How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've used it as a sub for ricotta cheese in lightened up Stuffed Shells that I made for company and it was really great. No one noticed the difference :)
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain, use it as dressing on my salad sometimes, eat it with fruit or tomatoes. I cook with it also. I love cottage cheese!!
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    With 1/2 cup avocado and lemon pepper
  • Sappy320
    Sappy320 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I put it into smoothies/ protein shakes with fruit, etc. Adds some protein and makes it much more appetizing!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've used low-fat versions of it to replace sour cream (on a potato, on top of salsa, etc.). You blend it up well enough, they taste pretty similar.
  • jjj143
    jjj143 Posts: 5
    Options
    I like it with some granola sprinkled on top with almonds. Yummy. You can also use it in place of other cheeses in recipes. In place of ricotta and cream it in the food processor and some spices or veggies and use it as a dip or spread.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    pinapple!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just had some, thanks to this post. I added salt, pepper and some all natural red salsa. It seemed to be missing some texture, so maybe I will experiment with it some more as I go along.
  • iluvmyhoneys
    Options
    i actually really like cottage cheese... i put salt and pepper. no fruit in it for this girl!! :tongue:
  • jeannelawrie
    jeannelawrie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was already suggested, but I love cottage cheese with low cal French dressing on it...
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have always liked it with some black pepper sprinkled on top!
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I put it in my spaghetti.
    Weird, I know, but it makes it taste like lasagna and it gives a protein boost!!!

Haha! So do I, it is really good.. Also, when I've had time I've made lasagna with ww noodles, fat free cottage cheese, 97 lean beef and a red wine tomato sauce and it's awesome..
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    With cucumbers and spring onions loaded with fiery black pepper.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese goes with most any food. :heart:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Weird, I know, but it makes it taste like lasagna and it gives a protein boost!!!

not weird my sister uses it instead of ricotta in her lasagna and its really good
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options

This! :smile:
    I also mix it with a small can of mandrine oranges, sugarfree orange jello, and coolwhip light. Let it sit overnight-YUM!
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lots of ideas here and I hope I'm not repeating this for the hundredth time but I add 1 dark chocolate hello pudding cup 60 calories) and a little truvia to 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Tumour!

Haha. I dont know why this says Tumour! :) I think I wrote YUM!
  • marcy419
    Options
    I mix it with spicy humas, yumm!!
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese sprinkled with sugar free Orange Jello powder and then mixed with crushed pineapple in it's own juice, and fat free/ sugar free cool whip. Yummy!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    just lurking to see what new recipes have been added:smile: