200-250# women starting out on mfp...

Options

Replies

• andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    I'm 5' 3 1/2" (Formerly 5'4 1/2"). I started out at just under 243 pounds on May 8th and since then I've logged everything I have eaten and my exercise. I've lost a total of 44 pounds as of last Saturday. I think the fact that I am drinking lots of water and watching my sodium closely has helped immensely. I'm not sure what my goal weight is, I have 125 down, but my family thinks that will be too small. I'm aiming for a size 8 in clothing. (haven't been there since Junior High). Another goal is to get my waist small enough so that pants that fit my waist are not totally baggy in the hips and thighs.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I started MFP at 276. My first goal weight is 200, then I'm going to see how it goes. The last 20lbs have been a struggle due to family stress. But, it's getting better.

I mostly try to monitor my food (I was food only until I'd lost 30lbs). I try to get exercise in, but it's been hard because of medical appointments. I walk, I use Just Dance for the Wii and I was trying to get into running (sciatica injury sideline - trying to pick back up and I'm finding my legs are like lead).

I stopped soda and coffee for 14 days straight - then added back in coffee but with limited calories. I have a soda occasionally, but when I do I try for like a Coke Zero or a Dr. Pepper 10. Mostly water and unsweet tea. I love MiO for drinking more water.

I still eat what I want, just in moderation. That maybe what's slowing me down - my husband's not doing this with me, so I can't radically change his diet, just mine. So I reduce my portions and eat what I love.
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 243. Currently down to 219 and change. My goal right now is 160, though I may re-evaluate once I get closer :)
  • ElleyPT
    ElleyPT Posts: 5
    Options
    That's fantastic Allie! Way to go. Good luck with those last few pounds.
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started out as 248 pounds on MFP( I was 251 pounds a week before joining MFP) .So far I have lost 6 pounds since joining this site.My original goal weight was 148 pounds,I recently changed it to 168 pounds because that sounded more realistic for me,and I would be WAY too skinny if I was my original goal weight.I just want to be both confident and healthy,and that's what really matters to me.So far,I've cut down on food portions,and MFP is so easy to track calories I eat.I absolutely LOVE this site 100%,and I don't know what I would do without it.So far I am on the right track,and I thank MFP:happy:
  • lshaunessy
    lshaunessy Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and started out 4 weeks ago at 217. I'm now 209, and as for exercise, I walk a lot for my job, and I take the stairs whenever possible. I know I will need to do more soon, but for now what I'm doing seems to be working. My goal is 130 - 135 lbs.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"ish and started out at 201. I'm down to 169 now. I'm probably aiming in the 120-130 range because I have a small frame, but I'll only know when I get closer to my goal. I've just started hooping and am currently transitioning from running on the treadmill (which is incredibly easy) to running outside (which is way harder than I ever thought it would be).
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 16 and I started it out at 201, I'm 191 now. ;)
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    Hi everyone!! It is so nice to read about everyone's successes and goals. This is definitely the place to do it. I'm 36, 5'4" and currently at 223 (highest weight was 291). My goal is the 150 range, but honestly not putting a number in my head. I just want to feel fit, strong and healthy. My biggest goal is just to be able to run and not need a respirator after doing so. Please feel free to add me!! My exercise and food diaries are both open and I'd love to be able to see what everyone else is doing and eating as well. Good luck to everyone here and stay strong. We can all do this!!
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and started at 210 pounds. I started on WW, but switched over to MFP over a year ago.

My goal weight is 130, I'm at 142 now.

I lost the first 50 pounds through walking. Lots of walking. Eventually, I switched to C25K, which I loved...even though I always hated running, You can do this...you don't get bonus calories for harder exercise. Walking is fine.

good luck - feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and started here at 253, am now 222lb
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 225 pounds... I started at 269.

I take my goal weight down every 10 pounds, or I set small goals per date. I want to lose 5 pounds by August 11th, be 210 by Halloween, and 195 on December 31st (undoing seven years of bad in seven months!).

My ultimate goal weight is 130, but I'm not fixed on that number. My lowest remembered weight was 189 when I was 16, so I may be super happy at 150 or something, but 130 is healthy BMI for me, and I'd like to at least try.
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4 and am 19. I started this 2 weeks ago and weighed 221. After my first week weigh in I lost 5.4 pounds and will be doing my second week weigh in tomorrow! My goal is 145 for now but my healthy weight is between 111-125.
  • mojosister
    mojosister Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HI! I started at 260 at the beginning of April - I'm 5'3.5. I started by walking a lot and using the elliptical. I've moved on to weights and I'm on week 3 of C25K. I still walk a lot and use the elliptical and treadmill. I'm now down to 221.8.

Feel free to add me!
  • carolyn1257
    carolyn1257 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi' I'm 5'4 started out at 256 lbs in August of 2011 I am currently at 193. I walk any where from 1 to 4 miles four times a week and
    in Oct 2011 took up jogging 1 to 3 miles 3 times a week, depending on my schedule. I thought I would never get to under 200lbs,
    but I did it and it felt so good. My goal is 150 -160lbs.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and started here at 226 (June 27th) and I am down 18lbs so far. My goal is to lose 100lbs. Feel free to add me to your friend list. I am very active on here and I log every day.
  • thoeting
    thoeting Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I started at 258. Lost 75 pounds so far, with 25 to go.

It's hard, I'm not going to lie, every day is hard, but the rewards health wise and in adding to your longevity are worth the effort.

Remember every good day and try to forget the bad ones.

good luck!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5' and was 237 a week or so ago (I'm not doing weekly weigh-ins this time -- I think that was part of what got me so discouraged last time!). I joined MFP at 238 a couple of years ago and lost 40ish pounds before getting discouraged, taking a break, and gaining it all back. :(

I'm not exercising right now (trying to get logging food and healthy food choices down first!), but before did mostly walking and some cardio boxing on Wii. I also like Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pound DVDs. Those are probably what I'll start off with!

My goal weight is 130, which is a healthy BMI, but I'll probably adjust it when I get close to there. Right now I just want to get under 200 again, and work on eating cleaner to help out with some health issues.
  • PandaDreamerGurl
    Options
    Hello. I'm about 5'5" and started at around 223. I've been working with the MFP for about 2 1/2-3 weeks now and I'm done about 7.8lbs as of today. I haven't picked up any fancy exercises yet. Just mainly the elliptical for a little bit each day. I've been working on getting used to eating different, which is going good so far.

By the end of the year I should hit my first goal (the weight I was before I met my husband), which is around 180. By my husband's birthday next year (February) I hope to be at or pretty close to my final goal weight of 140-150lbs.
  • chassitynichole12
    Options
    well im 19 years old . I'm severely overweight. 330lbs to be exact.. i really want to loose weight and get fit. i know it's not going to happen overnight but i know i can do it. my goal weight might seem out of reach but i know that if i stick to this i can do it ! i'm looking for some help with tips and stuff. also with motivation. thanks . when i read about how much weigh you guys have lost it just inspires me to do what i know i can do . thank you all for sharing your stories and you may not know it, but your helping me also. thanks hope to hear from some of you !

- Chassity,

Starting Date : Wednesday August 1, 2012
    Starting Weight : 330lbs
    Height: 5'8

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT: 150