Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• vwroclawski
    vwroclawski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So bad for our facial skin when we sweat and have makeup on - all that dirt and grim works into our pores and eyes! Give your skin a break and it'll thank you when you're older.
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'll wear tinted moisturizer because of my blemish insecurities, and a little bit of water proof mascara. Like others have said, when I feel better about myself, I work harder. I'm not going to go all done up, but I like to look somewhat presentable. You never know who you'll see ;)
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nope, never!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but I do jog in public and I frankly always feel like people are staring at me. That, coupled with the fact that I enjoy feeling pretty means that I usually wear a little makeup. Just some liquid eyeliner (that Hard Candy stuff goes nowhere!) and maybe a bit of blush. I also like lip balm/gloss because my lips get horridly dry while running. I like to wear cute/vibrant outfits as well when I'm exercising, it makes me feel like a super hero. I really want to get some thigh-high socks. That's hotness right there, lol. What can I say, I like to dress up and attract attention, even while working out. And I'm not even what you'd consider a "girly girl", I just like to have fun and feel good.

I really don't get why some women are up in arms about makeup, it 'aint no thang. If you don't want to wear it, cool, but don't judge others for doing what they want and enjoy.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    No, it'll cause pimples for me. I will wear lip gloss or chap stick b/c it's dry here.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at night, and don't remove the makeup that I put on that morning, so I guess technically i do wear makeup to the gym, but I put it on 14 hours prior and I wear the cheap stuff so it's mostly gone by then.
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If I happen to be wearing make up when I go to the gym, I don't take it off, but I usually work out first thing in the morning and I certainly don't apply make up for my workouts! I actually think I'm going to start taking my makeup off before working out though because I hate the way it makes my skin feel when I sweat and I worry that it's going to cause me to break out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I never wear make up, so definitely not, lol
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do not put on makeup to go to the gym. Right now I typically go to the gym in the evening and have cleanser cloths in my bag to take off most of my work makeup. I don't take off eyemakeup because those cloths never get it all and I just end up with muddy circles under my eyes, so I guess I am still wearing mascara and maybe liner. I don't wear very heavy makeup but it's not good for my skin to leave it on while I'm getting all sweaty.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    No.
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    no way I sweat way too much to bother putting makeup on, and it clogs my pores and makes me breakout. Im there to do WORK not look cute
  • karen_ml
    karen_ml Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I do wear any make-up to the gym, it is usually just mascara.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ewwwww, gross, no why?!
  • alison067
    alison067 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No, I would end up with panda eyes where I would rub the sweat off my face forgetting I have mascara on. Making me giggle imagining it now :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I do..but only because I head straight there from work.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put it on to go to the gym (well, TKD training for me) but I'm not going to make an effort to remove it first when I go straight there from work. So yeah, often I have makeup on when I work out.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, no. It makes me get pimples. But I don't gym, I just cycle, walk and run outdoors. I usually feel like I look bad, but I'm not trying to impress anyone but me :P
    It's okay when I have a bike helmet and I don't think people really notice me on the bike anyway, but sometimes when I bike to the shops I feel I look pretty gross, made even worse by helmet hair lol. But oh well...not important to look good in those circumstances, right? Just have to do what I need to do.
    I will wear a full face to run events, though....in case there are photo's.
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I go after work so I end up wearing makeup to the gym and sweating it off.
  • luce3003
    luce3003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nope - if I go after work I take baby wipes to remove it! Only because I sweat like a mofo n wipe my face with my towel so much i'd end up looking like a crazy, red faced, sweaty panda...also I tend to get more spots if I work out in make up - greasy/sweaty combo is not good for my skin!!
    My hair is a messy pineapple on top of my head, out of the way and I never iron any gym gear - cos lycra don't need it and any vests etc just get creased and sweaty.
    Most of the guys in my gym look better put together than me!! I do envy ladies who can go in with full make up and perfect hair and come out looking the same, despite working hard - it'll just never be me!!! :cry:
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I only have partial eyebrows and look a bit bonkers without anything, so I'll usually define them lightly, but don't bother with anything else. My face sweats a lot so it seems a waste of time? If I have make-up on I wipe it off before I start.
    I don't bother with my hair much either. I have a thick fringe/bangs and that's useless for working out, so just gets pinned back and I tie the rest.