Looking for a new Audiobook for long runs!

Options
1235»

Replies

• 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Tami Hoag's Oak Knoll series is really good!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Tami Hoag's Oak Knoll series is really good!!

Ohhh, I like them too!

Tami Hoag has written a couple sinkers, but Ashes to Ashes is fabulously creepy, I've read it a couple times. The sequel, Dust to dust is decent, but not quite as great.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love audiobooks. If you've never listened to The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins, you are missing out. I also love all The Cat Who books by Lilian Jackson Braun (they are cozy mysteries)--the reader is really great. I love all the Inspector Lynley books by Elizabeth George and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Even though I have lost interest in most Stephen King books, Needful Things, Gerald's Game, Dolores Claiborne, The Green Mile, & the Dark Tower books are all really excellent listening.
  • gonnasee33
    gonnasee33 Posts: 163
    Options
    And don't forget about podcasts too. They are great to listen to while running.

Do you have any suggestions? I listen to a couple different ones, but mostly science nerd stuff that is better suited for sitting at my desk.
    The leviathan chronicles (into it's second season after literally an eternity ) excellent acting and production quality
    We're alive (into it's 4th season)
    Radio drama revival
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I am on book 4 of Game of Thrones. The narrator is excellent. The books are like 30+ hours long.
  • erwilson08
    Options
    I recommend 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn - very easy on the ears and time will fly by for you.....
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I've read some of the short stories from the Dresden files - they are good.

Molly Harper does have some funny stories. The naked werewolf series is the funniest in my opinion from her. A while back through audible Molly Harper made I'm dreaming of an Undead Christmas free as well as Undead Sublet - you might still be able to get it and try out her style. They were short, around 4 hours each.

TOTALLY second the vote for the Charley Davidson series beginning with First Grave on the Right. So so funny. I burst out laughing more than a few times reading that series. If you like her than you might also like Kresley Cole and Shelley Laurenston.

For any fans of Evanovich who wouldn't mind a more nerdy heroine - Penny Reid's Neanderthal Seeks Human is funny. She's an up and coming author and I think she has a lot of promise.

I know you said you were more mystery/fiction. Ken Follett is good. His stories have great narration, I believe they are (all?) historical and he has some fun spy stories in there.

One of my favorite mysteries is actually by a romance author but don't let that throw you - Ransom by Julie Garwood. Starts off with a great line - Bad things happen in the middle of the night.
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Never listened to audiobooks so I can't refer you to any. I listen to music when I'm working out; from bluegrass to southern gospel and just about everything in between. I'm afraid that a slow reading voice would just get me to walk rather than run - lol