How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• kellyb234
    kellyb234 Posts: 27
    Options
    I eat it on everything ! I make pita pizzas with cottage cheese all over my veggies, in soup, on fruit, in sandwiches , I have replaced all other cheese with it!
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like it with jello
    mix with 1/4 avacado and boiled egg for egg salad
    crustless quiche ( 2 eggs, 1 container cottage cheese, veggies or what ever (bake for 30 mins)
    with berries
    I guess I just love it anyway
  • nationallazer
    Options
    put it on baked potatoes its great!!!
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    blended with tuna & paprika and spread on crispbread
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    veggies. rice cakes but mostly rassberries, strawberries and blueberies
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I slit open a chicken breast and stuff it with spinach and cottage cheese. Bake in the oven. Or eat it with back to nature's crackers.
    that sounds good. I love spinach.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I like to just top it a little Salad Supreme. (Used to Vegetable Supreme until it was discontinued). Also use cottage cheese on a baked potato instead of butter or sour cream.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I mix tomatoes in mine and maybe add some pepper now and then.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    With a spoon. I only eat it plain...yep, I'm boring...:bigsmile:
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    My favorite cottage cheese is Simply Kraft - Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2% Milk Fat Small Curd, 1/2 cup (122g) . I have tried the fat free but it tastes horrible. This one I can eat plain and it tastes great to me. I add nothing to it. I eat it with celery. Instead of using a fork or spoon, I scoop it out of the dish with the celery.
  • chrystalah
    chrystalah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In my protein shakes!!! It gets blended up & you don't know it's there... Check out www.dashingdish.com for recipes-they are delicious!!! I also use it recipes, like chicken salad instead of mayo (you blend it up there too, got that from tosca reno's eat clean diet)
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i put season salt or creole seasoning on it, you gotta say BOOM! like Emeril when you do it
  • danicaliforn1a
    danicaliforn1a Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Instead of yogurt in the morning I have 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese with some chopped strawberries/fruit and 1/3 cup of bran buds. Some days I just op for the cottage cheese and bran buds. I feel full until lunch time.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm with most here, pepper, lots of pepper, sometimes with chopped green onions, parsley....etc.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I add bacon bits to it.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes, I buy low sodium cottage cheese which BTW is bland without the salt, so I add Chia Seeds 1tablespoon, or Hemp Hearts 1 tablespoon and a little Stevia, and I love it. Sometimes I but half and half of chia and hemp hearts. Love it, have it every afternoon.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Sweet? with pineapple or peaches.

Savory? with smoked paprika or lemon pepper.

Smoked paprika is my favorite! :smokin:
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love Lidl Light cottage cheese (74 cals per 100g and 13g protein).

Plain with lots of paprika is ace but I'm also one of those people who love it with pasta or put it on straight to wok noodles - yum!

It's a great savoury pancake filling and the oatcake and cottage cheese pancakes are brill too.

I've never thought of most of the sweet versions on here so might have to be brave and give that a go, I love cinnamon but never thought of putting it on cottage cheese before!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just watched a cooking show that recommended adding a little lemon juice to cottage cheese and blending it together and using as a substitute for sour cream. I tried it and it really tastes similar and is a much better alternative to using sour cream.

I've also seen recommendations of using cottage cheese in smoothies, but haven't tried that yet.