August Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for August's move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies...

Set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved to the thread as often as possible and then get moving starting Wednesday, August 1st.

Please do not post any July miles here..Dino will update our July spreadsheet when the month ends...Please add only August goals/miles to this thread.....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep Dino updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month....

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

Replies

• saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Woohoo it's here!! Thank you Denise & Dinos

Will post goal later once I've had a think about it :)
  • palmerb2
    palmerb2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i am adding more group classes into my workouts this month so I think I will lower my goal to 75 miles for this month.
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping it going, Denise and Dinos! :flowerforyou:

My goal for August is 70 miles again.

Ticker:

sgqWm4.png
  • SaraLynn85
    SaraLynn85 Posts: 23
    Options
    After completing the last 10 days of July I am back for August! Going to set my goal as 70 miles and hope for the best! We got a little stationary bike in the apartment so it should work out well! :ohwell:

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 again this month. Thanks Dinos and Denise. Welcome newbies and hello again to the returning *kitten* movers.
  • Mandie69
    Mandie69 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a newbie to this challenge. Can you tell how to create and add the new ticker so i can join in....

thanks
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hello. Thanks for keeping the challenge going. I am in for August and would like to set my goal at 70 miles this month since am doing Insanity and abs and core workout.
  • Mandie69
    Mandie69 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did it!!! i am also going to go for 70 miles

exercise.png
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I more than doubled my July goal of 50 miles, not knowing what to expect, since I have never had a sustained (sustained = longer than 5 days for me) exercise goal before. For August, I will set a goal of 100 miles on gym machines. I will be spending three days on the Mendocino Coast (NorCal) with The Bride, and three days at the Reno Rib Cookoff in August, so this will be more of a challenge for me.

Congratulations to all you *kitten* Movers who met your July goal.

exercise.png
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Count me in again please...150 (as usual). Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • cchme
    cchme Posts: 2
    Options
    I am a beginner but I think I will do 75 miles
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    I would like to join as well. Since this is my frist time I'm going to go with a goal of 50 miles.
  • dlavato
    dlavato Posts: 22
    Options
    This is my first time trying this I hope it works and that I push myself to get to 75 mimles :smile:

exercise.png
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    ~Count me in again this month, I'm upping my goal to 150 miles for August :)

Thanks Dinos & Denise........& good luck all :drinker: :smile:
  • melscrum
    melscrum Posts: 27
    Options
    New to the challenge and I will commit to 50 this month :)

exercise.png
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks Denise and Dino for this challenge, July was the first one for me and it was a great motivator!!

exercise.png
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :smile: Love this idea! I will try to figure out the Exercise Ticker
  • Bullly
    Bullly Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Would love to join in. Can you kindly let me know how I add the ticker?

Cheers

Karl
  • kirstiesharpe2209
    Options
    I'm so up for this, I need to move! 100 miles, and the 30 day shred. Just in time for my wedding in september!
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have been doing my own personal challenge of walking from Nashville to Dublin, Ireland in miles. I lost motivation since I was the only one doing it so love to be part of a group challenge.
    I am going to Dublin end of September so I really need to move my *kitten* so I am going for 150 miles this month.
    Good luck everyone :)

exercise.png