Do you tell?

Options
124»

Replies

• eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My whole family knows. I went on vacation with them and had to tell them so we could make different choices about where we ate (sit down restaurant instead of McDonalds). So far no one has asked the dreaded question, "Should you be eating that?" Thank goodness.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have told basically everyone I see on a regular basis--husband, family, friends, coworker. The last time I tried to lose weight, I did not tell anyone for the same reason a lot of people don't--did not want people to see me fail. I decided to tell everyone this time because I feel like it keeps me accountable. I still might fail miserably, but so far, I've lasted longer and lost more than any time before. I also like it when my coworkers talk about how well I'm doing.
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My friend Marly got me to join. I have told my parents, son and some other family members. About 10 people in total.
  • ArkansasHoney
    Options
    only a few who i trust
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law is the person that told me about this website, so she knows about my efforts, but no one else really knows. I've mentioned it to my husband in passing...
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    he only person I told was my mum, I didnt even tell hubby, Since I started I have lost 2 and a half stone in total, and noone has commented yet!
  • darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    My husband and daughter know and three of my girlfriends. I haven't told my mother or the rest of the family. They'll know once they start seeing my body transform. I am not worried about failure, I just don't want to brag or be seen as a bragger.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my immediate family knows.
  • mshort234
    mshort234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I probably should tell, but I am afraid of quickly failing as usual. Don't want to be all talk , no action, again.
    I want to keep to my self and stay committed.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Who have you told about your weight loss plan, thoughts, etc?

I havent told anyone exactly what it is Im doing other than my fiance' (Who by the way I have convinced to join MFP and jump the bandwagon of weight loss and getting healthier) YAYAYAYA us huh?

But seriously....have you told all your family and friends or are you waiting for them to just notice how marvelous you're looking? Have you invited friends and family to join you here? Have you told your doctor or medical professional?

People know that I am trying to lose weight.
    As far as "tooting my own horn" so to speak, I post my weight loss badge on FB for every 5 lbs lost.
    I have not posted new pictures.

I do plan to talk to my doctor about it when I see her this month for a physical. Just to make sure I'm on the right track and to see if there is anything else I should be doing. I haven't done this yet, because this is my first weight loss attempt that actually resulted in a significant loss. It still amazes me!
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I told my husband, of course, and facebook....but I also hope people notice.