Sad day for America

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Is she the one whose mother feeds her a mixture of Mountain Dew, Red Bull and sugar- called something like go-go-juice to get her amped up?

YUP :frown:

Well, good. Cracked out toddlers dressed as prostitutes fit nicely in TLC's programming lineup of Strange Sex, Virgin Diaries, American Gypsies, Hoarders, and crazy obsessions. I remember when TLC just did makeovers and home shows! **smh**

The only reason I saw the preview for honey boo boo child is because I was watching Horders. I'm sorry, but that is a fascination that I cant escape.

I love Hoarders! It makes me want to go clean something! It really is serious motivation for keeping up with the housework.!

There was a great one today where the lady basically horded herself out of her own house and had to move to an apartment, then when she went back to the house after a few weeks she said someone must have broke into the house and threw all of her *kitten* around her house because she said it wasnt that bad when she left. lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    I hope part of the contract is to siphon some of the money the show earns into a fund for the intensive therapy she'll need as an adult.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    thank gods for hoarders on hulu!
    http://www.hulu.com/search?query=hoarders&st=0&fs=
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    haha I love American Rality Tv best thing ever...Love and Hip Hop ATL too awesome haha

It's like someone thought to themself "Maury and Jerry isn't enough, how can we make my country look worse?" haha

another man's embarrassment is another mans entertainment!
    ~Shea
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    haha I thought this was going to be about Phelps!

That being said I personally enjoy what not to wear on TLC! lol however that girls mom mad me sick to my stomach. I will not support those shows and agree with Lorina.. I actually hope ALL of the money is put towards a trust for her to only use for therapy and for medical bills if her mom keeps feeding her all of that crap!
  • Not a show I would watch but not something that angers me. They're just different people. We ALL are different. I can't imagine feeling so angry over it.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    haha I love American Rality Tv best thing ever...Love and Hip Hop ATL too awesome haha

It's like someone thought to themself "Maury and Jerry isn't enough, how can we make my country look worse?" haha

another man's embarrassment is another mans entertainment!
    ~Shea

THIS
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Not a show I would watch but not something that angers me. They're just different people. We ALL are different. I can't imagine feeling so angry over it.

Different doesnt make it right.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    If people didn't watch it, they wouldn't show it.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    7cc.jpg

Yeah the mom looks like a great role model.....Just her face in this picture... Then reading about the go-go juice.. are you kidding me!!?! Doesn't anger me, but I think it's not a great way to bring up a child. Just my 2 cents.
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    I live near Lizard Lick Towing. My in-laws live about a mile away from there. When I heard they were getting a show, I just wanted to hurl. Those people are some of the biggest *kitten* on the planet - and have been since long, long before getting a show.

Last year I was at a local farmers' market, and the mother of one those guys was there, bragging about her son. I just said, "Oh, I haven't seen it." It was all I could do not to give her a verbal smackdown for producing such a waste of oxygen.

But that's just my opinon. :bigsmile:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    All these exploited children with parents grasping for their 15 minutes of fame. There is no reality TV worth watching. No wonder our children say they want to grow up and be famous. Famous at what you may ask? Why, just famous! Ridiculous!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    That's so funny, i just saw the commercial for it too. I can't wait :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    All these exploited children with parents grasping for their 15 minutes of fame. There is no reality TV worth watching. No wonder our children say they want to grow up and be famous. Famous at what you may ask? Why, just famous! Ridiculous!

Don't blame reality tv, blame Andy Warhol.
  • kdawn130
    kdawn130 Posts: 18
    Two words - Kim Kardashian
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Shows like this unfortunately become popular because they are mind numbing and require no thought process.

Thank God for BBC America, History Channel, H2, and NatGeo.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    It's ok, over here we have My Big Fat Gypsie Wedding so don't feel like the US is all alone with the **** reality TV :p

Luckily, TLC network also airs this gem!

Sarcasm? I wanted to throw things at the TV when we watched the premiere of that show.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Two words - Kim Kardashian

She's famous for a couple other reasons then reality tv. Helps her dad was once considered the top athlete in the world.

Then it doesn't hurt that she's smoking hot.

kim-kardashian-hair.jpg
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    I haven't watched anything on TLC in years. wasn't that The Learning Channel back in the day?
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    I've never really liked reality t.v. We watched season 1 of American Idol and Survivor and had enough. lol We have basic cable and I'm not sad at all we don't have that channel. I've seen youtube videos of that girl and her mom. I can't decide if her mom is acting or is really that trashy. :ohwell: