Anyone start out @ 300lbs. or more?

Options

Replies

• TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yes I did, highest weight 380 size 30 dress lost 257 pounds. size 12
    Size 10 shoes to a size 8 shoes . Believe in something YOU !
    And focus on eating right, some days be good to yourself and reward yourself . Exercise , drink your water , PRAY you stay focus .
    Remember you didn't put the weight on overnight will not lose overnight . But you can and you will succeed at this .
    Judith
  • sunflowerfaith
    Options
    I started out @ 301 and as of a few days ago, was 197. I still have around 40 to go or so....but it's an excellent start :)

you can do it!

Woah, that's awesome! How long did it take you?
  • Elizabeth38NC
    Options
    Yes... getting under that "3" seemed to be the hardest and take forever, but once you do... it's the best motivation ever. I could have jumped to the moon! I promised myself on my birthday that I never wanted to see that "3" again... :) You can do it! Lots of support on this site. Add me if you like :)
  • tamlynne32
    Options
    Hey all! I was 310 when I joined MFP I am currently 288 and struggling to stay on track! Could use all the support I can get so please feel free to add me!! We can support each other!!
  • FitTonic
    Options
    I joined weight watchers years ago, and lost over a hundred pounds, also lost a lot of hair, got scared when my hair was falling out in clumps so I quit weight watchers and watched the weight come back plus added more on top of it. I got down to about 180 lbs at weight watchers.

My weigh scales only went up to 350 lbs, I am pretty sure at my worst I was probably around 370 lbs.

Then I started having health issues from the weight, I decided I had to start losing the weight, even if it was only 1 lb a month. Got down to 321 lbs making lifestyle changes. Then I was diagnosed with breast cancer this past year and felt my mortality. My daughter showed me this site, as she was on it as well. Happy to report, she is no way near as bad as her mother, she is beautiful and fit but works at keeping fit.

So I joined MFP 58 days ago, at 321 lbs. Have made a committment to weight in every 30 days, My first 30 day weigh in I had lost 9 lbs. Every day is a struggle but I keep the vision of me at 150 lbs up front and centre. I feel her inside me just dying to break out.

Would love to make some friends in here, please feel free to add me and say hi. Its been a lonely 58 days.
  • Bretd75
    Bretd75 Posts: 8
    Options
    I started at 360 at my heaviest I have been chipping away at it this whole year but have lost the same 10 to 15 pounds about 5 different times. came back to MFP last week after being gone from it a couple of years and weighed in at 340 this morning I want to be under 300 by the end of this year and my goal weight is around 270 depending on how I feel then.
  • cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started at 332 about 3.5 months ago and as of today I'm at 294.6! :smile:
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    close my start weight 270 at 5 even
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Started at 300.1lbs. Never, ever again seeing that number.
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    I started at 312 and at last weigh in hit 293....Being 49 and 6'. Just watching what I eat and doing some regular exercise has gotten me here so far. I eventually want to step it up though and get some strength training in along with the cardio.
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too..... anyone can feel free to add me..... We all need the support! :drinker:
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Anyone start out @ 300lbs. or more?

Actually, I started at about 275. But I worked really hard and got my bench press well up into the 300's.
  • julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I weighed 315lbs and I knew I was going to die if I carried on the way I was going. 12 months on and I am 102lbs lighter thank God. One day at a time.
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • damizhectik
    Options
    im starting at 314 now :)
  • jstar913
    Options
    I started at 390 in june of '09 now down to 240
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I actually started at 457 lbs and am still in the 300's but getting there. Down 89 lbs.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yup. A lot of people think it takes willpower, pills, diet centers, surgery...but regardless of the tools you decide to use to help you lose the excess weight, what will REALLY make you successful is the decision. I firmly believe the only reason I have had any success this time around is that from the very beginning I told myself, you know what, I'm sick of feeling & looking this way & I'm DONE. That's it. I don't care what I have to do or how hard it is & I have no idea if it will even work, but it's gotta be better than my life staying the same.

I had to educate myself on nutrition & fitness & be patient with the process, because it is not a fast one for the morbidly obese. You'll be tested on many different levels. But the rewards are greater than you can imagine right now; you will grow emotionally & discover things about yourself that you didn't realize had changed.

If you make that decision that you are going to lose this weight, then all of your choices will be shaped by those decisions. Eventually those healthier choices will become so natural you won't even really think about them, & that's when they become lifestyle changes.

It's not going to be easy, but it wouldn't be as rewarding if it were. There are hundres of wonderful members on this site that can offer you support when you need it, just know that the motivation has to come from YOU.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I started at 315. As of this morning I am 232. I still have a long ways to go, but I am getting there.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started at 412 two years ago. Now I'm at 289. I'm half way to the goal that I want to be at!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!