Help?! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Options
124»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So I've been actively using MFP for almost four weeks now. And my weight is pretty much back at square one and I'm not sure why.

I've lost about an inch and a half on most of my measurements.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions. When I started I was on my period (sorry guys) so I those two extra pounds I chalked up to water weight, but recorded them. Now I'm not on my period and those two pounds are back.

.....but I just can't help it when I work so hard and see "no results".

Lost an inch and a half in four weeks is now what passes for "no results?" I beg to differ. Not only is losing inches a significant result it's the main type of result people should be looking for. No one knows what you weigh, the only know what they see, and they are seeing less of you. Generally the corresponds with a lower body fat ratio. Lower body fat ratio corresponds to looking better with your clothes off and usually better blood pressure and cholesterol.

Would you trade losing 10 pounds of scale weight but going up 2 dress sizes? I don't think so. For me, during the month of June, my weight stayed the same but I lowered my BF%, by a large amount. I havent looked this good in years. Still a ways to go, but under no circumstance would I trade weight for inches lost month. Scale says the same, but I had to buy new belts. That's victory.

As for all the "eat more" comments, I don't know. I haven't looked at your diary and I'm not you're nutritionist. But if you're 5'2" and eating 1300-1500 cals a day including exercise, that seems about right to me.

Enjoy the inches. People will think you're losing weight. But you and I will know that you are actually becoming more fit, and That Is A Victory. Don't let anybody tell you different.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of different and some wrong advice in this thread...
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you're eating anything processed and/or with refined sugar - candy, muffins, doughnuts, pasta, breads, etc. - stop for a few days and I feel strongly you'll see the scale move. Here's sending you luck and iron will! :tongue:

SuziQueue