What do you think about when you are exercising??!!

Options

Replies

• jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think about quitting the workout early, EVERYTIME!! And then I think, nahh, I'll never get hot if I don't keep going. lol :smile:
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think about making the goal I have set for that day...how many miles I want to run, what pace I want to maintain, keeping my heart rate in a particular zone. I think about losing inches from my belly and how working out will make that happen. Or, I just zone out...enjoy the music I'm listening to and enjoy the time to myself.
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i think about what is bugging me or stressing me out then work out and sweat until i cant remember what it was i was bothered by!!
  • ArkansasHoney
    Options
    breathing and posture

&

when negative thoughts come: "just breathe...get back into the zone...you can do this!"

~Honey
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    How far I want to run, my form, then on longer runs I get the dumb, and start run dreaming where I dissociate into weird funny thoughts. Then I'm glad its over.
  • errinstevens
    errinstevens Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My most consistent form of exercise is a walk/run; specifically, I run three miles and walk two, one right after the other.

I've been doing it for two years, still run an 11 minute mile and watch pretty much everyone pass me by, and I don't really want to run further. If I start down that path, the one of, "bigger/better/smarter/faster," I will self destruct and give up running - one of my many mental illnesses, I assure you!

Anyway, so, like I said, I run, and it is (don't laugh) like church for me. I listen to my breathing and heartbeat, I think about things I'm worried about or things I want or need to do. I mostly daydream - even on the hills! - and before I know it, a half hour is up and I'm done with my run. I walk home in this hazy kind of high and feel proud of myself for getting my short, slow run in!
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    When I am kickboxing I like to imagine that I am hitting the 2 boys that tortured me in 7th grade about my weight (in retrospect I wasn't even overweight, just awkward and going through puberty). They are one of the reasons I had an eating disorder, and so it feels good to give them a roundhouse.
  • MichelleL2016
    MichelleL2016 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It sucks now, but it will pay off in the end
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    It depends what I'm doing... If I'm just walking with my dog, I think about everything from what I'm going to eat that night, what I'm going to wear, thinking how my dog could speed up or slow down a bit, how Monday is going to go, what I'm going to do the rest of the day...it could vary. If I'm doing the 30 DS, I'm usually talking to myself and telling myself to push it, go hard and don't quit. That's about it.
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When Im in a comfortable run, Im thinking about all sorts of things. When Im weight lifting, I am thinking mostly about reps, weights, am I doing enough, what my muscles look like. When Im doing something difficult, like Insanity, or if Im having a bad running day...Im thinking about when it will be over! lol And how much Im sweatting (I like to sweat- only when Im working out!-, so the more I sweat, the more awesome I feel...) and it helps me push through.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Nothing usually. I watch movies. Okay, so then maybe I am thinking how hot Russell Crowe is in Gladiator at least today I was.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercise! If I'm dancing then I'm concentrating on the beat, on following my DH's lead (freestyle rock and roll). If it's cycling on my own then it's staying safe and maintaining my cadence, if in a bunch ride then on riding safely with the bunch plus chatting with fellow riders. Swimming - listening to my music on underwater MP3 player, and if I'm walking then it's usually with DH so it's talk time.
  • krissyd100
    krissyd100 Posts: 11
    Options
    At this starting point, just how my body is feeling...how far I can push it!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    lots of things but the main thought is concentrating on trying to get just 1 more rep than my last work out.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The lyrics to the song I'm listening to. Or what I'm reading (I multitask and bring homework to the gym with me for when I'm on the bike or eliptical) Or how great my butts gonna look in not-plus-size jeans.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think about how much longer I have to work out and whether or not I will die if I have to be at the gym much longer:laugh:
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    omg is it over yet :-)

actually mostly day to day mundane stuff. House renos, banking, upcoming events blah blah blah. Pretty boring. Unless I'm doing something that's really pushing me then I think about people on here and friends who have succeeded and are inspiring.
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I find the person I think is working out the hardest and I try to outwork them..it automatically becomes a matter of pride. They might not know it but they become my reason for pushing myself a little harder.
  • amateurdude
    amateurdude Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Socio Economic Trends
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Usually nothing....once my earbuds go in and the music goes on, my mind just goes blank. I love it!!