What did you eat today?

Options

Replies

• cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow good job guys! I had a not so good day well week for that matter but I've enjoyed!
    Breakfast: chicken biscuit... Yummy!
    Lunch/ snack : half of a strawberry nutrigrain bar and a couple of lays chips
    Dinner: went to demos and this is were it all went down hill...... Three pieces of amazing cheese bread , salad, half of a sirloin and baked potatoe ..... Then sweet ceces for frozen yogurt with lots of toppings and a small sugar cookie!
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: huevo ranchero and sliced strawberries
    Lunch: raspberry Greek yogurt and a banana
    Dinner: homemade mandarin chicken salad and edamame
    Snack: Healthy Choice premium fudge bar
  • nikkiw283
    nikkiw283 Posts: 90
    Options
    Breakfast: peanut butter banana overnight oatmeal

Lunch: turkey & ham sandwich on whole wheat bread

Dinner: Herb-roasted chicken breast w/ summer squash and a spinach strawberry salad

Dessert: light english muffin topped with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (mixed in some dark cocoa powder) & strawberries
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Brunch - Quaker oatmeal with blueberries and skim milk

Snack - Ritz Bitz peanut butter crackers

Dinner - Johnsonville Hot Sausage Link, baked beans, 1/2 baked sweet potato
  • kmwrestle
    kmwrestle Posts: 33 Member
    Options

That steak looks amazing!

thanks
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My diary looks massive because I eat little bits of a wide variety of things, lol. I have gluten and cowmilk sensitivities so the "standard American diet" is out of the question for me. But I like to cook and I sure don't lack for yummy things to eat. Today I've had:

A smoothie (cherries, strawberries, blueberries, ground flax seed, ground chia seed, unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, almond milk, raw vegan protein powder), almonds, pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts, coconut water, avocado, homemade Almond Chia Quinoa Flour Wrap, sheepmilk yogurt, organic ground turkey, organic kidney/pinto/black bean mix with sweet/spicy chili sauce, spring mix salad, homemade Almond Coconut Cranberry Muffin, pork tenderloin slow-cooked in Thai peanut sauce, brown rice, and some baby green peas.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    2 hardboiled eggs and a slice of wheat toast with coffee

1 scoop of protein powder with skim milk

turkey and swiss cheese with corn tortllas with mixed veggies and spring mix

strawberries

protein cupcake with almond butter

chicken breast with butternut squash and zuccini

and I think I may have an apple with some peanut butter :-)
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    Breakfast: banana w/ cashew butter

Snack: nature valley chewy granola bar

Lunch: fusilli pasta w/ herbed ricotta and grape tomatoes + side asparagus

Dinner: panko tilapia, veggies, and a little brown rice

Snack: 100 calorie bag kettle corn

Beverages: 8 cups water, diet soda
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Breakfast coffee lunch half a Pb and j. Dinner a baja burger and fries. For snack a few tainted baby carrots.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Food.....
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyones replies so far :) This was my day:

Breakfast: Didn't sleep but by 5am I had Tims chocolate chunk cookie (stuck at airport with dad, knew I was going to go back to bed so didn't want to have a giant meal and they were out of pretty much everything besides coffee)

Then: Sleep till lunch with my cat

Lunch: Crunchy peanut butter topped with a bit of sesame seed Ezekiel bread lol. Sliced some green apple and had it with plain greek yogurt (I love that stuff)

then: sleep till supper with my bf who just got back from the airport and his dog

Supper: @Yellow Belly (Local Brewery pub) calimari for a starter, Sourdough turkey burger topped with guacamole, sweet potato fries, half a very thin crunchy wood smoked vegetarian pizza topped with tomato jam instead of tomato sauce and clumps of goat cheese

Snack: I was CRAVING icecream all day (which I'm not really a fan of so that was interesting). I had a frozen banana in the freezer so I started munching on that and it was delicious (first time I tried it). Ended up blending the rest of the frozen banana with peanut butter, cocoa, and a bit of cinnamon. Weird combo but I recommend everyone try it!

Ate more then I would have liked since I slept for most the day so I didn't move as much as I wanted but I was dropping.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    olivewalnut Zucchini fan?
    moonlightturk It's ok you're fasting, I ate for the both of us lol
    Txnurse97 The cachew chicken with swiss cheese sounds amazing
    poedunk65 Can't, your dairy is closed
    kmwrestle Someone made a pretty dish ;)
    RickMckc It's ok, I was totally falling for the chocolate chip cookie train this morning as well. I was craving the icecream train today so I had a frozen banana (above) for the first time, delicious.
    Enigmatica All of that sounded amazing and didn't look like a whole lot to me! Yum!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    (My Diary is Open to Public, my food isn't very exciting though)

O.J. - veggie 'sausage'- Peach, blueberries, spinach, Power Crundh Bar (1/2)- Turkey Chili-Broccoli- Molasses cookie, Chai Latte- pita chips
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Today was a little different:

Breakfast: Fresh Raspberries, Ezekiel whole grain sprouted almond cereal in plain greek yogurt (worth checking out, nice crunch, the only ingredient I don't like in this is the last ingredient which is sea salt), coffee with milk

Lunch: coconut milk ('pure' in a can, and it was awful, not like the real stuff at all), quinoa salad with veg and raisins, blueberries, grapes, fresh apple from the local farm, candy apple bf brought back from airport

Supper: bbq steak topped with sauteed mushroom and onions, corn with local fresh churned butter, spicy homemade lentil salad with mung beans, fresh veg, mostly from local farm (carrot, turnip, cucumber, tomato, cauliflower, broccoli), glass of milk

1878 cals
  • nadkim
    nadkim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I ate too much today. I cannot figure out all the calories I eat through MFP. So:

Breakfast:
    16 oz grapefruit/orange/lemmon juice
    one bowl of Moroccan lentil soup...very yummy: lentils, chickpeas, fava beans and a lot of other goodies

Snack:
    Activia with blueberries

Lunch
    Leftover Moroccan soup
    Broccoli
    Potato, carrot an green bean salad

Snack
    Banana

Dinner will be:
    sauted tofu
    Mango salad
    Sauted kale/spinach/lima beans
    watermelon

2 liters of water
    1 hour BodyPump
    1h 15 min tennis singles

Can't wait to get rid of 15 pounds! So far in 1 month, I only lost 4 pounds. My clothes fit as though I lost more though.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Today was skipping meals day, even though I always skipped breakfast, I always had lunch. But I was out and I really dislike eating out.

Afternoon: Mom's sour cherry compote, she just had to shove me some.

Evening: Half a liter of kefir, red beans with olive oil with a slice of whole wheat bread.

Night: A big chunk of chicken breast tossed into boiling water, my favorite, yes I'm lazy when I'm cooking only for myself. Some lor cheese and two cups of milk.

1293 cal. Carbs (193g), Fat (33g), Protein (121g)
  • CoderGal
    Options
    xarge I've never heard it called compote before, you learn something new every day! I also had to look up kefir, does it taste any good? Also I had a lazy boiled chicken breast boiling friend before, he's crazy, really missing out on the tastiness factor :P
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    xarge I've never heard it called compote before, you learn something new every day! I also had to look up kefir, does it taste any good? Also I had a lazy boiled chicken breast boiling friend before, he's crazy, really missing out on the tastiness factor :P

Making a compote is like making a jam, add water to fruits and add sugar (or not) when the water starts boiling. Since it's cooked, it also lasts a long time without losing its taste.

Hmm kefir is like yogurt-water mix (ayran, not sure if you had it before), kefir takes more like carbonated water and yogurt though :p I like it and it's also very filling.

I'm great when I'm cooking for family or friends but when it's me I go.... pfff, I can eat it raw anyway. Tuna out of can, even better! :laugh:
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Making a compote is like making a jam, add water to fruits and add sugar (or not) when the water starts boiling. Since it's cooked, it also lasts a long time without losing its taste.

Hmm kefir is like yogurt-water mix (ayran, not sure if you had it before), kefir takes more like carbonated water and yogurt though :p I like it and it's also very filling.

I'm great when I'm cooking for family or friends but when it's me I go.... pfff, I can eat it raw anyway. Tuna out of can, even better! :laugh:
    Ahh I thought kefir was cheese, I was thinking it was more like the stuff I made by boiling whole milk with balsamic vinegar. Very mild. Carbonated water and yogurt...interesting!

Nope, never had ayran either. How is that stuff made? Looks pretty interesting. I've had mango yogurt drinks in indian restaurants, are they similar?