Vowing not to excercise

Options
12346»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's all about your goals - if your main goal at this stage is healthy eating, then working on that is a great idea.

Exercise is important to stay healthy in the long term though, so make sure you stay active - it sounds like you walk a lot anyway, so that's fine, you are exercising when you do that. You don't HAVE to go to the gym or run 10 miles to "exercise".
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You might look into getting a Fitbit, a sort of high tech pedometer. They run about $100...the best $100 I've spent in a long time. Fitbit will track all your activities throughout the day and you might be pleasantly surprised to see how it does all add up. Plus, then you can set a goal, if you wish, to take more steps than you did yesterday (or last week).

Having a Fitbit has definitely helped me achieve my weight loss goal. It's pretty addictive!

Agreed! I love having a fitbit also. It syncs with MFP automatically so it enhances the calorie logging you are already doing on MFP. Well worth the $99 investment. It also helps you set your calorie goals. You can see how much you are burning daily and eat accordingly instead of guessing what your TDEE might be.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I should have made myself clearer. I'm not opposed to exercise. I'm just not focusing on a regimen right now.

I will continue to exercise.

THE KEY IS, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking it's going to save me from all the calories I've eaten.

Well good then. But this is quite different from the title of your post "vowing not to exercise".
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Like I said, it's hard to implement a new diet and a new exercise routine all at once.

Any changes are often difficult at first but thats nothing new, thats part of life. I know plenty of people who were successful at doing both - many of which are my patients.

If you want it bad enough, the drive alone will motivate anyone to want to grab the bull by the horns...