How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    With a spoon. Sometimes a fork is I haven't done dishes.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome mixed with salsa with tortilla chips . Mmmmmm...

Tossed with hot cooked orzo pasta and pesto.

Mixed with smashed banana and pb on a caramel rice cake. To die for.

And of course plain.

I love cottage cheese :love:
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it was mentioned before, but I always mix it with a couple of eggs and then cook the misture with salt and pepper.
    I also love cottage cheese with spinach and nutmeg.

Then, if you really want to indulge yourself try cottage cheese with honey.
  • elissaz13
    elissaz13 Posts: 4
    Options
    Sunflower seeds!!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    With some jam/jelly or honey. That's the only way I've ever really eaten it because it's kind of yucky plain. I'll have to try some of these other suggestions though!
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My brother eats his loaded with pepper. I find that's pretty much the only way I can get past the taste and texture, too, but I can't put as much pepper on it as he does or I wouldn't be able to breath.

If you can't find a way to eat it so you actually like it, don't eat it as it isn't worth it and look for another option.

I may have to try the applesauce though.

I also love a bucket of black pepper on my cottage cheese.
  • tlctrace
    tlctrace Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Use it as a substitue for sour cream.
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I put it in my spaghetti.
    Weird, I know, but it makes it taste like lasagna and it gives a protein boost!!!

People always look at me funny when I put it on spaghetti! Glad I'm not the only one who does. I always say why not eat it, it's the same ingredients as lasagna, but with out the hastle of having to bake it. I seriously have no problems with plain cottage cheese, love to eat it, like if I'm not careful I'll eat half the big container in one sitting, love. I've seen someone here at work mix it with her strawberry yogurt. She said it just tastes like yogurt then, and if you get the kind with fruit on the bottom, you don't even notice the chunks. My husband just puts a little salt and pepper on it. NO non fat, unless it's being cooked into something. It just doesn't taste as good, and then, not worth it to me. I can handle most lower sodium and low fat options, but some do taste better than others. We do keep some of the regular 4% fat around for my husband and dogs, so if there is a day my fat macro is low, I love to indulge and have some of that. I also love to put it on baked potatoes, mmmm so good.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    a little honey is good. :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Just black pepper.
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lots of ideas here and I hope I'm not repeating this for the hundredth time but I add 1 dark chocolate hello pudding cup 60 calories) and a little truvia to 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Tumour!
  • sueminturn
    Options
    I add pepper when I want to eat it plain

add green peppers chopped, and tuna for low fat tuna salad (no Mayo)
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sweet: with maple syrup or dark chocholate sauce.
    Non-sweet: with spinaches or other steamed dark green leaved veggies and pasta
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • pennymelinda
    Options
    Try mixing it with a salad
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I toss it into a mixed salad, eat it atop some lettuce, or my fave, with alfalfa sprouts. You can mix it with eggs and scramble them.
  • Kacibird71
    Kacibird71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like it with grape tomatos and Chili Powder! yum
  • aakers79
    aakers79 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use it to make a healthy ommelette. It sounds a bit gross - but I was out of cheese the one day and decided to experiment. It actually tasted awesome and is relatively healthy (especially with some veggies and just egg whites.
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    I add in some pepper, salt, and then eat it right out of the container :)
  • rach7turtle
    rach7turtle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I add oregano like you would pepper. Then I eat it with a spoon or dip crackers into it. I think the oregano adds the perfect taste.