I haven't pooped in almost a week!

Options
I have been on track with my eating & excersing but it seems like ever since I've started MFP I've been going A LOT less then I normally do. I feel bloated! HELP!

Replies

• _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Can you open up your diary? Really no way to healp without knowing what you are, or perhaps are not, eating. Also, how much water do you drink a day? Has this ever been an issue in the past?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Open your diary, it's a lot easier to answer questions on here when we can see what the person is putting into their bodies.

More fiber needed, maybe? Do you drink water?
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm going thru something similar. Not stopped but less frequent. I believe it's the calorie cut back so I will add more cals thru veggies and see if it helps. May want to try the same.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    drink a cup of smooth move tea, it really helps I promis, that stuffs my best friend sometimes:embarassed:
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    oops didn't realize it was private...it's open now
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Wow, when you finally do go you are going to have a fabulous weigh in, lol. Seriously though, lots, lots, lots of water, veges, fruits and some good probiotics can do wonders.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's normal and will correct itself over time. Your body is just adjusting to the new diet.

-Drink lots of water
    -Make sure you're getting enough fiber
    -Make sure you're eating AT LEAST 1200 cals (more cals if you're working out)
    -A cup of coffee always helps for me :)
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It's normal and will correct itself over time. Your body is just adjusting to the new diet.

-Drink lots of water

^^ This ^^

Or go to McD for breakfast. Seriously.... maybe my body wasn't used to that but after eating, I had to RUN there hahahaha
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    TMI, grief:noway:
    I have been on track with my eating & excersing but it seems like ever since I've started MFP I've been going A LOT less then I normally do. I feel bloated! HELP!

TMI? Sure. But do you know how many posts I've seen on periods and sex? If that can be discussed, why not pooping? LOL. At least she is not describing the size and shape and how it comes out!
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    Can you open up your diary? Really no way to healp without knowing what you are, or perhaps are not, eating. Also, how much water do you drink a day? Has this ever been an issue in the past?

I drink water all day...I usually don't go everyday but my belly feels so solid :ohwell:
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options

-Drink lots of water

^^ This ^^

Or go to McD for breakfast. Seriously.... maybe my body wasn't used to that but after eating, I had to RUN there hahahaha

hahaha too funny! :laugh:
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options

So why did you click on it? lol <3 mel
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options

TMI? Sure. But do you know how many posts I've seen on periods and sex? If that can be discussed, why not pooping? LOL. At least she is not describing the size and shape and how it comes out!

It's a serious diet question! lol :frown:
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    pound some coffee and then get on the treadmill :P
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    A single cup of coffee first thing n the morning can also help. Sounds weird but it really does work.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    All bran and a cup of coffee.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    try adding ground flaxseed into your diet. you can add it to smoothies, to yogurt, baking, sprinkle on cereal, on just about everything! It works. Two tablespoons a day is the recommended dose.
  • sheclimbsrocks
    sheclimbsrocks Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know it's gross, but in situations like this I hold my nose and dive for the prune juice.

I took a quick glance at your diet. Maybe you should cut back on the cheese and add a few more fresh veggies in there. Dairy can sometimes bind you up.

I hope you feel better!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    fiber and yogurt. No bananas...they are like buttputty.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...another opportunity for me to share my most favorite link EVER:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/the-dos-and-donts-of-drinking-ballerina-tea/

Thank you for bringing me this happy moment! :)