Laughing cow cheese.....what to do with them?

Options

Replies

• SLMiddleton
    Options
    I mix mine with a bit of salsa and spread on rice cakes or crackers.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Throw them away and eat real cheese? Sorry, I had to. Seriously though, those things are kind of gross. However, I know people like to put them on crackers, bread, on sandwiches instead of mayo, etc.
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Usually over pasta or spread on a sandwich or crackers. As a substitute for other cheeses in recipes when you want to keep cals/fat down. Mix it in potatoes or mashed couliflower. Last night I stuffed chicken breast with a mixture of sauteed garlic, onion, spinach and a light garlic and herb wedge and baked it. YUM!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,005 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing sounds great
    i was actually thinking of making a pasta chicken dish with laughing cow cheese tonight for dinner.....I plan on sauteing onion, red bell peppers, mushrooms and zuchinni add chicken strips and some sundried tomatoe laughing cow cheese with some garlic, salt and pepper and maybe a little hot sauce I might also add in some baby corn and mix in some fettuccine noodles...I haven't tried it before but it sounds yummy
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I like the blue cheese version on celery sticks with a dash of sriracha!
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I cut a slit into the side of a chicken breast, amking a little pocket, and I stuff some spinach and a laughing Cow wedge in there. Bake as usual, so totally yummy!
  • AmberLeighD
    AmberLeighD Posts: 112
    Options
    You're suppose to do something with them? EAT IT !!! LOL (I'm sorry, but no one had said it) -

Great in a chicken Quesadilla, or on crackers for a snack, or on celery.
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat them on Special K crackers or on a toasted english muffin.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Throw them away and eat real cheese? Sorry, I had to. Seriously though, those things are kind of gross. However, I know people like to put them on crackers, bread, on sandwiches instead of mayo, etc.

Beat me to it. We've cut them out of our household after reading a little too much on their industrial manufacture. Real cheese, here.
  • miracleharper
    Options
    i shread some grilled chicken put it in a slowcooker add a jar of salsa break up or slice a wedge of the laughing cow, toss it in with the chicken and salsa . heat on low in the slowcooker till its all melted together. take a whole wheat tortilla shell add the chicken and salsa mix roll up tortilla and enjoy. you can add lettus or any other veggies if you like. or you can just spoon the mixture over a bed of lettus ad omitt the whole wheat tortilla shell. either way its a healthy meal . the salsa as no calories .
  • myeca77
    myeca77 Posts: 18
    Options
    Light Swiss cheese on reduced fat Wheat Thins is a delicious snack!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Bagel, spread with LC cheese, thin sliced ham and cheese. Best breakfast sandwich you'll ever have.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I've started spreading them on buns when eating a sandwich or burger instead of sliced cheese. Especially the blue cheese one. Yum!
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Egg whites + (1) Laughing Cow wedge any flavor + mug + microwave= Egg McMuggins!! :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Melt them and eat them. Plain. I love them.

^^This. I don't even take the time to melt them though.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Egg whites + (1) Laughing Cow wedge any flavor + mug + microwave= Egg McMuggins!! :)

I just like the name.
  • jyoyo78
    jyoyo78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Dip

My measurements are always a little different because I mostly just eyeball it.

Shredded chicken (or a can of chicken if you're lazy like me)
    wedge of LC
    few tablespoons of parm cheese
    about 1/4 c. cottage cheese
    generous serving of your choice of hot sauce

Mix all together, microwave a bit to melt the cheeses a little...enjoy with celery sticks or crackers....sometimes this is my lunch or dinner :)
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    thanks for sharing sounds great
    i was actually thinking of making a pasta chicken dish with laughing cow cheese tonight for dinner.....I plan on sauteing onion, red bell peppers, mushrooms and zuchinni add chicken strips and some sundried tomatoe laughing cow cheese with some garlic, salt and pepper and maybe a little hot sauce I might also add in some baby corn and mix in some fettuccine noodles...I haven't tried it before but it sounds yummy

Yumm!
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just eat them.

I'm not very creative. But I love them. Great quick snack. I don't eat nearly enough of them. I just wish they were cheaper.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I eat them on Special K crackers or on a toasted english muffin.

English muffin!!! How come I never thought of that?!