Laughing cow cheese.....what to do with them?

Options

Replies

• shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    One word of caution with the laughing cow cheese wedges...yes they are only 35 calories per wedge BUT they are pretty high in sodium which will add up if you are having a few wedges!
  • casherrill76
    casherrill76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of mayo!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I eat them with wheat thins.

I eat them similar... except for wheat thins, I use everything pretzel thins.
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I spread the strawberry cream cheese flavor on low fat waffles or pancakes instead of using syrup and use the swiss flavored ones in just about every recipe I tweak that calls for cream cheese. Look up www.hungry-girl.com website. She has tons of recipes on there using it.
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Use a vegetable peeler to make noodle-like slices of zucchini. Cook the zucchini in a skillet with about 1/3 cup of chicken broth. After a few minutes, add a wedge or two of Laughing Cow cheese and cook until the cheese is melted into a thick sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

That sounds AMAZING!!
  • Carolinagirlrml
    Carolinagirlrml Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    They come in all different flavors. Weight watchers makes some flavors too. I use them a lot to replace in what I would use cheese for. Experiment with them. They are great and versatile
  • eribooo
    eribooo Posts: 10
    Options
    This is my favorite:

Brownberry sandwich thin
    Laugh Cow light swiss spread on one side
    Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on the other side
    Tomato or Cucumber in the middle.

Very satisfying!
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Melt them in jacket potatoes, 10mins before the potato is due to come out of the oven put half a cheese in, then no need for butter or toppings, lovely with salad or beans X
    This sounds wonderful!! Thanks :)
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Use a vegetable peeler to make noodle-like slices of zucchini. Cook the zucchini in a skillet with about 1/3 cup of chicken broth. After a few minutes, add a wedge or two of Laughing Cow cheese and cook until the cheese is melted into a thick sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

You are my hero! That sounds to die for. :flowerforyou:
    Yes, this does sound amazing!
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    My kids and I like to dip Goldfish Crackers into it.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've always just used it on crackers or sandwiches, or melted with veggies, but some of these ideas are soooo good! Definitely saving for later :smile:
  • bugginbri
    bugginbri Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I mash up one wedge (any flavor) in about 2oz of canned chicken and 1 Tbsp of greek yogurt then add roasted red peppers and capers for a really good chicken salad!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I use them instead of mayo on sandwiches
  • misslynn23
    misslynn23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled egg whites, 1 light LC cheese wedge, a dash of pepper, smash together and put between 2 slices of 45 cal bread= 159 cals
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If we are talking about the little 35cal wedges I eat them with a package of sunharest chips. I use the chip to cut a swiggle slice off and it usually lasts the whole bag.
  • ACB42
    ACB42 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thin-sliced honey crisp apple, LC light Swiss, and wheat thins. Yummy.

Or leftover shredded rotisserie chicken, topped with one wedge Swiss (melt), mix with small amount of basil pesto and chopped tomato.