Are White Foods the Work of the Devil?

Options

Replies

• laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    The topic made me LOL so I had to check it out...and i think you're right! They are the devil! :laugh:
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all refined carbs are not friendly for weight loss. I read they cause increased insulin levels which can lead to fat weight gain.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all refined carbs are not friendly for weight loss. I read they cause increased insulin levels which can lead to fat weight gain.

Refined carbs can come in any color. Consider food-coloring. :laugh:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Protein can also raise insulin.

I would recommend this as it's supported with research and it should also provide you with a good base of information about insulin and it's effects:

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    No, beige foods are the real evil ones!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Well you just listed off my favorite foods ever. If I didnt eat them I would wither away and die.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    If white foods are the work of the devil then in the words of CAKE...

"Satan is my motor....."
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options

It's not just beige food that's the work of the devil, but beige paint and beige swirly carpet.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It's not just beige food that's the work of the devil, but beige paint and beige swirly carpet.

The "Eiffel Tower" at EPCOT is beige. It's the evil France!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Before everyone gets their knickers in a twist. I don't literally believe white foods are the work of the devil.

It was trying to throw the question out there in humorous way ( it went over the heads of some people )

I have cut out white carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta and bread) and replaced with veg. I just wanted people tell me about their trigger foods.

I'm sorry if people misunderstood the posting.

Why are you cutting out "white" carbs though? Is there a reason?
  • BillyPinky
    Options

The "Eiffel Tower" at EPCOT is beige. It's the evil France!

Every time I've been to France everyone is carrying a baguette under their arms. That blows my argument out of the water because they're all skinny minnies . BUGGER !
  • BillyPinky
    Options
    Before everyone gets their knickers in a twist. I don't literally believe white foods are the work of the devil.

It was trying to throw the question out there in humorous way ( it went over the heads of some people )

I have cut out white carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta and bread) and replaced with veg. I just wanted people tell me about their trigger foods.

Because I wanted to up my protein and eat more veg and to stay under my calorie allowance of 1700 which is hard to do if bread and pasta are using up 700 of that.

Since I started cutting out bread and pasta my chocolate consumption has dropped to almost zero. Its wasn't my plan it just happened.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Because I wanted to up my protein and eat more veg and to stay under my calorie allowance of 1700 which is hard to do if bread and pasta are using up 700 of that.

Since I started cutting out bread and pasta my chocolate consumption has dropped to almost zero. Its wasn't my plan it just happened.

If you're eating 700 calories in bread and pasta, you're not eating the recommended serving sizes.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i think they're all basically crap and there isn't room for them in any 'diet'... unless it's cheat day.

potatoes are one of my weaknesses.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Nope, not all white food is the work of the devil. Onions, garlic, Cauliflower, white cabbage, mushrooms, parsnips, etc are all white and very good for you. Even potatoes are really good for you if you eat them with moderation...they have TONS of nutrients...

I don't believe in cutting out anything from my 'diet'...everything in moderation. Any 'diet' that cuts something out can have negative effects on your waistline, because the moment you go back to eating those foods you'll balloon up...
  • BillyPinky
    Options

If you're eating 700 calories in bread and pasta, you're not eating the recommended serving sizes.

!00g of uncooked pasta is roughly 350 calorie and 3 slices of toast is almost 400 and that doesn't include the butter.

If I was eating 2500 calories a day like I should have been I wouldn't have joined a weight lose website.

If you asked any one who has lost weight they all have little tricks that work for them. Good or Bad but they worked .

And why are you questioning my eating patterns?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    White packaging:
    101_4780000015.JPG

White of the the egg;
    deviled-egg.JPG

The OP may be on to something after all.
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't think any food is 'of the devil'. I do eat wheat bread now instead of white because it has more fiber in it and I switched my normal pasta for this white pasta that has WAY more fiber in it. It's like Smart taste or something. It's actually much better tasting than the pasta I use to get. I eat less potatoes than I use to but I still enjoy them. I made mashed potatoes last week when I roasted a whole turkey.

The only thing I haven't really changed much is the white rice. I am adopted and was raised in a Japanese household and white rice is just something I love. lol Brown rice is odd though barley isn't bad. I just measure what I eat of it, keep it to about half a cup and have it with a load of veg and lean protein. (My favorite meal with white rice is cast iron seared chicken breast, green beans, and this tomato zucchini stuff that I make. It's got onions and garlic and fresh zucchini and sometimes mushrooms all browned up in a pan then you add a can of petite diced tomatos with their juice and let it reduce down until it gets thick. It's amazing on the rice and chicken. It's also good on toasted bread with a bit of cheese and it's like 2 serving of veg and low calorie and high and fiber.)
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Nope, not all white food is the work of the devil. Onions, garlic, Cauliflower, white cabbage, mushrooms, parsnips, etc are all white and very good for you. Even potatoes are really good for you if you eat them with moderation...they have TONS of nutrients...

I don't believe in cutting out anything from my 'diet'...everything in moderation. Any 'diet' that cuts something out can have negative effects on your waistline, because the moment you go back to eating those foods you'll balloon up...

I could be wrong, but I don't think the OP meant stuff like that. I eat all kinds of white stuff, including white wine. :) I think the OP meant white stuff that is bleached. The rice, bread, etc.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    DD16PK.jpg

Devil food that's only partially white.