190s to 160s Anyone???

Options

Replies

• spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 years old and 5'7" with super tiny bones. I started in the mid 190s (before mfp) and am currently around 170. I have a stage one goal of 150 and then a stage two goal of 135, my previous lowest weight. After that, I dunno, maybe more, we'll see how everything is. At 195 I was not quite able to get into size 18 pants and now my 12's are getting loose.

A really rigorous strategy works best for me because of my personality type. I feel very very down about setbacks and very very proud of small accomplishments. I try to keep a "streak" when I am doing a challenge, and also with making the day under my calorie goal. And I make a big calendar on my computer with all my goals on it, then cross them off goal by goal and if I do all my goals that day I cross the whole day off.

My general eating strategy is this:

200-300 calorie breakfast (usually a half bagel and 2 tb neufchatel)
    80-120 calorie snack (low fat string cheese and a v8, small amount of soup, veggie crisp things of some kind, etc.)
    200-300 calorie lunch (usually an egg white omelet with low fat cheese and maybe some veggies added)
    80-120 calorie snack (see above)
    dinner + dessert (enough of whatever it is to bring me up to 1200 net calories minimum - dinner could be anything but is always veggie heavy, dessert in the summertime has usually been 1/2 cup of breyers natural ice cream in a cake cone)

I changed my macros up a little to be lower in carbs (50%-45%) and higher in protein and a little higher in fat, because eating a lot of carbs, for me personally, makes me sleepy and causes me to experience weird hypoglycemia symptoms. This isn't part of any weight loss thing, just makes me feel better physically.

I also eat almost everything homemade and the only sugar is from my dessert and I'm a vegetarian. That's not a weight loss thing either, I have Celiac disease and my husband is allergic to eggs (why I eat them for lunch while he's at work) so we have a lot of navigating to do. But do I think it kinda helps, except for being a vegetarian is neutral and being on a gluten free diet is a hinderance (hard to get complex carbs on a GF diet).

Also my biggest meal is dinner because I have a lot of trouble sleeping and experience has shown if I am hungry at bedtime I will be most likely to binge or just not sleep for the entire night. But if that was a non issue I think I would try to have it be lunch.

Exercise-wise, I started by walking 10 minutes every day carrying my son, who at the time weighed about 12 lbs. For the first month I just tried to get used to that and up the ante when I could.

Now, I walk every day, carrying my son who now weighs 17 lbs. So I use "walking carrying infant or 15 lb load".

For the past month, I've taken a 1 hour boxing class on Sundays because my arms are horribly flabby.

I did these strength training challenges:

http://www.twohundredsquats.com
    http://www.hundredpushups.com
    http://www.onefiftydips.com
    http://www.twohundredsitups.com

http://www.twohundredsitups.com in particular I think caused me to lose a pants size in a month (although while I've been doing these challenges my weight loss has slowed dramatically, I think because I am putting on muscle -- its fine because I am shrinking anyway :).

And I am now doing a C25K program using the C25K app that is free for my ipod touch. I just did week 2 day 1 today.

I burn, somehow or other, an average of 450 calories a day doing these various things, and usually net around 1300. For me this means I am never starving and never totally full.

It was a lot harder at first than it is now. In order to keep from eating when bored I log into mfp and read all the cattiest topics and think of all the things I would say about whatever side I am on and then don't. :) I also go for walks to keep from eating when bored. And to stay motivated I look at Success Stories, especially people who have lost way more than my goal is, so that my goal will feel easier.

Hope there's something helpful in there for you. :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean I was stuck at 200 lbs for along time, I am 5'6 currently 176 lbs my goal is 140lbs. I use to weight 350lbs so the fight still continues :)

Congrats on your amazing loss!!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all your responses! Its very encouraging, especially since I feel as though I am losing so slowly (partly my fault,of course) YOu all are amazing. Congrats on all your progress thus far :happy:
  • clbutcher1
    Options
    About 2 yrs ago I went from 185 to 140 after having my baby, from eating right and doing the wii fit....I ended up gaining it all back plus 10 pounds. I am 5'1 and my first goal is 10% of my current weight, ultimately I would like to get around 130-120. It's considered the healthy weight range for my height.
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I lose weight slow, so by Christmas I would love to be 180
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and started out as 190. I am now 132 :D Took me over a year and a half, but so worth it!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/jaymebales83
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would love to see 165 by Christmas....that would be less than I have weighed in over 20 years. But I think its more likely I will weigh closer to 170 by then.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    hey :) i'm currently 183lbs. I started at 208lbs in January this year, and I'm hoping to get down to 140lbs by Christmas :)
  • callikelly
    callikelly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 216.5 as of today. Started MFP at 228.5. Hoping to be 160 around Christmas time. Major goal is to be 130.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 started at 196 though I've been heavier over 200 lb am currently around 160 but I'd like to get to 140, no I don't want to be 125
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I ended 2011 in the high 190s, started back with Weight Watchers in December and was introduced to MFP in January at about 192lbs. I started training for a half marathon in February, which I ran in May. Running, and watching what I was eating, helped me lose 27lbs in about 4 months. I am currently 167.8 and 5 weeks into the Insanity DVD workout. I have gained almost 3lbs since I started, but have lost inches!

If I can lose it, so can you!
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I have gone from 214 to 165 in 18 months more specifically 185 to 165 since January this year ( i have been maintaining since April) I have 1/3 of my plate fruit and veg 1/3 meat and 1/3 carbs i snack on fruit normally and let myself have 1 treat a day ( candy bar etc )
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i started out 212 in october 2011 and i am 170 currently. i want to get to 145- 150 for my height i am 5'5 so well see i just take it a day at a time and do lots of cardio and weights, i plateaued for a whole month so we shall see i would like to reach my goal weight by november.
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well, today's my first day....I weigh 210 currently. My goal's to get to 178-180 pounds (my lean weight) by November 1st.. I am 5'7.5". I weight train 3-4 times a week & I have just started cardio again. Any motivation would be welcomed! Feel free to add me, haha. Good luck to the rest of you; I'll be out of the 200's soon!!
  • aura100
    aura100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i was around 196 a few months ago now im 169 .im 5`10 i wanna be around 145-150
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started out at 206 last July and as of today have lost 67 lbs. My profile pic is my new before/after pic. My original goal was 140 and when I reached it I just thought, what the heck, gonna shoot for 135! I have 3 lbs to go. I never thought I would get this low. I also went from a size 20 pants size to a size 8. This is my lowest weight in over 20 years! It can be done! Just take it 1 day at a time!
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 I am currently 188, I'd like to get down to 160 -165 as I am medium framed. My starting weight wad 257(I cringed just typing that) I exercise. 5-6days a week going cardio and strength training, I also IF 2 times a week. Feel free to add me so we can support one another.
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and in the 190's and looking to hit around 150 for my initial goal and then perhaps try for 120-ish...depends on how I feel and look at lower weights since I'm now 40 and it's 3 kids later!
    I don't want to look gaunt and sick, I want to look and feel healthy.
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    I am 5'9", started out around 205 and now am 190ish. I would like to be down to 160-150 by the End of the World Marathon on 12/21/12. I plan to achieve my goal by running, yoga-ing, and just being more active. I aim to eat at least a pound of raw veg per day during the week and try to stay below 2000 cals on the weekends.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6' , started out at 201lbs at the start of March this year and am currently at 181lbs. Its been a hard slog so far due to medical issues, but I'm slowly getting there. I'd like to be 130 but if at 150 or so I like the way I look then I will stick there. I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and lots of walking and swimming.