Ripped in 30 - Month of August - Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• crisdai
    crisdai Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know it is kind of late but I ll start it tomorrow.I just finished 30 days and I can t wait to see how this one is.
  • speedisoverrated
    Options
    Day 1 of week 2 done (day 7 in all) - bit of a jump from week 1, but much more fun. Challenging but that's the point!

Hope everyone else is enjoying it still :)
  • Jlan11
    Jlan11 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So is everyone taking one rest day or two? I'm starting week two monday and I'm trying to decide if I want to work out today. I am super sore. Yesterday, I could barely do modified push ups because my shoulders were burning. I did notice that I was able to keep up with cardio better. What does everyone think?
  • littlemissmo83
    littlemissmo83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hey guys, how is everyone doing with this? I'm going to be starting ripped in 30 and would love to hear how you are all getting on!?

Good Luck and get ripped :) x
  • andiehumphreys87
    andiehumphreys87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to start week two and I'd love some friends to help keep me in check - add away!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 6 of week one, it's shot day here in England for a change and I am dripping in sweat! Phew....,
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    So is everyone taking one rest day or two? I'm starting week two monday and I'm trying to decide if I want to work out today. I am super sore. Yesterday, I could barely do modified push ups because my shoulders were burning. I did notice that I was able to keep up with cardio better. What does everyone think?

No rest days for me. I am doing 30 day shred and the program is designed to be done 30 days in a row. 10 days level 1, 10 level 2 and 10 on level 3. I completed day 8 today.

Scarlet
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I started ripped on July 30 and just finished week2 !! Its tough!!
  • heatherhsimpson
    Options
    Hey all! Late to the group but i started around the same time. Im doing day 2 of week two today. Lost 4lbs last week doin this and 45min on my elliptical 4days a week. That plank cardio is ROUGH in this level!
  • speedisoverrated
    Options
    That plank cardio is ROUGH in this level!

This. x1000
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, great to see so many people joining the group. I'm afraid to say that I am out of action for the moment and had to go to hospital last night with major pain under my ribs. I can hardly move and they say it's muscular, but I don't think it is as it's an ongoing problem. Really hate having time off from it as was so determined to do the plan properly, but I will be back to it as soon as I can.

Those asking about rest days on Ripped, I would say yes, definitely one day at least. This is higher impact that 30 Day Shred and if Jillian recommends a day or 2 off then that's what we should do.

Anyway I'll still pop in while I'm getting better, and I'm sure reading all your posts will keep me motivated. Keep it up! :)
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    Hey everyone, great to see so many people joining the group. I'm afraid to say that I am out of action for the moment and had to go to hospital last night with major pain under my ribs. I can hardly move and they say it's muscular, but I don't think it is as it's an ongoing problem. Really hate having time off from it as was so determined to do the plan properly, but I will be back to it as soon as I can.

Those asking about rest days on Ripped, I would say yes, definitely one day at least. This is higher impact that 30 Day Shred and if Jillian recommends a day or 2 off then that's what we should do.

Anyway I'll still pop in while I'm getting better, and I'm sure reading all your posts will keep me motivated. Keep it up! :)

Awww man! I hope you feel better soon :). xx
  • heatherhsimpson
    Options

Oh no! Hope yer up and at it again soon!
    I took two days off last week but am going to try to do level two for 6 days this week because i have so much room for improvement in this one compared to level 1. Gonna do day 3 of level 2 today and try to do ALL of that plank cardio and get better at those crow pushups!
    Hows everyone else progressing?
  • jennycee2012
    Options
    Hi there! I am a real late joiner, but am doing Ripped in 30 and am finishing up level 3 this week. Level two was tough with a lot of plank moves, but man, level 3 is tough with a TON of glut/hammy moves that don't quit. I feel it every step I take during the day. This hopefully will be a good thing :)
  • paulaviki
    Options
    Hop you are better soon Dragonflyjen!

I've finished week one now, so start week two tomorrow. I hope it's not going to be too hard! Eeek.
  • paulaviki
    Options
    Wow week 2 is hard! The ab hold to table was really tough and I'm so not strong enough for all the plank moves. Still I'm going to stick to it!
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    Thanks paulaviki for pointing me to this post.

I just started doing Ripped in 30 and would love to join in as well. Anyone can Add me up if you want to support each other. Thanks
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Keep it up everyone, those plank moves do get easier. I will be back to it as soon as I can...desperate for his pain to ease enough to exercise again, missing it way more than I thought I would. Shows how much I never want go back to the old, unfit me ever again. :)
  • Jlan11
    Jlan11 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2- Day 2. I'm surprised how much harder week 2 is than week 1. I can't even do the modified version of the crow push ups. I'm really glad that I wait until my husband goes to work before I workout, he would probably die laughing if he saw me trying to do those! I hope everyone else is doing good!
  • speedisoverrated
    Options
    Has anyone else found week two to be quite dull?

It's a step up from week one but it feels a bit more monotonous. It might just be me, but I'm looking forward to week three :)