How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• DJS51
    DJS51 Posts: 3
    Options
    I checked a few pages of comments and did not see this suggestion: Breakstone 2% fat cottage cheese and apple butter.

Mussleman's Apple Butter - Apple Butter, 1 Tbsp (17g) 30 calories, 8 carbs, 0 fat, 0 protein, 0 sodium, 6 sugar

I also eat cottage cheese with Costco grapefruit packed in natural juice (in cups) or about 4 sliced strawberries.

One trick is to turn cottage cheese container up side down in refrigerator to keep cottage cheese longer.
  • cherchechristine
    cherchechristine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i use it in place of ricotta cheese...in all recipes...especially lasagna....delicious:blushing: and no one ever knows!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I sweeten 1 c with 1 packet of stevia (Truvia brand), add 1/2 t cinnamon and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. It's delicious!
  • CountryStrongNicole
    CountryStrongNicole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love it on a lightly buttered English muffin. Or with fruit (peaches, pineapple, pears). Or on a lettuce salad. Or just plain with a spoon!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love dipping my triscuit crackers in it!
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Plain with pepper. On toast, bagel or English muffin. With fruit or veggies. Take a outer lead of lettuce 1 slice tomato and some cottage cheese roll it up.
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love dipping my triscuit crackers in it!

Dipping any cracker in it is also amazing.
  • sunset1004
    sunset1004 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    With Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb or Southwest Chipotle and garlic salt. I eat it on whole grain bread for breakfast. :-)
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I make an egg bake that includes cottage cheese. Mix beaten eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, cooked veggies, and some ham/bacon/sausage together and bake! YUM! Protein loaded breakfast on the go. I even made them in muffin tins this time for something even easier to grab and go.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    With a spoon and sliced almonds
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Plain with a sprinkle of paprika.
  • murray292
    murray292 Posts: 32
    Options
    bump.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat it plain, but I also like to add a little pico de gallo or salsa.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    With tomatoes and fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and a touch of salt and pepper. Cottage cheese caprese = yummy!
  • foxygroat
    foxygroat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese a couple different ways:
    1) I will cut up a green onion and mix it with the cottage cheese.
    2) I cut up green onion and tomato and mix it with lemon juice and cilantro. Then I eat it along with the cottage cheese.
    3) Green peppers mixed with the cottage cheese works good also.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Sweet chilli sauce
    Chilli

anything spicy cause that is a great fat burner
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I wrote on this thread before or not, but I put a pound of pepper on my cottage cheese. Nothing else. I can't eat it with fruit, it makes me gag.
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like fruit, applesauce and bacon bits in it. I also like it in a baked potato with salsa.
  • karen8873
    karen8873 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I mix it with a Chobani greek yogurt for extra protein, or cut up green apple and sprinkle on some cinnamon
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I wrote on this thread before or not, but I put a pound of pepper on my cottage cheese. Nothing else. I can't eat it with fruit, it makes me gag.

^exactly! I am glad I'm not the only one that the fruit/cottage cheese combo makes gag