190s to 160s Anyone???

Options

Replies

• gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm close to where you are, OP. I'm 5'6" and currently sitting between 200 and 202 and so SURE I'll get below 200 any week now. I thought I'd be there by mid-June, but now it's looking like mid-August. Had a lot of personal things that have kept me from making significant progress (though I'm staying the same, so I'll take that as a "win.") My first goal is 150 and from there I'll re-evaluate (although I don't think I'd aim for anything lower than 140.)

What I am currently doing:
    Mon: 25 min walk, 15 min elliptical, 20 min full-body bodyweight TRX circuit
    Tue: 25 min walk, 25 min elliptical HIIT, 30 min elliptical
    Wed: 25 min walk, 15 min elliptical, 20 min full-body bodyweight TRX circuit
    Thur: 25 min elliptical HIIT, 30 min elliptical
    Fri: 25 min walk, 25 min elliptical
    Sat: 15 min elliptical, 20 min full-body bodyweight TRX circuit
    Sun: Off, or hike with family

I cycle calories so that I eat less Mon-Thur (920 cal as a base + I eat all my exercise calories back) and more on Fri-Sun (on weekends, realistically, I know I am going to eat more, so I account for that.) Fri-Sun I plan 3000 calories as a base + eat back exercise calories.

I eat paleo and have my macros set at 20% carb, 30% protein and 50% fat. It's been 14 months since I started and I've lost 65 lbs.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    When i started at the end of May i was 198. At my last weigh in ( last monday) i was 169. My goal is 140lbs and i am planning ( dont want to say hoping since that sounds like i wont work at it hard enough) to be there by Oct and no later than Dec. Ive only been on MFP a couple of weeks and i find it a great tool

My schedule is :
    Mon- One hour of cardio ( treadmill or eliptical) or One hour of Zumba
    Tue- strength train 40 minutes and then do 45-1 hour of cardio ( because i love it so much )
    Wed-One hour of cardio or Zumba
    Thur- Off day
    Fri- strength train for 40 minutes and 45- to 1 hour cardio AND/OR zumba
    Sat- 1 hour of cardio
    Sun- strength train 40 mins and half hour -1 hour of cardio

I only recently added the 3rd day of strength since i feel like the scale isisnt moving as well as it did the first two months. Pretty soon i plan to do less machine strength training and more body weight ( free weights) instead.

But i will never give up my cardio....the strength is great for my body but the cardio does wonders for my mind/ attitude and well being
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Im 198 5 ft 7 and I want to get to 161 if I did it by christmas I would be over the moon but im not putting a time frame on it
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Actually started at 242lbs this past January and I am down to around the 155lb range now. My original goal weight was 170, but I updated it to 150 now... I'm 5 9.5

What helped me: Body weight exercises! I love them, throw together a good circuit to complete, pushing o do at least 30 minutes a day for 6 days a week plus some cardio:biking or jogging.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    5"5" At me peak I weighed 191. Currently at 162. I watch starches and sugars but have recently added bicycling and the gym. It works for me.
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" (almost!) and 186. My goal is 150. I am "blessed" with big girls and like being curvy.....It is the belly rolls I have an issue with! I lose pounds VVEERRYYY slowly and have found that time frames don't work for me. I always end up sabotaging myself somehow. Always looking for new friends!! Anyone can fell free to add me!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently 182 (started at 205, this time). My goal is roughly 150ish. I'm more concerned with how I look, than I am with the number on the scale. I am curvy and want to stay that way. I just would prefer that my curves not jiggle quite as much! I picked 150 to just have a goal in my head because I remember back when I was 150 before (years and years and years ago) I liked how I looked. When I get closer to it, I'll see how I feel.

I'm currently working out 5-6 days/week. I do alot of cardio (incline intervals on the treadmill, elliptical, bike, Zumba, walking outside, bike riding outside) and I try to do weights (machines, not free) at least twice a week. I wear a HRM for all of my workouts now to try to get an accurate calorie burn (I found that the estimates on MFP, Zumbacalories.com and my gym's fitness site were not very accurate - in most cases too high and in a few cases, too low) especially because I LOVE to eat and I tend to eat back most of my exercise calories!

Feel free to add me if you want to (anyone can). I log every day and I try to support my friends!! :flowerforyou:
  • dreamhill
    Options
    I am 5'8 and started out at 194. My goal is to get out of the size 16's I am now in and comfortably wear a size 9 (what I use to be and where I was happiest) That would put me around 145-150. I have been a yo-yo dieter for about 10 years now..It's time to get real!
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that are saying that the better goal is 150. I'm 5'6" and went from 177 down to 152 (still two pounds to go). My original goal was 160 lbs but I hit that so easily (and was unhappy with how I still looked) so I changed my goal to 150. I will say that I plan on gaining 10 lbs back to 160 after I hit my goal.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I started out at 195 and am looking forward to be in the 160s again. However, my goal is somewhere between 140-150 depending how I feel. However, my real goal is to be a size 8 and as I'm a size 10 at 177, I think I'll hit that size 8 a lot sooner than anticipated :D
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    My highest was 190 however I started here at 185 and im currently 171. Trying to get to 165.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 2 pounds away from one of my first goals which was to be 165 by the time school starts ^^ I'm giving myself until the end of the school year to reach my ultimate goal of being 130, which should be more than enough time giving room for future plateaus and holidays.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in the 190s for 2 months.. Need to get back to low carb, but my first goal is to be in the 160s by November. My overall goal is 130s by next May!
  • empressizm
    empressizm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was 197 2months ago. I lost ten pounds not even really dieting or exercising regularly just putting forth a little effort. Now I am going hard!

I found a gym that I like and I enjoy being there. I speed walk on the treadmill for an hour in the morning and an hour at night and I have

lost 4pounds in 8days:) I also weigh and measure all my food to make sure I am eating the right serving size. My goal weight is 160
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow..so much weight loss success in such a short time...it's both motivating and depressing at the same time...I got to my highest weight of about 209 in Jan and after SEVEN months all i've managed to do is lose and regain the same FOUR lbs...which I'm once again trying to lose (and MOVE ON!!!)...while I know I haven't been eating the way i should consistently...I didn't expect to be so unsuccessful up to this point...I have not generally been "pigging out" and I was in the gym 2 or 3 days a week :sad: ...nevertheless...started Insanity and am currently in Week 3 and hoping this will finally push my body into "lose mode"....I'm 5'7 and my goal is to get to 150...I will be overjoyed to even get to a lean, toned 160 by Christmas!
  • TheAshpie
    TheAshpie Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 194 currently! I want to be 130ish, since I'm 5'2. I got down to 160 before my pregnancy and loved the way I looked! Apparently my ex did too, hence the pregnancy! Haha. So here's to getting back down!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is around 165lbs, hopefully to stay under 168lbs since that seems to be my trouble weight where things start going back up not down. I'm happy to be friends with anyone in this range so we can keep each other moving!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 194 currently! I want to be 130ish, since I'm 5'2. I got down to 160 before my pregnancy and loved the way I looked! Apparently my ex did too, hence the pregnancy! Haha. So here's to getting back down!

lol. Ditto.Except Im 5'6. I got down to 163 before my pregancy and my S/O loved it as well. Now Im 195 and trying to get to 165. Good luck :-)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" started at 214, currently at 185.. Goal is 160.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6 I started in the 200's, and aiming for 140.

I was originally going for 154 but now that I am closer to that goal (currently 160) I realise I have allot more work to do so changed my goal to 140. :)

I certainly dont want to be in the 120's, Ive been there and lower im way to skinny at that weight .