Sad day for America

Options

Replies

• LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    It's child abuse. That child is obese and her mother just keeps feeding her sugar. She's going to wind up diabetic. How is this any different from someone, say, exposing purposefully their child to radiation? Eventually they'll get cancer. It's absolutely just as bad. So sick. Not to mention the lack of brain... but that's another story.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Two words - Kim Kardashian

She's famous for a couple other reasons then reality tv. Helps her dad was once considered the top athlete in the world.

Then it doesn't hurt that she's smoking hot.

kim-kardashian-hair.jpg

Wasn't her dad OJ's lawyer?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Sad thing is, I have heard of other kids who are fed these kinds of things on a day to day basis and then people wonder why these poor kids are zombies just cause the adults around them do not want to deal with them. Sickening. :sick:

I do not watch these types of shows.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Guess it's making money so we don't get to call that child-abuse:sick:

It's all about perception...Jon from Jon and Kate Plus 8 was all fine and dandy with his kids being on TV while he was in the show, but as soon as they got divorced and he moved out he had production stopped because of "child labor laws" or some horse crap like that.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options

She's famous for a couple other reasons then reality tv. Helps her dad was once considered the top athlete in the world.

kim-kardashian-hair.jpg

Yeah, she's famous for being whizzed on on video by RayJ.
  • marvelscale
    marvelscale Posts: 135
    Options
    I don't really watch much TV anymore. And my family wonders why :laugh:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I watch TLC less and less because they air dreck like this. I don't understand anyone watching it, at all. Ill find better ways to kill brain cells...that's for sure.
  • tlblood
    Options

kim-kardashian-hair.jpg

Yes, yes he was.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    7cc.jpg

Yeah the mom looks like a great role model.....Just her face in this picture... Then reading about the go-go juice.. are you kidding me!!?! Doesn't anger me, but I think it's not a great way to bring up a child. Just my 2 cents.

What expression is the child pulling?

Why is she flciking the Vs ?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

kim-kardashian-hair.jpg

Yes. He thinks her father is Bruce Jenner. Duh!
  • tlblood
    Options
    I haven't watched anything on TLC in years. wasn't that The Learning Channel back in the day?

Just like how MTV used to be Music Television.
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    7cc.jpg

Yeah the mom looks like a great role model.....Just her face in this picture... Then reading about the go-go juice.. are you kidding me!!?! Doesn't anger me, but I think it's not a great way to bring up a child. Just my 2 cents.

Oh gross. THIS is attractive??! All I can think is 1) Idiocracy, and 2) Wall-E.
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    TRUE..BUT..... you do also have some EPIC tv shows. Seriously!

In the UK, it's all about talent shows and quiz shows. We barely ever get epic tv series like you guys do.

Our tv here is just....terrible. So, so terrible and trashy.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    It's ok, over here we have My Big Fat Gypsie Wedding so don't feel like the US is all alone with the **** reality TV :p

we have our version of that here too. That show is mesmerizing. i had no idea we had gypsies like that here. and as harsh and different as they seem i can respect their love of family.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Is she the one whose mother feeds her a mixture of Mountain Dew, Red Bull and sugar- called something like go-go-juice to get her amped up?

YUP :frown:

Well, good. Cracked out toddlers dressed as prostitutes fit nicely in TLC's programming lineup of Strange Sex, Virgin Diaries, American Gypsies, Hoarders, and crazy obsessions. I remember when TLC just did makeovers and home shows! **smh**

The only reason I saw the preview for honey boo boo child is because I was watching Horders. I'm sorry, but that is a fascination that I cant escape.

I love Hoarders! It makes me want to go clean something! It really is serious motivation for keeping up with the housework.!

I'm cleaning out my closet as we speak! LOL
  • Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    And people wonder why, I stopped watching tv... Books offer so much more, and no commercials
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    agreed..some of these shows are just over the top and ridiculous...can't say I've watched them but I think I have better thing to do :laugh:
  • Isileo
    Isileo Posts: 13 Member
    Options

The only reason I saw the preview for honey boo boo child is because I was watching Horders. I'm sorry, but that is a fascination that I cant escape.

It's like watching a train wreck. It just amazes me that people can live like that and then they let them show the whole world how completely nasty they are.
  • clairetwoboys
    clairetwoboys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We get a lot of your reality TV shows broadcast here in the UK ('Toddlers and Tiaras' - about the children who are dressed up like little woman for pageants are a particular fave! - we don't have pageants here) I honeslty don't think that as a nation you need to be embarrassed about it - no one thinks that 'all Americans are into this', everyone gets that it's just TV, and that these are the oddballs that are interesting to watch.

I love your reality shows - and am embarrassed on the part of the UK that you unfortunate people now get the odious
    Jeremy Kyle, who I see has been imported to the US now - please keep him!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    There are TOO many networks with too few shows. I swear some of those networks just show cheap reality junk and then their parent companies use them as a write off.