• jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    If it makes you fell good,......... then Hell,....why not? :D
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    No I do not

I used to. But now my confidence level does not require it (aka IDGAF)
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    rarely. if i do, it's a bit of concealer and mascara. not much.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    No. I go first thing in the morning. I put on my makeup after I shower.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    No I do not

I used to. But now my confidence level does not require it (aka IDGAF)

lmao i'm definitely in the IDGAF camp too!
  • alpinehealth
    alpinehealth Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It always looks nice to see women in the gym who wear a bit of make up and nice gym clothes. I wear nice gym clothes and make sure I don't smell bad. Sometimes even spray a wee bit of cologne on.

sorry but isn't a gym a place to work out to get healthy? what do I need to look good for?!

Yourself if nothing else. Do you not look in the mirror?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I don't take my makeup OFF to go to the gym, let's put it that way.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a gym crush. So...yes. Little blush, illuminator, etc...Hair up high and cute clothes.
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I may have, but as I am getting older I find I don't wear make-up unless I am going somewhere important, and maybe a little for the grocery store if I need it. My complexion is mostly clear, and my only make-up must have is my mascara. Eyeliner & compact is reserved for dates, and so is the lip stick. I wouldn't wear make-up to work out. I don't think the sweat and make-up mixture would go well with my sensitive skin. Mascara probably. It's the one thing I never go without.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Nope, no point. It'll be halfway down my face within ten minutes anyway.
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I make a genuine effort to always remove my makeup before heading to the gym/working out. Eye makeup is not quite so bad, but any facial makeup can really mess up your skin's ability to sweat properly. It causes the sweat to clog your pores and leaves your pores more open to clogging from makeup. I have sensitive skin so usually this can result in redness, excess oil production, maybe even a blemish; just general less-healthy skin. That being said, women and men are more than welcome to wear makeup to the gym because it is absolutely none of my business what they do or look like. I also feel very lucky to have time in my day to clean myself up before heading to the gym, as I know busy people with children etc. to look after are often just lucky enough to find the time to make it to the gym at all.

I do give a bit of a side-eye towards people that encourage women to wear makeup at the gym so that they can look more attractive for them. They're there for fitness and health reasons and if they wear makeup they're doing it for themselves, if they aren't wearing makeup they're also doing it for themselves. You should care very little what people look like at the gym because they're not there to appeal to your sensibilities (and they certainly don't require makeup to look attractive!)

Go team 'look/wear whatever the bleep you want to the gym just get your butt to the gym!'
  • meghan_lovely
    meghan_lovely Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym is necessary time for me and wearing makeup is the furthest thing from my mind! Coming from work... Whatever is left on my face. When you're a working mom it's just great if the gym is part of the day. I don't interact with many people because I try to focus on my workout and listen to some tunes :)
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym after work, yes I do have make up on. However, I try to take most of it off. I've learned the hard way, for me anyway, not to have foundation on. When I start sweating, it runs into my eyes and burns. Plus, it's awful for my skin. I agree with some of the post, if you want to wear makeup, do it for yourself. As for me, I don't find it necessary. If you don"t like the way I look, then don't look at me. :tongue:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    They're there for fitness and health reasons and if they wear makeup they're doing it for themselves, if they aren't wearing makeup they're also doing it for themselves. You should care very little what people look like at the gym because they're not there to appeal to your sensibilities (and they certainly don't require makeup to look attractive!)

Go team 'look/wear whatever the bleep you want to the gym just get your butt to the gym!'

big fat I HEART YOU.

b/c this is what it's all about
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I make a genuine effort to always remove my makeup before heading to the gym/working out. Eye makeup is not quite so bad, but any facial makeup can really mess up your skin's ability to sweat properly. It causes the sweat to clog your pores and leaves your pores more open to clogging from makeup. I have sensitive skin so usually this can result in redness, excess oil production, maybe even a blemish; just general less-healthy skin. That being said, women and men are more than welcome to wear makeup to the gym because it is absolutely none of my business what they do or look like. I also feel very lucky to have time in my day to clean myself up before heading to the gym, as I know busy people with children etc. to look after are often just lucky enough to find the time to make it to the gym at all.

I do give a bit of a side-eye towards people that encourage women to wear makeup at the gym so that they can look more attractive for them. They're there for fitness and health reasons and if they wear makeup they're doing it for themselves, if they aren't wearing makeup they're also doing it for themselves. You should care very little what people look like at the gym because they're not there to appeal to your sensibilities (and they certainly don't require makeup to look attractive!)

yes yes yes!
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym directly from work so therefore I still have a full face on.
  • hilarylin05
    hilarylin05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do. I can't leave the house without wearing some makeup. I'm 'vain' because I feel ugly and makeup helps me feel better about myself. I've had acne since I was 12, and although it's clearing up now, I'm still full of insecurities about my skin. A lot of people may criticize me for always 'caking' my face and such, but I've learnt to deal with it and not care about other people's opinion because I'm not wearing makeup for others.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Um no. I have sensitive skin, and I'm not adding fuel to the fire by sweating and mixing up some substance on my skin all in my pores. I can leave that stuff for after. No one I'm looking to impress there. In my pic I'm not wearing any makeup. I don't feel ugly at all. My natural beauty is pretty nice.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    No. But, I go to swim laps & for water aerobics, so probably doesn't count...
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    nope - I sweat and runny makeup just doesn't look so hot.. plus I believe that I don't need to draw on my face to look pretty :)

Wow. Why so snarky? I'm sure you're absolutely breathtakingly beautiful (sarc). It doesn't mean that those who wear makeup or choose to for that matter are ugly.

I don't wear make up the majority of the time. Really the only time I "do my face" is when I am going out with my husband and it's because I want to.

I don't see this as snarky at all.
    And yes, I am breathtakingly beautiful, thanks! :bigsmile: