I haven't pooped in almost a week!

Options

Replies

• M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    fiber and yogurt. No bananas...they are like buttputty.

Oh. My. Well, I guess I'll have to rethink my buttputty and peanut butter for a snack. :noway:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I used to abuse laxatives heavily and even I have not had your issue, in spite of what I did to my bowels, so you are doing something wrong.

I generally eat around a pound of vegetables each day and a couple of pieces of fruit as part of my diet, as well as having coffee when I get up. That generally keeps things moving, and if I get any issues, I get prunes or prune juice, and that does the trick. Psyllium husk is also an option, as others mentioned, but be sure to drink plenty of water with it. It is not just about keeping under your calories, if you eat too much processed foods and not enough fresh foods, your health will suffer, as you are discovering.
  • raiseyourgame
    Options
    This might be weird but... a footlong subway sandwich hahaha!
  • inagaddadavegan
    inagaddadavegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Water and Fiber. Water and Fiber. Water and Fiber.

Yes. 26g more more a day is what I've seen as recommended amount of fiber.
  • Cristofori44
    Cristofori44 Posts: 201
    Options
    You're eating chocolate and candy almost every day, which are known constipating agents, along with a lot of processed foods in a box. or fast food. Then there's the almost daily ice cream, which can wreak some havoc, and you're drinking Cokes with meals instead of water. And you've logged no exercise.

Cut out the junk. Get fiber from fruits, oatmeal, veggies; water and exercise.
    Good luck.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    LOL I gotta go ...again...
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    You're eating chocolate and candy almost every day, which are known constipating agents, along with a lot of processed foods in a box. or fast food. Then there's the almost daily ice cream, which can wreak some havoc, and you're drinking Cokes with meals instead of water. And you've logged no exercise.

Cut out the junk. Get fiber from fruits, oatmeal, veggies; water and exercise.
    Good luck.

I've logged no exercise???? You must have over looked that...LOL
  • bevie19
    bevie19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thank you!!
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    (Sorry I had to chuckle at this!) Coffee helps, and hot tea. AND prune juice. YUM! It has lots of fiber. I have probs with this too because I take liquid iron for anemia. You can also take Dulcolax (it's a stool softener) and that usually helps too. If it's been that long, well........... no easy way to say it.......... it's likely going to hurt so you should take a few Dulcolax anyhow. My sister-in-law is an RN and she always says to make sure you eat lots of fruits that start with a "P" (prunes, peaches, plums, pears.......etc) because they make you poop. Avoid bananas and cheese.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Coffee, prunes, and a morning jog will do the trick :P
  • lalipoon
    lalipoon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    drink water, eat fruit. 15 cherries or a handful of dried apricots usually takes care of it for me.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon tablets. I found those worked for me.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    fiber and yogurt. No bananas...they are like buttputty.

HAHAHA Buttputty!
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One word...FIBER! And four more...probiotic and prebiotic foods. I was having bloating and gastrointestinal issues a few months back because of the pain meds my doctor has me on for my knee. The new one he tried made the knee pain exponentially WORSE and gave me a rash so that was a no go. As an alternative, I started eating Darigold cottage cheese and Lucerne/Western Family/Tillamook yogurt (which have probiotics acidophilus and bifidus that I learned from research are good for tummy issues.) and eating prebiotics (that give the probiotics the food they need to populate in your stomach for the greatest protective effect) such as stoneground whole wheat bread and fiber bars and fiber-rich cereals. I can now go back to being relatively pain free in my knee AND not have the painful bloating and constipation problem I was having. It worked for me....you might try it and see if it is your answer too.
  • EmmaPinkyB
    Options
    I've always found the best 'natural' thing to use, is to simply have a handful of prunes every day - they're loaded with fibre, great antioxidants and natural laxatives. Mangos also work for many people and keep drinking loads of water. Lack of fibre is usually the problem.
  • willowdancer
    Options
    It's normal and will correct itself over time. Your body is just adjusting to the new diet.

-Drink lots of water
    -Make sure you're getting enough fiber
    -Make sure you're eating AT LEAST 1200 cals (more cals if you're working out)
    -A cup of coffee always helps for me :)

I agree with this; I went through a phase where I was starting to wonder what was up down there and even my morning coffee wasn't keeping me regular the way it normally does.
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    More fruits and veggies!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    This post is from the end of July. I would have to hope she has pooped by now.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    If you like coffee, I add a tablespoon of molasses to mine. It helps. Its also good because it gives you some important minerals and nutrients.
  • cyndymar
    Options
    You need more Fiber in your diet, drink enough water eat more veggies = )