190s to 160s Anyone???

Options
Curvimami
Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
Im 5' 6" 196 and Trying to find others in the same weightloss boat as I am. Finally left the 200s (For GOOD!!) and working my way out of the 190s (slowly but surely). I am trying to reach the 160s by Christmas. (165 specifically) . What are some of you doing to reach your goals?

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants to be 125, then?
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Well, I'm currently 200. My ultimate goal is 140ish. If I could be in the 160s by Christmas, I would be thrilled. I think it's do-able.

I'm quitting smoking this week (the horror) so I can really push harder on my bike rides. I'm also trying to get motivated to do morning workouts 3 days a week. I've just been walking 3-5 a days a week and doing a Sunday bike ride for the past 4 months or so.
  • LAsteve212
    LAsteve212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, currently 195, my starting weight was 226. My goal is 150, though. Sounds like we're in a similar boat! Feel free to add me, we can encourage each other :]
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Well, I started over 200 and am currently just under 180 wanting to get to 160 and pretty sure I'll make that by Christmas! I'm a jogger/walker and hoping to add some dance classes in come fall - got to keep up with my kids!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'6", I started at 245 and currently sit at 161. I have stalled here for a bit but its becuase I have been lax.
    Time to kick up a notch and get another 5-10 lbs max off. I workout 3x a week, with weights and cardo..have started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, also love to run.
  • Aalsup08
    Aalsup08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal is 150. I have 39 pounds to go.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I started in the 190s and am now in the 160s. I am working my way down to 155 though.

Forgot to answer the second half. I run and do a lot of body weight exercises. I did do a round of 30DS which got me through the 170s.
  • kadebstuart
    kadebstuart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is between 160-175. I'm 5'7" ish, and in the 200's. It's so hard to break the 200's! I really need to get more serious. *sigh*
  • chelsmccann
    chelsmccann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4.5" and started at 204 in June, and am at about 186 right now. my goal is lower than 160 - 130 actually. i am exercising portion control (i crave way too bad when i restrict my diet) and working out 6 days a week. i am taking advantage of the summer months and swimming mon wed and fri, and going to the gym to do cardio and weight lifting the other days. i also don't have plates on my car, and i live in a small town so i walk everywhere. feel free to add me!
  • Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'', and my goal weight is 145-150. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When I started (prior to joining MFP) I was up to 199, I'm 5'5. I joined MFP in November and I met my goal of 145 back in April. It was a lot of hard work, and it continues to be, but so far I've been maintaining. Feel free to add me, I am on here everyday :-) and I try to be supportive. I still need the support even with maintaining, it's so easy to go off course, hard to break a bad habit that you had for 29 years!
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    yes!!! my goal ultimately is 160 right now I'm in the 190s! And I feel like I'm going to be stuck forever!!

Anyone can add me, I welcome new friends !!! =)
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Me!!!
    CW 204.5
    GW 160

i want to be there by christmas too. :)

Edit: i am 5'5"
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to see the 160's by end of August. I started at 190 in January, and I am down to 173!!! Only 3 more stinking pounds!!! My long-term goal is to be somewhere between 145-150, I would love to be that by this christmas!
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I'm just under 5'7" and my goal is 150 lbs. I was 136 lbs in high-school but had no muscle tone so, I plan on reassessing my goals as I get to 150 lbs and seeing how I feel.
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 192, i just decided to eat more whole grains and started to do some exercise,
    probably about 2, 3days a wk... Nothing too heavy, now am 162 and My goal is to get to 135 which
    is 27pds away =)
    .... I am really hoping to be about 150 by the end of August. I am trying to do more cardio workouts,
    hate running, but that is what am focusing on. Looking to run about 4x a week, do some abs, and toning workouts about 2
    of those cardio days..... Maybe add an extra day of zumba, tae bo or kickboxing ... Total of working out 5days per wk..

That way I'll reach my goal SOON, SOON, SOON!!!!!!!
    Best of luck to all of you =)

Stay motivated and away from the processed foods!
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" started at 201 and my goal is 150.
  • LilMrsSmarty
    LilMrsSmarty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    160 has been my goal since I started eating healthier @ 242, but since I am able to maintain my weight within a ten pound range when I am not actively trying to lose, I have recently decided to set my goal @ 150. This way that 10 lb fluctuation I experience when maintaining my weight will still be my goal weight. =)

Just dropped out of the 190s...
  • DOJBOP
    DOJBOP Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5'8/200 even. I am on a mission. I would like to be 160-165. Christmas goal sounds good, need some motivation. Just logged day three, completed workout. I lost 22lbs a few months back and had surgery and was in a bed for a few months and gained back. Determined to get it off!
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean I was stuck at 200 lbs for along time, I am 5'6 currently 176 lbs my goal is 140lbs. I use to weight 350lbs so the fight still continues :)