ACE weight loss

Options

Replies

• anedley
    Options
    I tried the Sensa waste of money, anyone can lose weight with proper eating and exercise without that stuff (my opinion now)
  • phukientot
    Options
    Are they safe for dieters?
    Have you ever used ACE diet pills? If yes, how do you feel after using them for a certain time? Do they give you what you expect? Is it worth taking them? Let’s find out the answer for these questions.

http://wikidisease.org/ace-diet-pills/ :love: :love:
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I used to own a GNC store. I have looked at EVERY label there is. This is another quick fix that is all in your head!!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I did some very quick research on the ingredients, not for me as many of them cause digestive upset, headaches, and can affect your brain chemistry. People need to be careful with "natural ingredients", especially those that are not regulated. Oh, and I've lost 45lbs in 7mos with a reasonable deficit and exercise, AND my diary is open to the public. I always have the energy to workout, I'm guessing because I eat enough to fuel my body.

I also pulled this off a distributor's website: "If you need help sticking to a low calorie diet while still having energy to work and exercise, ACE is your solution"

I apologize for the sarcasm.
  • Jenna299
    Options
    I just got 14 pills to try ACE....how often do you take it? There weren't any instructions :-(
    Thx!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I just got 14 pills to try ACE....how often do you take it? There weren't any instructions :-(
    Thx!

I suggest you just find a sustainable moderate calorie deficit and throw the pills down the toilet. To a new year! I'll even bring a party hat. You dont need them
  • Jenna299
    Options
    I suggest you just find a sustainable moderate calorie deficit and throw the pills down the toilet. To a new year! I'll even bring a party hat. You dont need them

Thanks for your input. Did not really answer my question... ok not at all, but thanks the same. Everyone has a different opinion on supplements and that is ok. My Dr. prescribed me Adipex and B12 shots, I did both for a month and saw zero change on the scale but did see some inches lost. I have changed my eating habits and I go to the gym faithfully 7 days a week. I do cardio 45 min a day in addition to some weights. I eat 1200 calories a day and I have lost 5 lbs since coming off Adipex. The ACE may not work as they do for others, but I am willing to try it for the added energy, I am not looking for a miracle pill. So again, thanks for your input and opinion.

Also, thank you to those who sent me personal replies with valuable information.

Happy New Year to all and I wish you all the best success for a happy and healthy 2014!!! However you chose to get there!
  • nkdt
    nkdt Posts: 1
    Options
    Been on ACE for 2 days, a slight dull headache also so tired, been drinking lots of water, does this headache eventually go away?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Thanks for your input. Did not really answer my question... ok not at all, but thanks the same. Everyone has a different opinion on supplements and that is ok. My Dr. prescribed me Adipex and B12 shots, I did both for a month and saw zero change on the scale but did see some inches lost. I have changed my eating habits and I go to the gym faithfully 7 days a week. I do cardio 45 min a day in addition to some weights. I eat 1200 calories a day and I have lost 5 lbs since coming off Adipex. The ACE may not work as they do for others, but I am willing to try it for the added energy, I am not looking for a miracle pill. So again, thanks for your input and opinion.

Also, thank you to those who sent me personal replies with valuable information.

Happy New Year to all and I wish you all the best success for a happy and healthy 2014!!! However you chose to get there!

May I ask why such a low calorie diet? You are really active and unless you have some medical issue that effects your metabolic rate, there is no reason to eat that low. Which it could be the reason why you have low energy. What has seem to be the biggest winning formula on this board is setting a moderate deficit, do a combination or weight training and cardio, and get a food scale. As a point of reference the majority of women I know on this board eat 1700 to 2100 calories.

If you want more let me know or post your height weight and age and we can provide more feedback? I would ask if your doctor specializes in nutrition? If not there is a good chance (s)he is using old methods.
  • Jenna299
    Options

May I ask why such a low calorie diet? You are really active and unless you have some medical issue that effects your metabolic rate, there is no reason to eat that low. Which it could be the reason why you have low energy. What has seem to be the biggest winning formula on this board is setting a moderate deficit, do a combination or weight training and cardio, and get a food scale. As a point of reference the majority of women I know on this board eat 1700 to 2100 calories.

If you want more let me know or post your height weight and age and we can provide more feedback? I would ask if your doctor specializes in nutrition? If not there is a good chance (s)he is using old methods.

I am on a 1200 calorie diet per my doctors advice. I do not get much active time during the day. My only active time really is when I get off work and hit the gym. I am tied to a desk most days. When I started I was on 1400 and did not see much change so we adjusted to 1200. I am 40 (till Friday) and started out at 299.3 lbs at 5'8". I am now at 277. I was always active until I broke my back in 1992 and then I became less and less active and gained, gained and gained more weight.

In October I suffered a miscarriage and am just now able to start pushing myself at the gym. 1200 really works for me for the most part, I feel full and other than "bad" food cravings like pasta and cheese... I really don't feel like I'm lacking anything. He has said that as I drop and become more active/able to do things, we can increase my calorie intake. There are days that I am just under 1200 and days I am closer to 1400. I am not starving by any means. I have cut back to 1 cup of coffee a day from .... 2 pots! So my energy is lowered.

I quit taking the ACE, as they make me significantly nauseated. But I do think they work for some much easier than they did for me or others. One a day may be a solution but 2 was too many for me.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet per my doctors advice. I do not get much active time during the day. My only active time really is when I get off work and hit the gym. I am tied to a desk most days. When I started I was on 1400 and did not see much change so we adjusted to 1200. I am 40 (till Friday) and started out at 299.3 lbs at 5'8". I am now at 277. I was always active until I broke my back in 1992 and then I became less and less active and gained, gained and gained more weight.

In October I suffered a miscarriage and am just now able to start pushing myself at the gym. 1200 really works for me for the most part, I feel full and other than "bad" food cravings like pasta and cheese... I really don't feel like I'm lacking anything. He has said that as I drop and become more active/able to do things, we can increase my calorie intake. There are days that I am just under 1200 and days I am closer to 1400. I am not starving by any means. I have cut back to 1 cup of coffee a day from .... 2 pots! So my energy is lowered.

I quit taking the ACE, as they make me significantly nauseated. But I do think they work for some much easier than they did for me or others. One a day may be a solution but 2 was too many for me.

First, I am sorry for your loss. My wife and I had a miscarriage as well in October, so I know the pain. Do you use a food scale to log your food? Also, how much are you losing at 1200 calories a day?
  • Jenna299
    Options
    Thank you and I too am sorry for your loss, it is a rough pill to swallow.

It varies from 1 to 2 pounds a week. When I was on the B12 shots and Adipex I lost NOTHING. lol... I started this trek on November 18... I am 50 days in and have lost 22 lbs. Now most of it, the first 12 were in the first week and a half. Then it stopped. Once I was able to kick up the cardio and gain control of my food, it has leveled out to 1 or 2 a week. Sometimes it waits 2 weeks to show then BAM 4 lbs. I am not using a scale, but I am measuring. I will be getting a scale soon.

My breakfast is mostly shake (UnJury) or other smoothie and then lunch I was having straight lean cuisine meals, I am now on Salad and tuna with an afternoon snack of popcorn or protein bar... Dinner is normally fish/chicken and a ton of veggies... im addicted lol
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thank you and I too am sorry for your loss, it is a rough pill to swallow.

It varies from 1 to 2 pounds a week. When I was on the B12 shots and Adipex I lost NOTHING. lol... I started this trek on November 18... I am 50 days in and have lost 22 lbs. Now most of it, the first 12 were in the first week and a half. Then it stopped. Once I was able to kick up the cardio and gain control of my food, it has leveled out to 1 or 2 a week. Sometimes it waits 2 weeks to show then BAM 4 lbs. I am not using a scale, but I am measuring. I will be getting a scale soon.

My breakfast is mostly shake (UnJury) or other smoothie and then lunch I was having straight lean cuisine meals, I am now on Salad and tuna with an afternoon snack of popcorn or protein bar... Dinner is normally fish/chicken and a ton of veggies... im addicted lol

i would highly recommend a scale because even with cups/spoons, it's very easy to mismeasure... especially meat portions. Lets assume that you average 1.5 lbs per week (about what you are saying, to not include the first few weeks due to water loss being a large part of that), it would be impossible to NOT lose at 1400. 1.5 lbs per week = 750 deficit per day (or a 5250 deficit per week). This would mean your total daily energy expended would equal 1200 + 750 = 1950 <-- essentially, any calories under this number would make you lose weight. Anything over would make you gain fat. So if you weren't losing at 1400 calories, it was due to inaccurate logging or water retention that was masking fat loss (of medications you were on).

Right now, based your stats, it's not that big of an issue that you are eating that few calories, but as you approach a closer and more healthy weight range, it becomes increasingly important to eat enough calories to sustain your lean body mass. Even now, you should do some resistance training (body weight or weights) and eat between 120-150g of protein to aim muscle loss prevention.

If you want any more help, let me know.
  • Jenna299
    Options
    Agreed that calories will change as I do. I will look into a scale ASAP. Right now I have been buying individually frozen meats to be closer to measurement. That seems to help some. But I would cerainly like to improve accuracy. I also just got a HRM and in a few months will upgrade to one that has a band. Small steps.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Agreed that calories will change as I do. I will look into a scale ASAP. Right now I have been buying individually frozen meats to be closer to measurement. That seems to help some. But I would cerainly like to improve accuracy. I also just got a HRM and in a few months will upgrade to one that has a band. Small steps.

Personally, I would skip the hrm. I know a lot of people like them on this forum but its not really necessary. You already know that you burn on average 1950 calories on a given day. Essentially, you know the most critical number... your average tdee.
  • Jenna299
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice :) Was greatly appreciated! If I can find this post... Ill check back in a month or so... or feel free to add me :)

Jenna
  • azpisces82
    Options
    I have taken A.C.E. multiple times and it makes me crash really hard after 1-2 hours. Does this happen to anyone? If so what did you do to help with this side effect?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I have taken A.C.E. multiple times and it makes me crash really hard after 1-2 hours. Does this happen to anyone? If so what did you do to help with this side effect?

To solve the side effects, stop taking the pills.
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

To stop the crash effect and still take the pills, you need to 1) drink LOTS of water! 2) EAT!! I know they curve your appetite but make your self eat or you will feel the crash. 3) Limit all other sources of caffeine as that will also make you feel like poop and crash!
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The New formula of the A.C.E. did nothing for me like it did before they changed it. Now they have a new product out called "X-treme 5000" and I LOVE IT! It gives me the energy I need AND helps to curve my insatiable appetite. between the two, I've lost almost 30 lbs on it since June.
This discussion has been closed.