't function correctly but it is not with ill intent.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    "Some days I'm just *****y and straight forward, some days I'm a ***** cat, we'll see which one I am today."

ROFLMAO! I copied that directly from allabtlm's profile and it automatically censored the offensive words! Too funny!

HAHAHA you're a legend sir! This girl seems to not be responding. Shot her down good!

Actually I responded to him, and I'm not responding to you because you just can't fix stupid, or in this case ignorant.

Which looks oddly like a response.

BTW, I'm offended that you called me creepy.

The train has officially jumped the tracks and is now headed over the cliff...
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Oh... My... Gawd! Becky, look at her butt!

WOOOOOOO! You go girl!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm studying to become a Special Educational Needs teacher and the use of the word is not offensive to me. The word "retard" (oh crap said it again, kill me) is in fact a word which, although it's seen as taboo for some reason, is still a word which is perfectly useable. Just because you're offended doesn't mean we all have to care that you're offended.

I didn't ask you to care, I'm telling you I'm offended because I'm ****ing offended, whether or not you care isn't my concern. I'm well aware of the dictionary definition of the term as well as the medical definition of the term . . . I'm also well aware of the evolution of language and the fact that negative connotations are applied to words outside of their technical definitions. For example a *kitten* is technically a bundle of sticks, but it also has negative connotations, so you can take your "I feel superior because I know a definition" mentality and shove it where the sun don't shine.

I know people who have been to war and when I hear someone make a joke about war I'm not offended because I know someone who has fought. So you shouldn't be offended because you know people who are, by definition (yes I'm aware you find this "stuck-up" but again I don't care) retarded. I don't care that you don't care that I don't care. That's none of my concern either. A *kitten* is also a foodstuff, and I know gay people yet still I don't get offended by the word "*kitten*". And I shall not take my supposed "I feel superior because I know a definition" (I think it's you who thinks I'm superior not me) and place it where the sun doesn't shine because that's physically impossible. Next.

Haha I love it when people rise to it!

Or maybe you should be sensitive to all groups where possible because you would want someone to come to your defense if someone used a derogatory term that you identify with. It's not about freedom of speech or oversensitivity. It's just simply put... respect. Why is it too much to expect people to be respectful when expressing their thoughts and feelings publicly?
  • Caged_Heat
    Options
    Oh... My... Gawd! Becky, look at her butt!

WOOOOOOO! You go girl!

Thick as a brick!
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I'm studying to become a Special Educational Needs teacher and the use of the word is not offensive to me. The word "retard" (oh crap said it again, kill me) is in fact a word which, although it's seen as taboo for some reason, is still a word which is perfectly useable. Just because you're offended doesn't mean we all have to care that you're offended.

I didn't ask you to care, I'm telling you I'm offended because I'm ****ing offended, whether or not you care isn't my concern. I'm well aware of the dictionary definition of the term as well as the medical definition of the term . . . I'm also well aware of the evolution of language and the fact that negative connotations are applied to words outside of their technical definitions. For example a *kitten* is technically a bundle of sticks, but it also has negative connotations, so you can take your "I feel superior because I know a definition" mentality and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Damn I hate it when you forget to write something and have to tag it on!

No, you're right, you didn't ask people to care, but you posted your outrage publicly so you obviously expected people to care. Believe me, it's not just me who doesn't care about your offense

Stephen Fry also doesn't care. Neither do I.

67583064.png
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    Soooo back to the original question.....

Today is a new day to do something great.....What are you going to do with it?

Some of ya'll got waaaay off track with that. I guess, today....nobody can potty* under my rainbow. :bigsmile:

Don't let anybody potty* under YOUR rainbow! :wink:

If they do, step in it and keep walkin....:sick: it will eventually wear off, and you'll have left them waaaay behind!

Thank you to everyone who has remained positive on the absolutely awesome Friday!

(and no I don't normally ooze this much greatness, but today I decided to let it all out) ha ha ha

*tried harder not to offend anyone this time. :flowerforyou:
  • Caged_Heat
    Options
    Some of ya'll got waaaay off track with that.

Tell me you didn't say "y'all" ... :noway: :drinker:
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    I like this... The way I've always said it is, "Live each day, one day at a time and make it a masterpiece."

You never know if you get tomorrow....so make today the best!

Awesome!

LUV IT LUV IT LUV IT

Happy Friday also!!
  • JDUR19
    JDUR19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    "Some days I'm just *****y and straight forward, some days I'm a ***** cat, we'll see which one I am today."

ROFLMAO! I copied that directly from allabtlm's profile and it automatically censored the offensive words! Too funny!

HAHAHA you're a legend sir! This girl seems to not be responding. Shot her down good!

Actually I responded to him, and I'm not responding to you because you just can't fix stupid, or in this case ignorant.

Which looks oddly like a response.

BTW, I'm offended that you called me creepy.

The train has officially jumped the tracks and is now headed over the cliff...

There's so much wrong with what she said that I'm almost tempted to pick apart every single bit!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Some of ya'll got waaaay off track with that. I guess, today....nobody can potty* under my rainbow. :bigsmile:

Don't let anybody potty* under YOUR rainbow! :wink:

If they do, step in it and keep walkin....:sick: it will eventually wear off, and you'll have left them waaaay behind!

Thank you to everyone who has remained positive on the absolutely awesome Friday!

(and no I don't normally ooze this much greatness, but today I decided to let it all out) ha ha ha

*tried harder not to offend anyone this time. :flowerforyou:

Blessed are the peacemakers!
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Do you think for a few minutes each day we could all see the stupidity that politically correct speech has brought us to. You can't say anything at all without offending someone. Perhaps we could all learn to have a little bit of a thick skin and realize the comment was not intended to offend or to refer to individuals that have an actual mental disability. Then maybe, just maybe, folks can concentrate on things that are actually important.

I was with you until you said Thick Skin...
    HOW DARE YOU!!!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do this:

carleton-dance.gif

Who is with me?!
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do this:

carleton-dance.gif

Who is with me?!

OK but I stopped wearing those sweaters when I was about 9!! :bigsmile:
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Can everybody just shut the **** up please??.....Bacon...
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    I'm going to do this:

carleton-dance.gif

Who is with me?!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I want the sweater too!!!
  • Caged_Heat
    Options

I was up early today: 5:30am. Made a bunch of "what's on my mind" posts for my MFPals (who all love me and don't think I'm creepy, btw).

Now that coffeetime is done, I am 4 cups into my 8 cups of water and waiting for my shipment of vanilla protein powder to arrive so I can make the "cake batter protein shake to die for" that everyone has been raving about on the message boards.

At some point, I'll slip in some work, exercise is TBD, and I have a big bowl of watermelon chillin' in the frig.

Tomorrow is "paint the spare bedroom" day. Woo hoo! (I say woo hoo, but that's just in case my wife reads this).

Hope "y'all" have an awesome day!

15800624.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do this:

carleton-dance.gif

Who is with me?!

OK but I stopped wearing those sweaters when I was about 9!! :bigsmile:

Such a pity. Didn't you know those sweaters are like a super tool for major fat burning? I mean... when you rock a sweater that awesome, the fat just gives up and melts itself off.
  • Caged_Heat
    Options
    Can everybody just shut the **** up please??.....Bacon...

I like your user name. What are you doing for lunch? :love:

15800624.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Ya'll,ya'll ya'll ya'll ya'll ! Nanny nanny boo boo you cann't stop me !:laugh: