tattoos

Options

Replies

• berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Not many people sharing but I will :) I got six but this bad boy is my favorite - Arrgg

8xmrf4.jpg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Ink is nice but.....do they hurt?
  • wazjoe
    wazjoe Posts: 20
    Options
    Says Vini Vidi Vici: I came I saw I conquered. My first tattoo 3 yrs ago

Screenshot__2011-08-01_at_09.38.10_.png

Says Erin Go Bragh which means Ireland Forever. Got this a yr ago.

Screenshot__2011-09-30_at_11.55.25_.png
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Since everyone is showing off theirs, i'll do the same..............

1751886_4602.jpg
    1751886_3498.jpg
    1751886_4063.jpg
    1751886_3074.jpg
    1751886_9775.jpg
    1751886_9507.jpg
    1751886_4800.jpg
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I love when people get Christian tattoos... especially when their Bible says not to get inked ;)

Can you please quote that passage?

"Thou shalt not get inked" lol

The passage is Leviticus 19:28....which is in the old testament.

Christians today are under the New Testament, which says nothing about tattoos.
    I've actually had quite a few friendly discussions about this same topic recently.

I feel anyone can get a tattoo....Christian or otherwise. That is my interpretation of what it says in the Bible.

Just my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own.

I don't have any tattoos. I'm not sure if I'll ever get one, though I've considered it. I admire them.
    My dad has 2 full sleeves.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I love when people get Christian tattoos... especially when their Bible says not to get inked ;)

I've actually had quite a few friendly discussions about this same topic recently.

I feel anyone can get a tattoo....Christian or otherwise. That is my interpretation of what it says in the Bible.

I don't have any tattoos. I'm not sure if I'll ever get one, though I've considered it. I admire them.

As an educated atheist, I ALSO feel anyone can get a tattoo. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of people getting religious based tattoos (hell, even quoting the Old Testament). The hard truth is that you can't say, "Oh, we're only the New Testament." That isn't actual Christianity; you wouldn't have the Old Testament at all if that were the case. Furthermore, there are MILLIONS of people who pick and choose what things to follow, rather than question the WHOLE Bible and their whole religion. Trust me, I could elaborate forever.

But I'm just saying ;)
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    I currently have 9 and I am getting my 10th in August!!:drinker:
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian and I have 2 tattoos.

A Chickadee on my left shoulder (it's 2 weeks old)

A rose (tramp stamp) lol
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    My back

Robtat.jpg
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Melanoma ribbon, tribute to my grammy.

tattoo.jpg

Sorry it is soo big!!
  • ljbraun77
    ljbraun77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Jxnsmma: I would love to see a pic of the pawprint/heart tattoo!
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options
    I have 9 myself :-) You can see two in my profile picture. I love them so much. I have 3 flowers that were taken from my grandfather's sketchbook that he kept in the 70's. I never met him, so it's a little connection to him.
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    yup! I have two, one on my upper back between my shoulder blades and one on my ankle
  • dotmango
    dotmango Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    those mistakes once meant the world to us! let's be proud of them and what they mean :)
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have most of my parts tattooed and I can honestly say out of all of mine the feet were the only ones that I had issues sitting through.. Haha.

photo4szf.jpg
    photo1kzx.jpg
    photo3aer.jpg
    photo2fri.jpg
    39458110150956444973634.jpg
    picture1370full.jpg
  • irishgirl0413
    irishgirl0413 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I currently have 2 ... a Grateful Dead bear holding a 4-leaf-clover on my left pelvic bone, and a sunflower wreath on my lower back (a "tramp stamp" as they're called). I'm planning to have another inked on my shoulder blade; I haven't decided exactly what I want though - something that will include all 4 of my kids names.
  • RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I wanted one for years. Finally got it after I finished my first year at Western Law: a maple leaf with a celtic design inside. It's pretty cool and I don't regret it at all. Now thinking of getting a second one on my inner left arm of a nautical star.
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    I have 7 Tattoos and would l to have some more done...
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just got my first one 2 weeks ago. I got a butterfly on my foot.

edit.jpg
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options

As an educated atheist, I ALSO feel anyone can get a tattoo. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of people getting religious based tattoos (hell, even quoting the Old Testament). The hard truth is that you can't say, "Oh, we're only the New Testament." That isn't actual Christianity; you wouldn't have the Old Testament at all if that were the case. Furthermore, there are MILLIONS of people who pick and choose what things to follow, rather than question the WHOLE Bible and their whole religion. Trust me, I could elaborate forever.

But I'm just saying ;)

Or you could show your atheism and get a "heretic" tattoo like my boyfriend and his brother have. It's all an expression.