What did you eat today?

Options

Replies

• AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled egg whites with an ounce of ham, hashbrowns and ketchup, sliced garden tomatoes. (391 cal)

Lunch: Parmesan-crusted tilapia, low-fat cottage cheese, sliced garden tomatoes, chopped boiled broccoli with balsamic dressing. (402 cal)

Dinner: Caribbean jerk stir-fry over mashed potatoes. (626 cal)
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    08-12
    8 sticks of wholewheat grissini (why 8 sticks is why I usually skip breakfast. Too sleepy to think what I eat)
    Some sunflower seed
    1 Large peach

12-16
    A small piece of cheese
    4 Dried dates
    Coffee

16-20
    Okra with Beef
    2 Dried apricots

20-00
    Green bean stew
    Grapes
    Handful of chips
    1.5 bottles high grav. beer
    150 gr. Lor cheese
    2 Large peaches
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Taso: I'm right in the mood for Tazaziki now.

Peachyxo: Almond butter in oatmeal? Genius, why didn't I think of that. Does it dissolve well? And purple chips and mango salsa, something I've had before but quite different then the usual :)

mbcarreno08: omg lucky charms...I haven't had them in so long...I got all excited at work one day because someone threw a stale packaged Halloween marshmallow candy at me and i ate it because it reminded me of lucky charms hahaha. Whats a black and white cookie at starbucks? Are they good? I go there often but find whenever I try the baked goods they're dry and tasteless.

Sarauk: Holy Latte, What's via, and where do you get toffee cakes? I never see them around here but they sound delicious.

SamanthaAnnM: Tuna hot sauce and cucumber...now that's a combo I'd never put together haha. Love the kale chips.

thelovelyLIZ: "Smashed chickpea and avocado sandwich on sourdough. " <-If this is anything close to the Rachel Ray chickpea burger, yum

Wetterdew: What kind of granola? I find the post honey ones amazing. Need to come up with my own recipe.

cbevan1229: Sunflower seeds, I never thought of adding them to salad, I always eat them plain.

davenportk83: Do you know what I miss? Plane boxes of those kinda hard if they get cold fruit-roll-ups...can't get them here anymore.

AlexPflug: tilapia is something you never see around here.

xarge: I tried Okra for the first time a few weeks ago. Good stuff.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - fish oil and a multivitamin (I'm doing intermittent fasting, so no breakfast, but fish oil and vitamin C help regulate cortisol levels which become elevated during a fast).

Lunch - Peach greek yogurt, string cheese, a handful of cherries, a small avocado, 3 roasted chicken thighs, a small salad with feta cheese and honey dijon dressing, a glass of skim milk, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and some chocolate icecream.

Dinner will probably be a cheese and bacon omelet with some veggies.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So far peanut butter toast, a small nectarine (we recently discovered a nectarine tree fruiting, hiding behind the detached garage by the back fence. We never knew!! But are very happy about the development. I LOVE nectarines!), an open face tomato and mozzarella sandwich on whole stoneground wheat bread and a whole lot of water. Babyback ribs on the menu for tonight --and I'm sending the kids out to see if there are anymore zucchinis ready to pick in the garden for veg. It's the end of the month and the time to get creative with limited ingredients to clean out the dregs and make room for the new load of groceries on the 1st. So the menu isn't exactly typical, but I think I'm doing pretty well with month end resources!! :o)
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Breakfast-Chocolate Chip Muffin (Hadn't had one in forever)
    Lunch- veggie chicken patty/1 slice of Pepperidge Farm white bread and light nonfat orange cream yogurt
    Supper- ????? (Been working in the yard cutting trees, I'm starving)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Kashi cereal w/ almond milk, protein shake w/ sliced bananas and strawberries, almond milk, and some plain fat-free Greek yogurt for some thickness
    Lunch: Plain fat-free Greek yogurt w/ honey, a pinch of granola, and strawberry preserves
    Snacks: Kashi strawberry cereal bar, half of a double chocolate chip brownie from Starbucks

So far...
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    xarge: I tried Okra for the first time a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

By itself, it's very low on calories but I love the taste ever since I was a kid. It's a good change from common vegetables.
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The tilapia is frozen. We get it at Sam's Club. I am not a fish eater, but it is really tasty with the parmesan crust. I just make sure I have low-cal sides with it.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    tvanhooser: I am jealous of your new found nectarine tree. I've been going for walks around campus because there's so many ripe fruit around there, but we don't get things like that here. There's some nice stuff on that trail though: Cracker jacks, juniper berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, partridge berries, bakeapples (berry), cherries, rhubarb, chives, etc. We even came across this weird plant the other day (apparently named after a crazy paranoid gun wielding lady of royalty who use to sneak plant them in friends yards). It was 3 feet high:
    313970_10151970364450607_640724218_n.jpg
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    puffed wheat with greek yogurt, cinnamon and cantaloupe for breakfast, coffee to drink. Luch was 2 vegan boca burgers wrapped in cooked egg white and lettuce wrap; lastly a 6oz fage greek yogurt . Dinner remains to be seen.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Peaches, mascarpone and whipped cream stuffed challah french toast

20120728_134725.jpg
  • CoderGal
    Options

20120728_134725.jpg

I don't know what mascarpone is, but can I steal this along with some of your abs lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Sarauk: Holy Latte, What's via, and where do you get toffee cakes? I never see them around here but they sound delicious.

Via is the instant coffee from Starbucks (yes - more coffee but it was 6am in the morning and I was on my way to the gym!). The toffee coffee cake was actually leftovers from a friends leaving thingy at work yesterday that came from a dinerish type restaurant called Hobees that does the best coffee cakes (usually you slather them with butter but I skipped that part). Heated up it was yum.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I tend to count my day from midnight til midnight and tend to eat my breakfast before bed, lol, since I go to bed late and get up late so, today I had :

2 pears.
    1 gala apple.
    250g cottage cheese/pineapple
    1 slice german rye bread(only 4 ingredients).
    Meridian jam (just fruit and pear juice).

Garbanzo roasted chickpeas.
    1 weider banana protein bar.
    1/2 small chocolate tart.

2 wild alaskan salmon fillets.
    200g mangetout.
    160g broccoli.
    150g new potatoes.

That gave me just under 1600 calories.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

20120728_134725.jpg

That looks really nice, I love mascarpone, but only have it very rarely when I eat out at pizza express and it comes with the fudge cake or the figs.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Beanitos with full fat cottage cheese, a cup of chopped pineapple.

Lunch: Cup of potato soup, mixed greens lightly dressed, dinner roll.

Tonight I'm having dinner at a food cart with some friends, not sure what I am going to get, considering food cart food is mostly made for drunk people (fried, fatty, salty, delicious.)
  • someblackgirl
    Options
    Breakfast: equate brand shake

Lunch: smoothie (banana, strawberries, plain yogurt, and apple juice)

Dinner: lima beans, carrots, corn, green beans, 1 slice whole wheat bread
    with 1tbsp peanut butter

Snack: 1 brach's root beer barrel

And 6 cups of water (I owe myself 2 more).

Edit: I forgot...I had a coffee with regular sugar and equate
    brand fat free powdered creamer
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    breakfast: almonds and half a protein drink

snack 1: big *kitten* protein smoothie

lunch: tuna sandwhich with spinach, onions and cherries (on the side)

snack 2: skinny cow ice cream :(, hummus, carrots, watermelon

dinner: spinach salad (spinach, mushrooms, green and red peppers, blueberries, strawberries, chia seeds and newman's light honey mustard dressing)

snack 3: another protein smoothie because I've had a lazy day and didn't feel like cooking real protein food.
  • stacey_dangelo
    stacey_dangelo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    breakfast: protein pancakes topped w/ a bit of maple syrup & fresh slices strawberries; coffee with sweetner, almond milk and a tsp of fibre

lunch: homemade pizza (half whole grain pita, shredded light old cheddar cheese, 1 slice chicken deli meat chopped, hot bell peppers, black olives), side salad of baby spinach & cherry tomatoes and light italian dressing

dinner: sole baked with homemade bruschetta on top, sauteed zucchini

snacks: orange, cherry greek yogurt, peppermint tea

total ~1100cal