What does Lulu Lemon have against fat people?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• babyshekamoo
    babyshekamoo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I swear by lulu lemon. I've got two pairs of yoga shorts that have lasted me almost 7 years. They are the most comfortable awesome shorts ever.
    If you can afford it, then check it out.
    Personally I'd rather pay more for something that is better quality and lasts longer than some piece of walmart junk

Non sweat shop labour is important to me as well.

Me too! I would rather have quality stuff that lasts than Walmart crap that goes dead after two washes. They don't shrink, stretch,fade, and they are very flattering.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are just trying to motivate bigger people? Not that I would be motivated to slim down to pay over 100 for an article of clothing....but for those who would, then it might be a great motivator.
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I swear by lulu lemon. I've got two pairs of yoga shorts that have lasted me almost 7 years. They are the most comfortable awesome shorts ever.
    If you can afford it, then check it out.
    Personally I'd rather pay more for something that is better quality and lasts longer than some piece of walmart junk

Non sweat shop labour is important to me as well.

Me too! I would rather have quality stuff that lasts than Walmart crap that goes dead after two washes. They don't shrink, stretch,fade, and they are very flattering.

This is true. I got some GREAT looking old navy workout clothes. 6 months later..a rip right in the crotch. I discovered this at the gym.

Got some workout clothes at target...lasted about a year, the seam in my sports bra started to come undone.

My Lululemon pants?

They are holding up 5+ years and still look new. I figure even though I paid more..the investement was well worth it.
  • ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I went through a Lulu phase in the past year, it got out of control. When I first started working out I bought my clothes at TJ Maxx and found Nike, Adidas, all the top brands, even some Under Armour. Well, then that got me started on the Under Armour clothing and was going to ****'s to buy that and thought it was outrageous. Then I discovered Lululemon at my local mall and went inside and took a look at the prices and left. I noticed my Step instructor was wearing a pair of Lulu crops one day and they were so cute that I decided I would treat myself to a pair once I reached a particular goal. Well, three pairs of crops, a sports bra and more tank styles than I care to admit to later... I had to put an end to it. I was even starting to sell my old TJ Maxx clothes on eBay just to buy more Lulu. I have to say though, that this is some high quality clothing and I certainly don't regret any of my purchases. I always get compliments, which isn't the reason for purchasing. The reason is that it's some of the best Yoga/Running clothing out there and you don't have to worry about any wardrobe malfunctions as long as it properly fits you, which the sales staff will be happy to make sure it does. I think it's a bit unfair to come on a community message board and complain about a multi-billion dollar company that has been heralded for their marketing tactics. I doubt they're really missing your business.
  • DoctorsaubeR
    Options
    i totally agree

With what do you agree? All 12+ pages of posts? Or with the 7+ month old OP?

LOL!! I'm assuming that was just a comprehensive, accepting stance on the universe as it is.
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Think of it like this:

If it is not in demand.... it will not be produced.

I agree with PP's who say to contact them!

A company is not going to waste it's money producing a product for an invisible customer. You have to let them know you want their product.

Maybe a bad analogy, but at my work, we never carried baby products. One day a woman was upset asking "how could you not have at least wipes??" Now we have a whole baby section. Catch my drift?
  • duxgrl1
    duxgrl1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel ya! I have lost 58 lbs in the past year and a half, and prior to that it really bugged me that I could not buy clothes in that store when I was a 1X....I think that we should be able to buy workout clothes anywhere. I had really mixed emotions about it....I did not like that they seemed to discriminate against larger women, but also felt challenged to lose enough weight be able to go in there and fit into those clothes! I told myself that as soon as I could fit into one of their 12s, I would go in there and buy something just because I COULD. So in October of last year, the day finally came. I went in there and tried on a hoodie, it looked great and I bought it. When I told the woman who helped me that I had just lost all that weight and was finally buying something, she and her manager wanted to gift me with an accessory for losing all that weight, and I have to say, that was totally unexpected and very much appreciated. So it ended up being a very nice experience, but I totally understand how you feel.