Beat the Holiday Blues Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I really dont want to let this thread die. :sad: Sorry I've been MIA as well. This week has been crazy for me as well. And food wise, I have been doing awful. Courtney I am also in your same situation but surprisingly I was at a good weight this morning when I stepped on the scale. So I am sure you would be pleasantly surprised.

Duffy, thanks for asking about the 10K. Finished in 55:53, third in my age division. I got a nice bronze medal. It was cold and ran in shorts. My legs never got warm. I started slow, I did the first mile in 10 mins. But that was a nice warmup and I started to pick up the pace after that. The rock and roll half marathon is on Sun Nov 15.

My sisters are in town visiting this weekend. I am sure we are going out to eat and party. I am not really inclined to drink much anymore for some reason but I can go overboard when it comes to eating. :grumble: I will focus on enjoying my sisters, the laughs, the conversations instead of the food and perhaps the drinks. One of them is here already and we went to a Zumba class last night and I burned 474 cals! We had a good time.

Have a great weekend!!! :flowerforyou:
  • courtneyweiss
    Options
    Hey all! Check in day!

I've been out with the flu for a couple of days, so I'm sure the 160 lbs that I am currently at will change over the course of the next week. I've been living on tea and soup...bleh...but, it still felt good when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 160! This means that I'll be in the 150s somewhere next week! Woohoo!

Here's where I need some advice. I am not sure what I should do for exercise while I ma recovering from being sick. In the past I've been someone that tries too much too soon only to have it backfire. So, I'm definitely not getting out for a run anytime soon. Any ideas? Anything anyone can share?

Thanks team!!!!
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi
    well I'm back, sort of.....
    I got my daughter moved south ok.... but I hear ya courtney,, my last day in NM.. I started feeling eicky,, and by the time I got home Wed.... I was feeling rotten... the last couple of days I"ve done very little....I'm mostly just tired and achie... lots of tea, and sleep... the sad thing is when I got on the scale this morning it said 147,, (the horred 147 is back) the good thing is I havn't had anycravings for candy... As for the exercise,, I keep thinking I'ed feel better if I got moving and then tell myself maybe tomorrow... corntey, I think its best to take It slow and easy for awhile....maybe start with just walking. I might try that... first lets see how I'm feeling tomorrow though.:laugh:

great job on your marithon too Alf...

have a great weekend, everyone:drinker:
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Hello all!!!

Well...........I survived putting the hubby on the plane yesterday morning.....I think this leaving has been harder on him than on me this time....not sure why. He's in VA out-processing until Friday when he flies to Kuwait City and points beyond. Today he's had "Death by Powerpoint" all day, so we played email tag all morning :laugh: :laugh:

I stepped back on the scale this morning.........not good :frown: :frown: :frown: but I expected it. The last 2 weeks I barely worked out and of course ate like crap.

But........... I gave myself yesterday to feel sorry for myself and eat like crap for the last time.

Today I started logging my foods again and will be back to the workouts at least 3 times a week.

So.....my journey to a smaller body begins once again.....176 days to a new, less flabby me!!!

I don't feel as alone as I did last time he deployed - I've got such a great group of MFP friends!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! MIA this weekend because my sisters were in town visiting and my daughter and grandbaby came over as well. So I had a wonderful weekend with family. And of course lots of eating and some drinking...

I really need to take control of my eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble: :noway:

Courtney, I agree with Constance, start slow, walking is a great idea and start from there. You can also do some light strength training. I am glad you feel better.

MK, glad you feel ok. Focus on yourself while your husband is gone. Stay busy so time goes by quickly.

Take care!! :flowerforyou: