WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Options

Replies

• ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Welcome to all the new posters. Keep coming back, it really helps you stay on track. It's so nice to share in everyone's triumphs as well as struggles.

I was working on a layout this morning (I'm a graphic designer) and the boss walked in and said "that looks like crap". Guess I'm starting over. He didn't know this was the new design I was working on. LOL.

Great Zumba class last night. I sooooo miss our regular classes, but they start up again after Labor Day. So while I'm feeling the class in my knees, I am motivated today. Going out to take a stroll around the parking lot after I post. I had a couple of personal calls yesterday so went outside to walk while talking. The receptionist laughed when I came back in because she had been wondering why I was doing laps around the lot.

Amanda - I had a BPD/DS or what is commonly known as a Duodenal Switch. They remove 3/4 of the stomach and shorten the intestine proportionally according to its length. They reattached it at the bottom of the stomach giving a functioning valve so that it works the same way it used to. Because the intestine has been shortened, I have malabsorption issues, meaning I can't absorb all the calories I eat, nor do I absorb essential things like calcium from my foods. So I have to take supplements, which is fine with me. Within 6 weeks of my surgery I was off all meds for high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure. I know there is lots of debate over WLS, but it was the best thing I ever did for myself. But it is just a tool, you still have to work at changing your eating habits and mental state. I give credit to people who are able to lose the weight on their own. After 25 years of dieting, I needed help. I'm happy to share more details if anyone wants to pm me.

Well, it's 75 and sunny, so I'm heading outside. Enjoy your day!
    Gini
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Greetings to all! I joined MFP in June on the recommendation of someone over at Beachbody. A little background: I turned 50 a year and a half ago, have been limping along at roughly the same weight for the past four years or so. I work from home, and when my commute went from 60 minutes to about 1, my weight really went up - about a pound per commute-time lost :).

I can't say what motivated me, but it might have been how unhappy I was to be taking a trip-of-a-lifetime in fat clothes. Anyway, I started P90X again in June (I had done it once before so it wasn't quite as daunting as it was then) with the decision to stick with it for good. About a week after I started, my brother-in-law decided to join me, so now every morning at the same time each day, six days a week, we meet in my basement for our workouts. Even when one of us is traveling we still keep up with the routine. I'm currently finishing week 12 for me, and in two weeks I'll be able to take a week or two "off" before starting up the next round.

I've been steadily losing about a pound or two a week since starting, but I have to tell you how big an accomplishment that is for me: for the past four years I might decide to get serious about "dieting" but nothing budged the needle. I was seriously stuck. I had my thyroid checked in every test known to man - it's not that. I walked seven miles A DAY - maybe a few pounds but then nothing. The bottom line is that I needed to move a lot more and push myself, add weights and muscles, and make it a lifestyle. So far I've lost around 15 pounds, with the needle dipping below my weight four years ago for the first time.

My calorie intake has been relatively stable for the most part - when I'm tracking it's around 12 - 1400 calories/day in food, when I'm not it's the same. I did cut out alcohol for the most part this summer - my husband stopped drinking, so I want to be supportive, but for me it meant a lot of empty calories that added 100 calories/drink (mainly wine). It's better for me to just have food and water. Once I get back to a reasonable area we'll see. It just doesn't bother me. However, it is a big lifestyle change, and they recommend not going crazy on cutting things that will need to be added back in later. Do I "need" alcohol? Absolutely not. Do I enjoy a glass of wine occasionally? Duh! So when I have a good handle on healthy eating, I will indulge from time to time.

As to type of diet, I stopped eating meat for good a year ago - my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer, so it's just not worth the risk with a family history (his mother died of it too) when it's just a huge indicator. I had been cutting way back anyway for personal reasons, so I've been vegetarian for a year now. It didn't make a big difference in my weight, but I will say it's made a huge difference in my digestive system, for the better :). Anyway, not looking to convert anyone, just describing my diet plan. I've always cooked from scratch anyway, so cutting processed foods wasn't a change. I have a garden we live on during the summer, and I buy and cook organic as much as possibe. I do love to cook, but the one change I've made that's having an impact is cutting out white stuff - flour, rice, sugar. I've gotten way past craving sweets (an issue with me). My last hurdle is tortilla chips :).

Anyway, enough about me - just wanted to say hi. I'll be popping by from time to time to meet you all. Cheers!
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Wow, so many posts to catch up on! Welcome newcomers!

NSV moment - Walked outside for 10 minutes this am at a decent pace!:smile: Haven't been able to do that since my surgery! I even took the boys with at the last minute, which I wasn't sure if I should do since I didn't know how slow I'd be or how uncomfortable my foot would be. The dr. said it my toe turned out perfect and just to go at my own pace. Can't get into a gym shoe yet but at least I can wear my Birckenstock sandal instead of the "designer" velcro shoe I was in for the last 4 weeks! I got the ok to go back to the pool in a few days but I have a feeling I'll just be water walking for a bit. Can't wait to get back into water aerobics!

Nancy - Thanks for the encouragement and advice! I really do have to remember that I'm still healing and not push it!

Meg - That's great that you have a weight loss buddy at work!

Mamacindy81 - Both of my two dogs wear harnesses when I walk them and it makes a big difference in me walking them versus me getting pulled along. The only drawback is that they only wear them to walk so it's usually a big fiasco getting them on because they get so excited!

Glendalight - I like the term "mature goals":smile:

Robin - Hope your DH's colonoscopy went ok. My DH had been procrastinating on that too and hopefully will get it done before the year is done! Can't wait to see pictures of the doghouse!

Gail - Thanks for the definitions! I knew some of them but didn't know what the D stood for in DH, DS and DD! :laugh:

Lin - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's fall! I will keep both of you in my prayers! Take care!

Katejkelley - Congrats on your NSV! It's great to have that feeling!

Gini - Great idea to do laps outside while talking! Now that I'm able to be a bit more active, I'm going try moving more when I get phone calls!

Have to go get some exercise in, put my foot up long enough!

Hope everyone has a good day and don't forget to get in your water!:drinker:

Kathy
  • slowspud
    slowspud Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am new to this page but have been using the fitnesspal for about a month now. I had approx 95lb to lose. Have done 32lb so far but still around 60 or so to go. Around half of thay was before I joined this group but I was starting to slow donw and needed the support that I ghet from here. It was an amazing feeling to finally, after many years of yoyo dieting, get into a size dress I have not been able to wear since my 30's. :happy: This site has given me so much help to actually see where I have been going wrong. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • LzL1958
    LzL1958 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just signed up here 2 days ago. I'm still getting used to finding my way around this site. I found this message board and really liked the connection for us 50+ and more mature folks.

I started my weight loss journey years ago with absolutely no success and continual failure, after failure, after failure... That is until this year. After struggling and doing nothing but gaining, and as a result having many, many medical issues, I finally got enough courage to have gastric sleeve surgery. So my newest journey started in June of this year. I've now lost 45 lbs. and I'm slowly starting to see some of my medical issues fade away. No more diabetes and almost free of BP meds. More significantly is the changes with osteoarthritis in my spine, which greatly affects the nerves in my legs. Moving has gotten so much better and most days I don't even take pain meds any more. That's really big for me.

Dieting is going well, but I still have a lot of challenges with excercise. Currenlty I'm at a stall in my weight loss (4 weeks now). I think it's because I'm not excercising enough. It's especially hard to get motivated when the nerves in your legs don't seem to want to hold you up for more that a few minutes at a time before you need to sit down. I still have a handicapped plackard and I still ride in a scooter-cart at the grocery store, but I'm hoping soon I'll be able to toss that idea away and walk through the store on my own and pain-free.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself to the group. I hope to get to know some of you as I trod along this new journey of mine.

Elizabeth
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in 6 months may I please join you? I need to be around older women who are going through the things I am.
  • slowspud
    slowspud Posts: 13
    Options
    I'll be 50 in 6 months may I please join you? I need to be around older women who are going through the things I am.

Hi there, I am new too but they do seem to be a lovely bunch and I think it is a great idea to have something for us mature women.
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to all of the new ladies ,you will find a lot of new ideal and support here . Hope you all are having a wonderful day. I did not lose or gain this week , I am just the same. but I am ok with that for now. My grandson stayed with me this past week end and we took the dog for a walk each day, and when I took him home Sunday night , the dog moped around like he had lost his best friend. poor thing.
    work is kind of slow today so I hope to get caught up on all your post. My hubby has shingles and so life has been alittle stressed. and he is a grouch when he dose not feel good. But life gose on , I do feel bad for him, and I know that is hurts so I try not to upset him to much. well better get back to work. have a great evening .
    rp
  • DMOMofTHREE
    DMOMofTHREE Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    New here this week, I try to read a few posts here and there, but its difficult while at work :frown:
    I hope to catch up this weekend and get to know a few of you and try some of the recipes on here.
    Once question I have is am I the only one running to the bathroom every two hours because of all the water I drink?:drinker:
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Barbie,
    your posts ALWAYS inspire me! thanks for being a ray of sunshine in my world today! :flowerforyou:

i'm not very good at this posting stuff (yet) but i DO try to read them for a bit each day. :smile:

trying to hang in there with the food plan~ tempted to get into something i shouldn't have..... :frown:

guess i better try to drink some more water, :drinker: and start planning supper.... :ohwell:

thanks again for your positive posts! :heart:

janie
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    THANKS for clearing up the acronyms~ i'm new to the posting world, and just couldn't figure them out! :tongue:

janie
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi friends new and old! Today was kind of fun at work; we had the Biggest Loser Celebration and they ran a slide show with before and after pictures. That was so cool to see. Some people lost a ton! The guy who won lost nearly 18% of his body weight and won just over $650. Everyone was called up on stage and for each person they either read a reflection that person wrote or discussed their weight loss. One lady wore her “goal dress” a form-fitting, bright red, pretty sexy but still ok for work dress and she looked spectacular. Total, we lost 298 pounds! Then we had dessert. LOL They were all healthy desserts! :tongue:

My buddy Ginny and I are partnering up for the next phase and spent an hour strategizing about how to motivate each other and what our goals are. So I’m really looking forward to ramping this up and losing more weight!

Cindy: I like the harness for the dogs too. Our beagle is usually very docile but goes nuts (in a good way) when he sees other dogs and can get out of a collar no matter how tight. He’s kinda old…maybe around 8 and we have only had him for a year, so I figure the easiest thing to do is just work with what we got! :indifferent:

Glenda: welcome and what a nice picture you have! :smile:

DeeDee: I sure hope you feel (and look!) better today! That alarm story was funny on my end but I’m sure you were really annoyed.:flowerforyou: I did not do too well with my August goals, but I’m going to put the September ones on every post like Barbie does. That means I have to save them somewhere!

Robin: your upcoming trip sounds great. Be kind to hubby….that prep will do you in LOL. After that the test is nothing.

Neeneva: welcome!

Dwn2erth: I’m not sure I fit in the mature category….I’m kinda immature actually LOL.:smokin: Welcome

JCKKB374: Welcome to you too

Janie: the good news for you is that you see how out of shape you are now while you can still do something about it instead of finding this out when you are 80 and a bad fall puts you in the nursing home. That’s one thing my dh learned from his recent surgery…OMG he is out of shape and could barely use crutches.

Lavendergirl: welcome or welcome back!

Rp: sorry to hear you are having stress right now. Keep up the activity as much as you can, get that water in, and we will be here when you can fit us in.:flowerforyou:

Linda: hi! Hope work is treating you well

Gini: where was your picture taken? Looks like you are on a sailboat.

JB: Yummy recipe thanks for sharing!

Carolyn: I think many of us are in the peri-menopausal stage, so you will find lots of support for that too!

Jen: I sure hope ds is doing well. Your little get away sounds grand. I love seafood and would really enjoy it so fresh.

Jane: so sorry about the teeth…but now maybe you will feel better. And hubby too…so sorry about the job and I will keep my fingers crossed that he finds another one soon. :flowerforyou:

Jeaniebeanie: welcome. I don’t think 2 glasses of wine is too much but be sure to get the water in.

Lila: glad all these good choices are paying off! Stay healthy!

Micki: someone has probably answered your question, but the abbreviations….they are secret. LOL:bigsmile: DH is dear hubby and
    DS is dear son; you can do DD for dear daughter. MIL is mother in law, DIL daughter in law, etc.

Michele: turns out my friend was already a member here but never logged on. So that was one of her requests for accountability. I got home from work and found a friend request from her, so I think she will start coming more often! Yeah, and I’m with Amanda, I don’t vacuum my house, I could never have a pool! :noway:

Cindy: good job of not snacking!

Lin: Oh dear! Your poor dad and poor you. I’ll keep both of you in my thoughts. Take care of yourself. You’ll be stressed and if you’re like me, you’ll want to eat, eat, eat. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I have missed so many people, but have to wrap it up now and get busy again. Welcome to all the newbies I didn’t say hi to and good to see you to all the “oldies” I didn’t respond to personally. Tonight is game night so we have to get cracking on the dinner! Take care, meg
    :drinker:
  • cathyb60
    cathyb60 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to shut down for the night.I was doing great till my DD showed up with fish and chips for supper! I only had the fish but that was bad enough! Must go and use my bike pedals and drink some water!

Micki: that comedian was right about the word "diet" and "edit"

Kathyszoo: thanks for the link to the exercise, I already did some. It really gave me a boost as I've been feeling sorry for myself the last couple of weeks because of my knee.

RP: I had shigles a couple of years ago, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I still get hints of the pain once in awhile when stressed. Wishing a speedy recovery to your husband, for both of your sakes!

I have also copied a couple of the recipes people have been posting, can't wait to try them.
    Well goodnight every one.

Cathy
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good evening ladies, wow we have certainly grown by leaps and bounds:smile: I have been so busy I haven't been posting but have logged my food and exercise faithfully:wink: All my hard work is paying off, the official last day of our "Biggest Loser" at work was supposed to be today but someone called out so they extended it til tomorrow. I did weigh in today though and to my delight have lost another 2lbs for 25lb in 13 weeks:bigsmile: I am changing my game plan come Saturday, I am gong to start weight training to help with the belly fat. :bigsmile: well off to exercise. Everyone have a great evening.
    :heart: love ((((HUGS)))) and prayers, Rose
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!! I need to get inspired and back to routine...I love salad butneed to change my lunch...time for soup...it is starting to cool down in NYS.:tongue:

Dh is closing store (sells appliances) early on Saturday so we will head to the lake earlier than thought ...hope to kayak a couple of more times this season.:smile:

I need to work on my September goals...many of the posts are giving me ideas of ways to change up exercise and re-think my food choices.:smile:

Michelle - I don't vacuum my house...dh's job...but I enjoy vacuuming the pool..I find it very relaxing:bigsmile:

Have a good evening..hugs and high fives we will succeed. Prayers for all the challenges.
    :heart:
    Jen
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good evening lovely ladies--

:flowerforyou: Gail, Meg and anyone else that responded to the acronyms. Thank you.

:heart: Lin- Sorry the hear about your dad. I went through something similar with my dad last year. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

I will be out of touch for a few days. DH and I (see I know what it means now) :blushing: are headed to Cleveland, OH to visit his mom and some of his family and my sisters and family. We are suppose to see the effects of Isaac tomorrow so depending on the weather, and how we feel after working all day, we may leave tomorrow night or very early Saturday morning. We are talking about 2 14 hr days in the car so I don't know how much, if any exercise I'll get in. There is a fabulous Metro Parks system close by and I told DH, weather permitting, I would love to go walking. We will drive home all day Tuesday. So it is a quick trip. I don't really like traveling over holidays but this is the best time to go.

I will really try to eat well AND get my water in.

Be safe and everyone have a great LOOONG weekend.

Well, I better get to the packing so I get some sleep tonight.

Micki
  • sg8800
    sg8800 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What timing.... I just turned 50 this month!

Last year I used MFP and my 16 year old nephew and I worked all summer getting fit, eating right and he lost 50 lbs! I got back to my weight from my 20's! Then...he headed off to school and I got lazy. Stopped working out, started eating anything I wanted, candy bars almost daily. What was I thinking?! I may have reached my weight from my 20's, but not the metabolism!

This May I went in to the doc's for a shoulder problem and the scale was the highest I've ever seen. I'd gained 22 lbs in less than 8 months. How stupid to work so hard and then just toss it away.

So, once I healed from my shoulder surgery, I got back on MFP, started back on a healthy eating & exercise plan. I also have been 'checking in' daily via email with a great friend who's also working hard to lose weight and get healthy. It kinda helps in my mind to know I have someone to answer to...did I work out today? did I keep within a decent calorie limit?

Love to join in this group for the motivation! I see my goal in sight, BUT once I reach it I have to keep up with proper eating and exercise, that's why I need MFP!

Thanks!
    Shannon (in Augusta, GA)
    (along with Gabe, Holly & Bubbles ... my dogs who help keep me walking)
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Stardancer7 -welcome to the group. Hope your soup turned out well :smile:

Auntiebk-hope things are going better for you. I am so tired today, but I managed to get on her and log my food, and I am going to make myself go the the gym later tonight! :noway:

Lynn- welcome to the site, come back here everyday and read the posts, log your food, even if its over and exercise, and drink your water. If I have an off day, I get on this blog and it gets me back on track! :happy:

Amanda, praying for your dear friend. I pray that the scientists will find a cure for breast cancer soon. Too many women have lost their lives too soon. It is devastating to lose so many to breast cancer. :sad:

Apj79, welcome! Most of us are in the same boat with you. You will find lots of unconditional help and support here! :happy: :bigsmile:

Barbie, our wonderful leader. I just read this and I needed to read/hear this too! You are awesome!
    Make today a new beginning and take it one day at a time....do something today---take a walk and celebrate your success....make a plan for what you will eat and stick to the plan and tell us about it......miracles have happened for us and they can for you......never, never, never give up :drinker: :drinker:

Lin-hope your dad is doing ok. My dad did the same thing and he did very well after his hip surgery! :happy:

Jb2011- you are so lucky that you can go berry picking! I thought of the trip as you were describing it, what a wonderful day and you get berries to top it off! :tongue:

Laura80111. Congrats on the driver’s license being accurate. Mine is such a joke. They don’t even look at it when it is renewed. I am over 200lbs and my DL weight is 149! Lol. I hope you have a nice trip in LV with your family. Happy early Birthday to you! I hope you have a blessed day! :laugh: :laugh:

Nancy, good luck going back to school next week. I hope that you won’t be too exhausted to take care of yourself. For me being tired is the worst when it comes to healthy eating! :devil:

Kathyszoo- what does NSV mean? Congrats on your short but wonderful walk! :happy:

DeeDee, oh my what an aweful morning with the alarm battery and barking dogs! I hope you are getting better, if you are not better after being on your antibiotics for 36 hrs, go back and see the doctor. The antibiotics might not be the right ones for you bacteria! :flowerforyou:

Cathyb60- welcome. Many of us also have physical challenges. You will find lots of support and ideas here! :smile:

Cindy- how’s it going with no evening snacks? I forget what Dr.Oz or the guy on the biggest loser said –there should be no eating X hours prior to going to bed. :happy:

Glendalight-welcome! :smile:

Robin, Bodi boy and Ritter bit. Glad to heat that the dog house is almost done. I could really use a get away for a nice rest for the weekend! Cherish this time! :grumble: :grumble:

Jnheff- hope your PT is going well. After I had my knee replacement I would love the massages they would give me on my leg! :bigsmile:

rpphillip- glad that you are keeping in touch! Keep doing the healthy things for yourself, and get back into MFP when things have settled down. Shingles are the most painful virus I think that people get. Hope your DH is doing better! :flowerforyou:

mwheatcraft54- I also cook almost everything organic. We eat this way 98% of the time. Belonging to an organic CSA has helped with the veggies and fruit. Welcome :smile:

carojrrn- yes this menopause thing is driving me nuts. Living with 2 teenage girls my cycle came back of not having it for 7 months. Now , they are both on their cycle and I am cranky, craving sweets and so exhausted!!! I just turned 55…when is this going to be over with!! If I didn’t get these PMS cravings I would not deviate at all!!! :grumble: :grumble: :explode:

Jen thanks for the reminder to take the time to stop and smell the roses. I hope that you have heard from your ds by now. My work has been crazy with the 2 full/blue moons in this month, What they say about full moons is so true! :flowerforyou:

Jane, so sorry about your husband losing his job. I will pray that he will find another one soon. Thank goodness for a kind, landlady! :happy:

Jeanniebeanie-would love to see your art work! :smile:

Gail- I just joined the Y again, hoping to get their tonight. Its nice to go when there aren’t a lot of people there! :happy:

Wdraper70- hope school is going well. Take care of yourself, cold and flu season is around the corner! :smile:

Sasha4427- glad that you are healing well How do you fix your chard? We belong to a CSA and we chard a lot. I could use some recipes, ones that are kid friendly! :smile:

Micki , just keep doing what your doing and eventually the weight will come off. Did you check your measurements? Have a safe trip to Cleveland. :smile:

Michele- are you sure you aren’t made with Duracell batterys?? Lol, I just get dizzy reading all the things you accomplish in one day! Actually, I wish I had more energy like you! :laugh: :laugh:

Walkermom58- welcome!:bigsmile:

Slowspud- that is a great weight loss! Just keep going, slow weight loss is the most healthy way to lose weight! :tongue:

Elizabeth –welcome! :smile:

Meg- you hopefully will adjust to the school schedule. Why is it that nurses are so giving to others, but don’t take the time to care for ourselves? We need more “me time” to be self caring. Take the time to ensure that we are FIRST! Hope you are getting back on track. Work is that full moon thing going on! I have a foggy brain when I have this premenstrual junk going on. I just wish I could lay down and sleep until it passes! Lol :yawn: :yawn: :huh: :huh:

Rose-Congrats to your 25lb weight loss in 13 weeks! You must be so proud! That’s awesome! :drinker: :drinker:

Welcome to sg8800 and all the new women. :smile: :smile:

This is the best blog to be on. THANKS TO BARBIE!:drinker: :drinker:
    I am doing well. Just started the gym and just doing the stationery bike. I need to weigh in tomorrow and do measurements. I get to see my work comp MD tomorrow and I want to give him a good report about the weight loss.
    The girls school schedule is wiping me out, until I can get re-adjusted. The pms stuff needs to take a hike and never come back! :grumble: :grumble: :explode: :explode:
    I have to go out again-4th time today to pick up my DD from volleyball practice,but I did vow that we are going to the gym after I pick her up! Maybe it will wake me up and I wont be able to sleep all night!! Really now, this getting old is for the birds!
    Until next time. Keep taking loving care of your body, nourish yourself with healthy nutrition, lots of water and log your accomplishments (and deviations) here! Exercise while you still can. Love yourself today! :heart:

Hugs, Linda- SundanceB I maybe the only Linda now? So, maybe I can drop the SundanceB? :drinker: :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: when I started on MFP in February 2009 this thread was already going......I joined in, learned a lot, posted every day, and became part of the family......I don't remember exactly how it came to pass that the woman who had started the thread wasn't able to continue, but she asked me or I volunteered or something to start the thread for the next month and I've been doing it ever since. When the thread gets to 500 posts, it automatically starts a Part Two......many people have given me credit for that, but I'm not the one who does it......however, when we get to the end of the month, I'm the one who starts a new thread for the next month. Someone suggested that we start a group, or just keep the thread going on endlessly, but there is something that many of us like about the new thread for the new month.......it's like turning the page on the calendar and having a fresh start.

:flowerforyou: when I started on this thread, everyone had goals of how much weight they wanted to lose for the month....personally, I feel that I am totally powerless over how much weight I lose in a month, but I have the power to stick to resolutions like drink eight glasses of water a day, or do weight training three days a week, or don't take things personally, so I make my goals (now I call them resolutions thanks to a great book I read recently) something that I can control like my attitudes and behaviours.

:bigsmile: So.......late Friday night when it has become September in many time zones, there will be a new thread for September and I will post the link to it on this thread so you can all find us again. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: be thinking about what goals or resolutions you want to make for September when we start a new page, month, thread......and share them with us.......I have gotten so many great ideas from others.......one of the personal qualities that has improved for me, thanks to all of you, is teachability..:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :heart: my hubby is coming home from his house sitting job starting tomorrow for four days then he goes back for a week.....

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Shannon:smile: welcome to the group!!! Good for you getting back on track! Come in often and chat with us.

Micki:smile: hope you have a fabulous time over the weekend, have a safe trip!

Jen:smile: I'm ready for soups too, soup and a salad and maybe a slice of crusty bread, YUM.

Rose:smile: woo hoo 25 pounds, congrats!!!!! How are your grand babies doing?

Cathy:smile: good for you exercising your fish off!!!

Meg:smile: Wow 298 pounds for the group, that is fantastic!!!!! I'll be cheering you and Ginny on for the next phase!!! You know a million years ago I was a cheerleader, I'll have to see if I can come up with a cheer for you guys. I am feeling and looking better (I think I look better) today. Antibiotics are wonderful!!!!!!

Janie:smile: Hope your feeling better, I know recovering from a fall can be tough!!!! Just get through one day at a time!!!

DMomofthree:smile: welcome! No, you are not the only one running to the bathroom all the time, I swear I was going every 20 minutes there for awhile. It does get better once your body gets used to it!!!!

Rp:smile: sending you and your hubby good wishes, hope he feels better soon!!!

Slowspud:smile: Welcome! Congrats on your 32 lbs. gone!!!! Keep it up the rest will follow!!!

Janlee:smile: Welcome! Come I. Often and chat with us!!!!

Elizabeth:smile: welcome! Congrats on your 45 lbs. gone, and getting your health in control, how wonderful you've been able to stop some of your meds!!!!!

Kathy:smile: Cngrats on your walk. I know you enjoyed yourself after being confined to just chair exercises the past several weeks!!!!

Mwheatcraft54:smile: welcome! Congrats on the 15 lbs. gone!!!!

Gini:smile: Good for you eating your exercise in while talking on the phone, multi-tasking!!!!

Katejkelly:smile: whew 104 that is like a sauna!!! Congrats on your dress being too big, it feels so good , its a great motivator!!!!

Glendalight:smile: I like realistic goals. It will take as long as it takes to get the weight off and keep it off. I'm all for being committed to stay for the long haul!!!!

Jb:smile: thanks for the info on Barbies soup. I wasn't sure how many cups I made. I wonder if you can freeze the soup, I still have some in the fridg. I might give it a try. Thanks for the chile relleno recipe too, I think I'll make that one day next week!!!

Lin:smile: my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad!!!!

Bonbon061:smile: welcome! Come in often and chat with us!!!

Rebeccafrashe:smile: welcome! Congrats on your big weight loss!!!

Lila:smile: so glad you're healing well after your surgery!!!!

Liz:smile: are you feeling okay today? Go to the Dr. if you're still getting lightheaded!!!!!

Michele:smile: are you playing in the pool? It's been warm enough lately!!! When will they be finished?

Okay ladies, I apologize if I've missed anyone. It's getting late and my eyes are tired now. Hope you all have a great evening.
    Sweet dreams:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: . Until tomorrow.....

Hugs,
    DeeDee
    I apologize if I have typos, my iPad is being hateful tonight.