WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Options

Replies

• sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    For Meg: I'm living in North Carolina jut north of Raleigh Durham Area in the country.
  • mommie55
    mommie55 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just read an article on sleep deprivation and how it affects your metabolism....WOW...what an eye opener!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: no time for personal responses but I've read everything and feel so blessed to know all of you.

:flowerforyou: it helps me to read this thread every day and post something.......and sometimes to respond to everyone.

:yawn: only exercise today was a lot of dog walking----almost 20,000 steps :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I've been invited to a birthday breakfast tomorrow and the hostess said that there would be fruit so I could eat something :bigsmile: I thanked her, but said I won't be eating anything because I'll eat before I walk my dogs and will just enjoy everyone's company when I get there........it is easy for me now to go to events and not eat the food that is served....it wasn't easy the first time because I worried about what people would think and now I realize that it's no big deal.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

It has been a long day and I'm extremely tired:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: . I have read all the posts, wow, so many!!!! Congrats to all that have lost , and to those that are struggling, keep at it, one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, you can succeed!!! I know it's someone's birthday, Polly:flowerforyou: Happy birthday!!!!

Welcome to the newbies:flowerforyou: The women here are amazing!!!

I am now going to turn in for the night, hope everyone has sweet dreams!!!! Until tomorrow.....

Hugs,
    DeeDee:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

@Polly Happy Birthday!
    @Dixie. Big Hug!!!
    @Laura80111 Hoping your new grandbaby arrives soon.
    @Meg Thanks for the words of encouragement!

It is very hot here in Idaho. Drinking lots of water. Using the cell again
    Not very good at it. My laptop is dead saving up for a new one. My daughter has one but it is hard to find a time she isn't using it. But at least I have this. I am able to read everyone post. Hello welcome I will do better next time responding. Take ceveryone drink lots of water. Keep coming back
    Thanks
    Liz
  • AZDee
    AZDee Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I have a new goal for August...to win or at least make the finals for my age group in the atkins all star competition I entered last month. I just found out yesterday I had made it to the semi finals 24 of us, 4 catagories, I am in the women over 40 and of course the top vote getters are in that group. So if anyone wants to support me and vote, just go to facebook and type in atkins all stars in the search box and you will find me on page 2. You can vote once daily for one week. When you go there you will see my new before and after shots...they look impressive if you ask me 102 lbs lost thanks to my support here at mfp....
  • cjspensley
    Options
    Hi all...Making progress...it's been hot but I've been riding my bike. My son is home on leave from the Air Force and he is a slave-driver on the bike! We rode an hour and went 15 miles the other night, and surprisingly, it didn't feel all that bad. Finally over the "lose that first 10 pounds" hump and that feels good.

The Kid and I leave Thursday morning to drive from Chicago to Las Vegas, where he'll be stationed for the next couple years. It will be fun to have all that time in the car together - 4days - but then, it's 4 days in the car together! 8^) Hoping for hotels with pools and exercise rooms. And I have my knitting packed for entertainment.

Obstacle: Lunch meetings at work. Hard to figure out how to post foods. And hard to know what to choose. I am beginning to hate buffet lines! Too many choices and way too easy to put a little of everything on the plate. I was pretty good today...totally skipped the desserts, and took salad and a small sandwich, a few chips, and drank water.

We love to eat out and it is nice to find so many places' foods listed in MFP. That is really helping me maintain control of what I eat.

Not taking the laptop on the road this time...I'll continue to record, but won't be able to weigh in or post here til I get back next Tuesday.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Good evening lovelies!

Happy Birthday Polly and MacMadame, hope your days were great!:flowerforyou:
    Dixie, Jeannie and all who are sad :cry: and struggling:brokenheart: , breathe out. Your body will remember to breathe in for you. Then its just one foot in front of the other, and know that we are all here for you .:heart:
    Brenda loved:love: the positive, proud approach.

Too pooped:yawn: to reply to all but inspired by you all, I got a jeweler to put the wristband back on the HRM's watch part. Maybe tomorrow I'll read the instructions on how to program and actually USE it. No mat work today, but did make over 15,000 steps and that's what I'm proud of today!:laugh:

Welcome to all newbies and hugs to all I missed, but it's off sleep before I put anything else in my mouth.:bigsmile:

animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the AHMOD who WILL be size 10 one day

August: EVERY DAY: 2 fruits + 7 veggies, 30 mins of any exercise, some mat work 5 days a week, average 10K steps, no more than 2 drinks Thurs-Sunday, PERIOD!!! Let it be. Really.

2012: dance more, bark less and CHECK IN!!!

matminutes: 7=0 6=28 5=0 4=0 3=0 2=0 1=0
    steps: 7=15066 6=10878 5=6859 4=5008 3=5673 2=8464 1=9848
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbiecat! Im 55, a Seattlite, erg, my spelling. Would love it to get support from women my age group. Is this an official group? Friend me please I lost the ability to connect to my other online group so I faltered and re gained 3#. Boo! I was dianosed pre diabetic about 3 months ago. Advised to lose7% of body weight, which would be 18 #. So my group had 16 weeks, but 12 weeks later I only lost ten. So today,to encourage myself I looked for photo online of what10# of fat looked like. Found a photo of 5# of fat...eeeww! So imagine two and a half fat french bread loaves, mushed into a yellow lumpy mass...anyway look it up if you get discouraged...:smooched:
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know! Just took a college course called sleep and dreaming who knew?
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    I don't need to look at the weight in fat that I'm carrying around. It's become quite enough knowing that I have to fight to lose it. I don't hate myself but knowing that I did this to myself out of a need to feed my emotions is hard to get around.
    Instead of looking at that, I visualize how much better things will be when I get healthier and more able to do stuff that others take for granted. It makes each step that I take now a little more important to take.
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, :flowerforyou:

Meg, yes peach pits are poisonous , but our little Talula is a rescue and she was on the streets of Mexico so she has learned to eat what ever she finds. So, now we have to go out with her each time and make sure she doesn’t eat any more. She is not vomiting any more.. I am feeding her white rice and chicken, so far no signs of obstruction. She is a standard size Xoloitzcuintli.
    She is coated and this is probably why they abandoned her, as most of the wanted pups are hairless. She is a wonderful dog!

My injury was from falling down a set of 2 stairs. I was the 5th person to fall down the stairs. They were abnormal size. After I fell they changed the color of the carpet and put up a sign. I fell from about 5 feet onto my knees. I hurt my lower extremities .It took so long to get the surgery that I needed that it has weakened the muscles of my lower back. :grumble: :grumble:

I can’t wait to try the prune puree, how many jars of baby food do I need to buy , say for a brownie recipe? I have not been baking, but will try this next time! I could not imagine going back into the hosp to work now. I love the direct pt care, but I couldn’t do the standing or walking required! Good for you, it must be fun to work with the students. I love the teaching aspect of nursing! You rock, and nursing instructors are in DEMAND! :happy: :happy:
    Praying for your DH and his surgery in the am, a speedy recovery and the surgery goes well.:bigsmile:

Laura8011 hope that grandbaby is here by now! :noway: :noway:

Liz, hope your headaches are gone!! :explode:

Barbie, Like Meg, I love the dancing kitty too! :laugh: :laugh:

Cjspensley-good to you back. I am an Air Force Brat and we lived at Nellis for some time. Thanks to your sons for their Military service. I was in the Air Force reserves as a flight nurse and I loved it! :drinker:

AZDee- wow that is amazing 102 lbs, how long did it take you and did you do Atkins or ? I will check you out on facebook! Congrats! :drinker: :drinker:

Mommie55, yes lack of sleep is a weight gainer! Thisi is something that I really need to work on!:yawn: :yawn:

Michele,how is the pool coming along!:tongue:

Amanda, almost over !!! Soon London will be yours again!:drinker: :drinker:

Ok , time to head to bed, Love watching the Olympics during the summer!!!! Go USA! :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart:

Welcome to all the new ladies, this is the place to be!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Have a good Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow night. :flowerforyou:

Keep coming back, reading the posts, chatting,logging and drinking that water! YOU DESERVE TO TREAT YOUR BODY WITH LOVE AND KINDNESS- YOU/WE ARE WORTH IT!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart:
    Linda SundanceB:heart:
  • JoyceMccormack1958
    JoyceMccormack1958 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am a fifty something with about twice my age in lbs to lose. (my 'name' gives my age, or at least dob, away) I've been dieting for about forty years. It seems every time I lose something I gain it all back plus a few extra pounds for good luck. Now with age should come wisdom, instead in blew a whole host of health issues. I have been told that the magic key to resolving these issues is to lose a 'little' weight. So here I am. I live in the chilly, damp north of Britain. Well in Shetland to be precise, which is nearer to Greenland than Scotland I believe. I am married and have two, almost, grown up sons (15 & 19). I want to grow old with style. I don't want to be a cuddly mum/ wife/ aunt etc. I joined MFP in June and it is helping me no end. My age and meds are making it harder to lose weight but to every problem there is a solution. So I want to become fitter and stay healthier for longer. Help!

My goals
    Log all my food, keeping under my target
    Walk every day, even if it's only a little bit
    Enjoy life, don't let my size weigh me down.

Joyce
  • Alwaysnancy
    Alwaysnancy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. Stayed on track with my food. Which I haven't done in a while. :( And had an hour of personal training with my husband. Lori our trainer is tough and I always feel quite spent at the end. I expect my tush is going to feel a bit sore today and tomorrow. We'll be back with her tomorrow. Over the course of the last couple of years I've always managed to get exercise in at least twice a week if not more and I think that is the only thing that saves me. I'm really hoping to keep the diet under control so I can get the weight in check to make the running easier. I know I can do it but I just have to keep doing it.

Sure is a lot of people finding this great group.
    Nancy
  • bigpal
    bigpal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies hope this finds everyone in fair health the reason i say that is some of us have health problems but on brighter note drink plenty water keep moving and log everything you eat plenty of fruits and veggies iam just about to get moved this weekend will be very busy hope everyone can do something postive today in order to reach their goals :smile:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning girls,

just lurking and saving this spot
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! It looks like i will be another beautiful day in the 90s. Need to get some exercise in early before it gets too hot. Then I'll add in my long walk this evening.

Nancy and Joyce- When I first started working with a personal trainer,I told him that I didn't want to be fat, frumpy, and frail!! He has definitely helped me get stronger and gain better balance. Wish I could run. At this point I can only run for about 5 minutes at a time. I WILL do a 5k someday.

bigpal- Thank you for all of you r words of encouragement every day. We CAN do it- one step at a time.

Everyone have a great day. Move, log, drink, and find something to laugh about!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,085 Member
    Options
    Hello again - wow, I think I say this everyday, but lots of wonderful posts to read over the past day! Amazing really when I think about all of us doing our best to live healthier lives and of all the effort we put into it. Great to read of so many successful journeys because heaven knows this is not easy!

Laura, I feel like we are all on baby watch!! I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear from you.

Time to organize the laundry and all those mundane things that need to be done.

Hugs to all. And :drinker:

Lin
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Went over my calories for the first time in awhile yesterday -- and then posted a loss this morning. Perhaps I should binge more often? It was a going away party for my oldest, who's off to college. Any recommendations for the emptying nest? (I still have one at home, but Aaron leaves a hole.)
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies , wow it seems I don't have time for much of anything but work. all my sick co workers need to come back to work!
    I did get some walking done yesterday although I didn' t get to log it all. My hubby fixed dinner last night, round stake and corn on the cob, and FF. I only had a few FF , I did go over a little , but I will have to be carefull the rest of the week.

must get back to work , you all have a great day!