WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Options

Replies

• tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Kathy - be careful with your toe! I know what you mean about being a klutz. Many years ago, the first time I invited my ex-husband around for a meal, I managed to crack my head on the corner of a kitchen cupboard and actually knocked myself out. My ex (although he wasn't ex then - he was still new and shiny) had to take me off to hospital. He then took me back to his house and we sat outside in the garden to have a more informal picnic meal. Well I managed to drop a knife and it landed in my foot .... back to hospital for more stitches! I'm always surprised that I had another date with that man! Perhaps someone was trying to warn me off!

Cindy - I don't really know what gatorade is, but I'm a water guzzler. Aside from black coffee, it's about all I ever drink these days.

DeeDee - sounds like you and your DGD had a great time! As for maintaining - it's a tightrope. I tend to undereat more often than overeating, but I'm pretty much steady these days.

Janehadji - well done for avoiding the chips and dips!

Gardengail - have fun at the folk fest. I always love those kind of outings.

Jan - how are you holding up with the smokeless zone? I promise it will be worth it in the long run. One huge difference I found was that everything tasted so much better. Plus the smell of course. DH has never smoked and used to complain about the smokey stench. Naturally, I didn't notice it at all. Nowadays it's a different matter. In fact, DH came home the other day and I could smell smoke on him. He had been to see his friend who is a heavy smoker and, even though he didn't have a cigarette while DH was with him, just being in his house was enough to make his clothing smell. Yuck.

Michelle - I love the idea that they've started putting water in your pool. Yay! Won't be long until you are spending all day swimming.

Liz - Bella Jo looks a sweetheart.

Yesterday with the grandtwins was great fun. DH and I took them to the park and played on the swings and slides. Grandfather insisted on pushing the pushchair because he doesn't get much chance to do it. We took them to the coffee shop and they had biscuits and juice and behaved beautifully! I am so proud. After their evening meal we bathed them (well I bathed them and then DH showered them - I don't know who was squealing most!) I cannot believe how good they are at going to bed and settling down. By 7:30 they were asleep and not another peep was heard. Fabulous babies.

Had to pause there for a few minutes. I love sales like I just made. In the space of five minutes a woman came into the gallery wanting a map. She liked the first one we showed her and bought it straight away. £4,000 in five minutes! Fantastic.

I need to do some work so will catch up with you all later.

Love to all.

Amanda x
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! It's a beautiful Saturday. The weather was perfect this morning at 7 when we went for our daily trek. Weigh-in was successful. Now if I can knock the housework out of the way by noon, this may be a perfect day!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend! :flowerforyou:

I've had quite a week trying to keep the gardens watered in this heat. Cooler today. :glasses: Later this morning I'll be plopping my fanny into my inner tube and floating down the river with a friend, should be a fun time! Of course now I wish it was going to be another hot day :laugh:

Someone mentioned deadheading and taking care of flowers this time of year, boy oh boy do I know that one. It took me a couple of hours to clean up my front yard the other day, clipping buckets full of spent flowers. Looks so much nicer now. I had a go-round in the back yard a week or so ago, that was a work, too.

I grow my veggies at a community garden nearby, my hubby and I have 2 garden plots there to the tune of almost 3000 sq. ft. My kitchen table is piled high with peppers, eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes. Yeahhhhhhh, finally tomatoes! :love: Not tornadoes, lol! Funny, the two words do look alike in this font.

I'll be roasting eggplant and peppers on the grill and freezing them. Makes for great dishes throughout the winter like eggplant parmesan and chile relleno casserole. Tomorrow morning I'll be picking the 2nd batch of corn for canning.

I lost another pound this week which took a full month to come off :explode: but that's ok, the countdown has begun. 7 more to goal! I'd like to say congrats to everyone for working so hard at this project of weight loss and better health. We owe it to ourselves to feed our bodies correctly and get our weight down. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Now then, if I can just keep my paws out of the 2-bite cinnamon rolls that I bought for hubby the other day! He hasn't even tasted one. :grumble: Who did I really buy them for? :laugh: They're verrrrry good. :blushing:

I agree with you, Amanda, other than coffee, water is about all I drink anymore. I guzzle it. Oh, wait, there's wine, too. :wink: Everyone have a great day! :drinker:

:smile: jb
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    It’s only about 57 degrees here this morning. Just amazing for Central Iowa in August. One thing unchanged is the pollen count which is quite high and keeping me grabbing for tissues!

:glasses: Kathy – you have a Zookinesis DVD? Now I’ve not heard of that but if it is as much fun as the name of the video, you should have a blast. We’re all pulling for you to take excellent care of yourself now that you have no protective covering for your toe.

:glasses: Cindy – I’ve always wondered about having an electric mower. It’s always sounded so good. No gas to purchase, no smell, no pulling like crazy to start the mower. Trying to dodge the cord would pretty much negate all the positives!

:glasses: Janice – hope you come back often to join in. It’s definitely a habit for me now!

:glasses: Janehadji – I hope your daughter finds a beautiful hair style for the wedding. It is difficult to roll with it late in the day isn’t it? That happens to me, I’ll have everything planned out and then a different option will arise and it’s too late to make a radical change since I’ve already eaten most of my allotment for the day. I try to say oh well, maybe next time. I’m already planning on having a serving of unsalted potato chips on Sunday. I have a serving almost every Sunday now. It’s my treat for having a good week. Only downside is a bag of chips lasts so long now they go stale! (Nope, no room in the freezer.)

:glasses: Gardengail – Folkfest sounds wonderful! Please give us a report when you get back.

:glasses: Deb A – good suggestion on trying to switch it up a bit.

:glasses: Lizmil – I love dogs and I’ve found most dogs and people I’ve encountered could use a bit more training.

:glasses: Faye – that donation to Salvation Army sounds great. They actually call me every few months to let me know they’ll be in my neighborhood if I have any furniture to donate. They picked up some items from me once and now I’m on the call list but I don’t often have furniture to donate.

:glasses: Michele – how exciting----water in the pool! WONDERFUL.

:glasses: Jan – you are doing so well. Good for you on mowing the grass. And not smoking. YEAH!

:glasses: Micki – hope your weekend is enjoyable.

:glasses: Barbie – happy dancing. I’m on day 7 of 10,000+ steps per day.

:glasses: Linda Sundance – Happy Belated Birthday. Your daughter and your treat sound lovely. The best thing is what you are doing for yourself.

:glasses: Amanda – impressive ticker!!! Amazing accomplishment. You rock.

:glasses: Getinshape56 – I hope you get to the gym to start your membership. I’ve struggled with the same question for months but finally decided for me that it isn’t the time. What I want to do I cannot afford at this point so that is that---I need to throw out that last circular advertising a special on joining a gym near me!

:glasses: DeeDee – it sounds as if you are having a wonderful time with your granddaughter. I love to go to Starbucks and there are usually a few children there. They seem to have such a good time ordering their drinks and usually enjoying a muffin as well. I think I enjoy my black coffee as much though. Just going to Starbucks is a treat as far as I’m concerned.

:glasses: Tigress – it’s great of you to spend time with your friend. I’m sure it will help her to be able to vent to you about the situation. We all need our pals.

:glasses: Jen – happy gardening to you!

:glasses: Drkatiebug – HOUSEWORK. All my best wishes on that. I truly and honestly detest it.

:glasses: Jb – sounds like a busy time for you. Lovely vegetables and they will be wonderful this winter. Enjoy tubing!

Time to zip along and my apologies to all I've missed. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. As I’ve said before, I’m always apprehensive about weighing. I want a good result (who doesn’t) and I’m afraid I won’t get it even with good eating and daily activity. Talk to everyone later.

Lin
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    I've updated my ticker as well. It now reflects where I started in 2012 when I was weighed in the doctor's office at my annual physical.

Lin
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my toe!:happy:

Liz -Bella Jo looks adorable-she's very lucky to have found a good home!

Linda- Happy Birthday!

Lin- Zookinesis is a system of mild exercises based on tai -chi, yoga and chi- gung. The Dvd I got is all done seated so it's perfect for me right now! In fact I'm going to try it right now!

Amanda- Thanks for sharing your story! Sounds like it was quite a painful date! Ouch! And I can't wait for grandkids someday!

Off to exercise, while hubby is out of the house!

Kathy
  • carojrrn
    carojrrn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello to all!

The bad weather last night is done and the sun is shining! I hope to get outside later for a short bike ride but did a Turbo Jam DVD I had this morning. I am going to sign up for Jazzercise; apparently they have a semi- annual sale going on right now I want to take advantage of. If anyone has these classes in their location check it out for a great deal! I decided I needed to have some accountability with my exercise and not rely totally on my DVD's and treadmill at home.

I am going to try to finish a few Pinterest crafts I purchased supplies for later tonight. I do not know what I was thinking when I bought them. I typically am not really a crafty person! LOL! Watching too many home improvement shows and too much pinning I guess!

Finally figured out how to post my ticker to show my weight loss. Not much yet but a start....

Wishing happiness and success to all!

Carolyn
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop back on here and add that I just did 40 min. of the Zookinesis DVD, and was pleasantly surprised that it was more of a workout than I thought it would be!:bigsmile: Even was able to do part of the leg workout without hurting my toe. This will definitely help get me through the next two weeks until I'm more mobile again. Yay!

Going to drink my water-worked up a thirst! :drinker:

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Kathy

Carolyn-Envious of your Turbo Jam DVD and good for you on the Jazzercise! I'm doing babysteps and hopefully will be back at water aerobics soon.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely ladies! It is grey a misty here which is good because we need rain, but we won’t get much out of it I’m afraid. At least it’s not 100+. We had a fabulous, decadent dinner last night. :happy: I had clam chowder, sautéed artichoke hearts, steak oscar (oscar topping is asperagus, spinach, tiny shrimp, and lobster), and cheesecake. I cut everything in half before eating and was not terribly full. We both brought home leftovers for today….yum!!! DH did ok with the walking. We had to park way down the row and he wanted to walk, not be dropped off, so he made it!

A little annoyed with the pharmacy. :grumble: Benny Beagle ran out of this one medication (the most important one) on Friday. Thursday I called for a refill. It has to be compounded and takes a day to make, so that would have been perfect, except the pharmacy called me (at the wrong number) to ensure that I really wanted it before they made it. So DH went all the way downtown today (daughter is driving) and it wasn’t ready and won’t be until Monday. :grumble: So I called the pharmacy manager and complained. She said “Well you have to understand that we don’t want to make something and then the person doesn’t want it.” And I replied “But you have to understand that I called for the refill and wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t want it!” So now he is going without his meds until Monday. UGH. I am not sure I get that whole process. Sounds pretty illogical to me! :grumble:

Kathy: good for you about your foot…now be careful! When we were waiting at the restaurant last night I almost had a stomach ache worrying about someone bumping into hubby’s foot! :noway:

Cindy: hope your ankle isn’t hurt too badly. :flowerforyou:

DeeDee: hope the sleepover with GD was grand! OK so many people think salmon causes weight loss, before weigh in next week we’ll have it for dinner the night before! :laugh:

Janehadji: good choice to not eat the guac and chips. OMG I love guac!!!!! :smooched:

Gardengail: kickboxing!!! Sign me up! No one will stay out of my office and it’s almost impossible to get anything done. I may put up a sign warning potential visitors that they should come in because I need to practice!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lizmil: I had thought the fires were settling down a little. Where in Idaho do you live? I have a friend in Jerome.

Michele: busy as always. I’m sure you will be glad when the pool is done!

Jan: 18 days….good for you! Your story is so funny about being truant for your first day! Don’t you hate it when they change something after years and years??? I missed renewing my nursing license once because they changed the renewal date to October after it had been December for decades. I had to drive to Lincoln, pay a fee for being late, pay for the new license, then pay a fine for everyday I worked after the old license expired. I’m reminded of that each time the renewal documents come out. Which, by the way, they just did! :blushing:

Lila: your cucumber and mint infused tea sounds fabulous! How do you make that?

Linda: happy belated birthday! Your daughter’s cooking sounds like my 15 year old. She made banana bread once…it was a little dense…come to find out she left out the flour! OMG :embarassed:

Amanda: you SHOULD be proud of your weight loss. You are an inspiration! You story about your injuries cracked me up! :laugh:

Getninshape: good for you on the weight loss!

Jen: keeping good thoughts going your way for son! We drove from Omaha to Niagara Falls last year. It was a great drive. Where in NYS are you?

JB: great job on the weight loss. Your pic looks like such fun! :smile:

I know I have missed several people but know that I am sending you good thoughts for a great day. Welcome newcomers. We are so chatty it’s hard to get to everyone. Take care, Meg :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Meg, so sorry about the pharmacy fiasco. Their logic escapes me as well.

Well, it's only 7:30 and all of my calories are gone. Wish me happy thoughts having nothing to do with food for the rest of the night.

K
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Amanda, your ticker with the new beginning weight and your real weight loss accomplishment looks great....your loss is an inspiration to any woman who wants to change her life and reinvent herself.

:flowerforyou: getninshape, I have a million reasons for not joining a gym but I was inspired by a book called "Strong Women Stay Young" and as the result of reading the book, I bought some dumbbells and ankle weights and used the book's strength training program for myself at home. It has worked for me. I did my at home program faithfully three days a week from January to early July when I set it aside to allow time for a big rock rearranging project in my yard.....when the rocks are done and the weather gets wet again, I'll go back to the strength training.

:flowerforyou: Sundance, congrats on your birthday and being able to eat cake and ice cream in moderation......not everyone can do that.

:flowerforyou: Lin, that's great that you have a streak of over 10,000 steps a day....you should give yourself a gold star on the calendar for each day of meeting this new goal...great idea to update your ticker with your real starting weight.....we need to get credit for our accomplishments on this journey.

:flowerforyou: Carolyn, I did Jazzercise for a few years when I lived somewhere else and I loved it......the classes here are too far away but if they were closer, I'd go again.

:bigsmile: line dancing at the county fair went very well. :smile: after a week or more of temperatures in high 80's there was a great change and we had fog and temps in the 60's so we were cool and comfortable while dancing. Jake and my two friends came to watch along with a good sized enthusiastic audience. I only made a few tiny errors that weren't noticeable and I had a great time.

:flowerforyou: after the line dancing, one friend and I stayed to watch the Olympic Mountain Cloggers and then wandered around the fair and looked at almost everything. I bought a fair sweatshirt because of the cute dancing pigs to go with the fair theme "Kiss a Pig, Dance a Jig" and for lunch I had garlic fries. I had decided ahead of time that I would eat some "bad food" at the fair but it would be something I chose well and would eat in moderation. After looking at all the choices, I realized that because I decided to not go to any Mariners games with Jake this year, I'd missed my chance for garlic fries and that was the only think I regretted about not going to a game.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

August Resolutions:
    *walk the dogs for an hour or more every morning
    *100 Warrior III poses or squats a day
    *17,000 steps a day
    * finish the rock project in the yard
    *Act the way I want to feel
    *Come from a place of love
    *Don’t take things personally
    3076981b97xsiescq.gif
  • margylevin
    margylevin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI all! yay 50+....turned 50 last September - woohoo! Joined MFP four months ago and then decided to continue to enjoy myself - too much! Anyway, back on - this was day 5. Exercise is going great but it has been going great for several months now. Just need to stay in control of the eating and drinking! You cannot eat and drink whatever you want even if you are taking 2 hour, 30 mile bike rides. I think I've learned that now.

Anyway, I live in the Boston area, am married to the wonderful David. No kids, three poodles. Looking for supportive friends. I have about 22 pounds to lose...somwhere in that area. thanks!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: margylevin, welcome to the most supportive and friendly group of women.....we will encourage you in your journey and share stories of our lives. Many of us have pets. I have two standard poodles, Brandy and Sasha and a loving cat, Bernie.. Thee poodles love to walk and keep me moving a lot every day. I haven't ridden a bike in years but my hubby is talking about us buying bikes and riding together.

:flowerforyou: keep coming back and share your success, bumps in the road, and questions and we'll get to know each other better.

:bigsmile: :smooched: Barbie from NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Well, they didn't do much on the pool today. It rained last night and the ground is just too wet. If they'd started up the Bobcat, it would have just slid. They're HOPING to start up the pump Monday just to be sure that there aren't any leaks. They did have to pump some of the water that was in the pool out because something on the bottom wasn't quite right (I was at yoga while this was going on). Tomorrow I'll do some pilates

Linda Sundance - happy birthday! How nice of your daughter to make a cake for you. I remember once when I was about 13 or so, my father wouldn't let me use the beaters if someone wasn't home. I made a cake, only it was so flat that I filled it in with icing. It looked very nice -- until we cut it. Then the icing just oozed out the sides. My father ate some of it anyway (I think the rest went into the garbage)

jb - floating down a river in an innertube sounds like so much fun.

Went to the farmer's market today. The guy with the good corn didn't have any, but he said he'd have some next week. Actually, it's probably a blessing in disguise. Now I can finish up the corn that is in the freezer and make room for more! Wish I had a ceiling-to-floor freezer, mine is getting stuffed right now. Bought some over ripe bananas and am freezing them. Did you know that you can freeze them for making banana bread, etc later on? Anyway, I froze the ones that I know Vince won't eat.

At our last Newcomers general meeting they had this water there. Vince took some and thought it tasted "funky". Well, it had cucumber in it. How he missed that, I'll never know. Actually, I've had cucumber water and thought it quite good. Well, he's just pickey, that's all

Just iced some more mini-cupcakes for Vince. Actually, I needed the room in the freezer...lol

Meg - sometimes pharmacies can really be annoying!

Barbie - so glad the dancing went so well. But, of course, it would...you were leading it!

margylevin - welcome! dh and I went to college in Boston...great town. But you're not in Boston itself, you said. where exactly are you?

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good night all.
    Had a great time with Violet today.Went to the park.She loves our new place.
    Nice day weatherwise,a good day to be outdoors.
    HUGs
    jane
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Kathy:smile: congrats on getting your stitches out. Take care of that toe!!!!

Janehadji:smile: Practice run on the hairstyles, I remember when my daughter did that, it was a lot of fun, she had hers up, just looked better with her dress. We had a professional hairstylist and makeup artist, I did not get a trial run, they had my hair half up, it looked really good, however at 1am I'm trying to take it down, they must have used 100 bobbie pins, I thought I would never find all of them:laugh: . It was really a fun time, I know you'll enjoy yourself!!!!

Lin:smile: I'm going to start eating salmon at least twice a week!!!!

Tigress:smile: I could never get into chicken wings, just too much trouble for only a bite or two!!! However I love the blue cheese dressing and celery that came with them!!!!

Gardengail:smile: the Folk Festival sounds fun, hope you had a good time!

Liz:smile: Bella Jo looks so adorable!!!!!:heart:

Faye:smile: I so love peanut sauce, your dinner sounds yummy!!!

Jan:smile: missing the first day of school:laugh: . Why did they start on a Friday anyhow? I find that just strange!

Getninshape56:smile: congrats on the 1.2 pound loss!!!!!

Amanda:smile: knife in the foot the same night you cracked your head....ouch!!! Does sound like a warning:laugh: . Your grand twins sound so adorable, how old are they? Congrats on that sale!!!!!

Jb:smile: floating down the river in an inner tube:glasses: , sounds so wonderful!!!!

Meg:smile: I hope Benny beagle will be okay without his med. until Monday, sounds like a irresponsible pharmacy to me:angry: .

Barbie:smile: so glad your dancing went well!!!! Love the saying on your sweat shirt!

Margylevin:smile: welcome to the group!!!

Michele:smile: that pool is coming right along, you'll soon be swimming laps!

To everyone I missed, I'm sorry. I have read all the posts, and I think about you all!!!

Welcome o the newbies:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I had a wonderful day with my granddaughter, we spent a lot of time on the golf cart yesterday, she loves driving. I have a really long driveway, and 30 acres of land so we were all over the place. I kept her limited to the driveway and just around where the grass has been cut, didn't want to get in the high grass ( I have a guy who cuts it for hay). We did go across the street to visit my brother and sister-in-law, she took them for a ride too:happy: . It so reminded me when my daughter was young, she and her best friend would get in the golf cart and go everywhere, she always took my cell phone so she could check in with us, they got stuck in the field once and we had to go them, it just brought back lots of wonderful memories. I took lots of pictures and videos, printed out the pictures for her to take home, emailed the videos to her mom. She really didn't want to go home, but they were having dinner with the other grandparents last night. I was supposed to have her home around 4:30pm, we got there around 5:15 oops.
    Now it feels lonely with just me and the dog, guess we'll get back to our normal routine. I am off to Starbucks this morning to meet all my friends, on Sunday I get to be the Queen, I like it:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .
    Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: , log your food!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It's quite on Sundays. Time to make the jewelry, I have a show in a couple of weeks. Tigress
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :flowerforyou: No sun in Portland this morning, hopefully it'll shine this afternoon.

The float trip was something else! Whew! Too much fun, dangerous in spots. We had no idea what to expect, and surprised we were, lol. I wrote the details on my blog should you care to read. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jb_2011/view/river-float-409400

Plenty to do today, getting ready for company coming for dinner tomorrow.

Enjoy yourselves one and all!

:smile: jb
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Greetings this lovely Sunday morning! It is so gorgeous here! DH and I sat on the front porch having coffee and just chatting. It was lovely. The air and sun feel different here now; I’m not sure how to explain it, but it seems “fall-ish”. Even the kids yelling down the street sounds different. Had kind of a quiet, boring day yesterday. Worked on the book til about 5:30 then the kids were both gone all evening, so we vegetated in front of the TV watching Shark Week shows. I had intended to make a peach french toast bake to have for breakfast today, but after one beer, I was toast myself, and totally forgot. Plus I fell asleep in the chair! Guess you need those lazy days sometimes!

Today is quiet here too. I’ll work on the book, then go for a walk with puppy dog, then I need to help DH with a bath. What is hilarious is that the girls think that is totally gross, so we make sure to hint around that I “wash everything” which usually sends them screaming out of the room! Basically I am the safety insurance. He still has to sit in the tub and not get his foot wet, so I’m worried about him slipping and falling, so I stand watch!

K: hope you made it through the night last night without going over your cals!

Barbie: sounds like your weather has been great too! Kiss a pig, dance a jig! I love that! We are having our state fairs now too and on the front page of the paper today was a picture of a cute little girl kissing a cow. I like your idea of posting goals daily; I think I’ll try that starting in Sept because I can’t even remember my August ones now!

Michele: what is the secret to freezing fruit and veggies? Mine always come out soggy.

Jane: nice to see you again. Glad your new place is working out

DeeDee: sounds like your granddaughter day was tons of fun!

Tigress: what kind of jewelry do you make? You should post some pictures!

JB: your float trip sounds like so much fun; wish I could join you!

Boy for once it was quiet on this board! I feel like I got through all the posts without missing something! Has anyone heard from Petalsnpaws lately? I wonder how she and her hubby are holding up. I think about them every day and hope he feels well enough so that they are able to enjoy some of their time together now.

Well it’s noon, so time to hit the book. Take care everyone and drink up! Water that is! Meg
  • carojrrn
    carojrrn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

I had a surprise visit from my 23 year old daughter today! She lives about an hour away and usually just shows up every once in a while. I am so happy we have a great relationship. Her teen years were challenging and I was not sure she heard anything I said. Nice to know if you are patient, persistent and loving they eventually come around.....:heart:

I went to the grocery store this morning and stocked up on fresh fruit and veggies. I planned the meals for the week and will bring my hunger/stress snacks to be prepared. Asian turkey meatballs tomorrow and Cilantro-lime grilled chicken another night! I love the website Skinnytaste!

Take care to all on the journey. Keep on trying; find joy every day!

Carolyn