What did you eat today?

Options
CoderGal
CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
Figured this would be a fun way to figure out different food ideas. Come here to post what you ate today. Leave nothing out!

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So far, today wasn't bad (I may have a coffee with my dad later)

Brunch: Steel Cut Oats with cinnamon and chocolate (I usually add almond milk but I forgot)

Lunch: Nan's homemade beef/barley/carrot soup

Snack: Dried Cranberries

Supper: pork and Beef on the BBQ with Budweiser sauce. Topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions (EVOO). Spinach Salad on the side (spinach, roasted pine nuts, apple, goat cheese, homemade EVOO/balsamic vinaigrette) and some tomato slices, broccoli and a carrot stick.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So far:
    breakfast was a teaspoon of fish oil followed by a 3 egg omelet, 2 slices wellshire turkey bacon, and a slice of dave's killer 21 whole grains

a little later had a shake with a frozen banana, 1 tsp creatine monohydrate, a scoop of ON natural chocolate whey and 1/4 tsp xanthan gum

in the fridge i have marinating 6 chicken breasts in Ubiquitous Greek Marinade. i will be making tzaziki, sweet potatoes, onions, and having some friends over for a little grillin.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    So far...

Breakfast
    - oatmeal with raspberries, chia seeds, cinnamon, and almond butter
    - iced coffee with almond milk

Snack
    - blue corn chips with mango-peach salsa
    - red bell pepper strips

Have not had dinner yet but it will either be BBQ tofu or a black bean burger. With some sort of veggies on the side.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Alright...here's my weird day!

Breakfast- Bowl of Lucky Charms and some OJ (woke up with a little sore throat)

Snack- Iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks

Lunch- Some sort of Zone Perfect Bar that I got a free sample of in the mail, thank God it was in my purse b/c we were out shopping and I was getting to crazy, low blood sugar weirdo girl hasn't eaten mode

Snack- ate a Starbucks black & white cookie as soon as I walked in the door

Lunch part 2- some healthy homemade cole slaw to try to redeem myself from the sugar mania

Meeting a friend in an hour for some Mexican so I am thankful I have the calories left for it, but what a wacky eating day! Looking forward to having guacamole made fresh, table side :) Squeeee!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Two glasses of iced coffee and a handful of big ripe strawberries. Saving my calories for Mexican tonight!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    5 x 8oz lattes
    Protein shake with 1 1/2 cups 1% milk, 1 1/4 scoop ON Double Chocolate, 1/4 scoop Myofusion Cinammon Bun and 1 packet of Via
    Cheese sammich
    Toffee Coffee Cake
    1 banana

(its mid-afternoon here).
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    7.30 in Oz,
    So far a protein drink at about 2 am, woke up hungry.
    Breakfast was 2 slices of helga bread with low fat cottage cheese, scrummy, cud of eaten like 6 slices but well u have to refrain,, eh,
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Nothing worth talking about. Picked up an extra shift at work with no food!
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I had a nice big plate of scrambled eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast (no butter or toppings).
    For lunch, I sliced up a cucumber and topped the slices with tuna and hot sauce.
    I'm also making kale chips as a crunchy little snack to hold me over until dinner!
    I haven't had dinner yet, but I bought a bunch of fresh veggies and fruits today so I'll probably find something to do with all of those! :)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries, craisins, almonds, and sweetened with some agave.

Banana and mango smoothie made with milk when I got back from my run.

Smashed chickpea and avocado sandwich on sourdough.

Black bean burgers are on the menu for dinner tonight. I'm sure I'll eat some other stuff too, but I don't know what just yet.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bf= coffee 2teaspoons of sugar and one international delight packet (french vanilla)
    Lunch= 1/2 oatmeal ,1cup unsweetened almond milk , 1/4cup frozen blueberries, 1whole peach , teaspoon peanut butter (jiff natural low sodium) , and two teaspoon light brown sugar cooked together for a great bowl of hot oatmeal yummy -- airizona grean tea 8oz cup
    dinner= we ate out local china house I had 1/2 portion of orange chicken with pork fried rice and a large sweet tea and one vegie egg roll (took the other half home for another time)

snacks so far = carrots with some tribe brand sweet rosted red pepper hummus
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-dad makes crepes with peaches
    Lunch-chicken fajita meat/veggies
    Dinner will be-chicken hit dog, no bun, carrots and dip, and sun chips

It's tough living at home with yummy, not so healthy foods all around
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-- Greek yogurt with added raspberries and some granola.

Snack--Some pecans, two fruit bars, and some watermelon

Lunch-- a homemade burger patty with blue cheese and lettuce, on top of a small slice of toast. With a side of a piece of homemade pesto-slathered toast. Delicious!

Dinner-- ?
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So far -

Breakfast
    Shredded Wheat and Bran (1.25 cups)
    3 strawberries, sliced
    .5 cup whole milk

Lunch
    Garden Salad (lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, shredded carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli, sliced strawberries, beets)
    2 Tbsp Ken's Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette
    .5 TBSP Sunflower Seeds
    1 oz Feta

That's a lot less than I normally eat before dinner, but I have dinner reservations, so I've been saving my calories. (And I'm hungry!)
  • davenportk83
    davenportk83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So far.............

Breakfast - Poached egg with 2 slices of wheat toast and some fresh watermelon
    Snack - 4 chocolate covered mini pretzels
    Lunch - Subway salad with chicken and loads of veggies, one slice of wheat bread and a wildberry simply fruit roll-up, The watermelon was the last of the fresh fruit in the house. Time to go shopping :-)
    Snack - Mr. Wheat crisp with PB2 and a few almonds

Haven't decided on what to do for dinner yet~
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Well day's not done but here goes:

Breakfast
    Nutrigrain Bar (Blueberry)
    Coffee with sugar and cream

Snack
    Publix stuffed broccoli bite (free sample from Apron's)

Lunch (Post workout)
    Spinach salad with chicken, cheese, croutons, low calorie ranch from bolthouse farms)
    Protein shake with 2% milk, yoplait fruit smoothie mix, and whey protein

Haven't even had dinner and met my calcium requirements, go me!
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Essential flax bread with smart balance and coffee and frozen grapes

Snack - Spinach and chocolate covered banana smoothie

Lunch - Salad with balsamic chicken and olives

Snack - DD Iced Mocha w/ skim

Snack - Cauliflower salad and two wasa crisp n light crackers covered w/ laughing cow ligh swiss and sprinkle of cin/sugar
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Vanilla Activia Light Yougurt
    One A Day Energy Vitamin

Then about 10 pickles slices (drank a bit last night and pickles are my hangover cure, along with tons of water)

Lunch: about 3/4 of a frozen bean and cheese burrito (Skyline brand - tummy wasn't happy)

Then a 100 Cal. Pk. of Harvest Cheddar Sunchips

And just now some peanut butter mixed with powdered sugar cuz I was feeling like my blood sugar was plummeting

We will be having hamburgers for dinner and not sure about a side dish

^^basically not the healthiest day of eating, it's harder when i'm off work
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

Now Foods - L-Carnitine Liquid, Triple Strength, Citrus Flavor, 3000 Mg 473ml, 30 ml 1tbsp
    2 cups Peets House Coffee, Black w/ 1 Stevia packet
    Nature's Best ISOPure L.Carb Dutch Chocolate 65g Protein Shake 10oz
    Optifast 800 Strawberry Shake 8oz

Lunch:

Optifast 800 Chocolate Bar
    Optifast 800 Strawberry Shake 8oz

Dinner:
    which I have not had yet will be.

Optifast 800 Garden Soup 10oz
    Optifast 800 Chocolate Shake 8oz
    Optifast 800 Peanut Butter Bar
    Now Foods - L-Carnitine Liquid, Triple Strength, Citrus Flavor, 3000 Mg 473ml, 30 ml 1tbsp
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    Before Breakfast: Warm lemon water
    Breakfast: Omelet w/ cheese and spinach w/ a side of strawberries and green tea
    Snack: Plain Chobani yogurt w/ strawberries
    Lunch: LOTS OF CHICKEN w/ a salad
    Snack: Almonds
    Dinner: Fish w/ brocoli and peas
    Snack: Baby bell cheese and green tea

Plus 12 cups of water! wooohoo!