Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• chefswife1975
    chefswife1975 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nope, unless I am coming from work. I usually swim at the gym so anything I had on has come off anyway.
    If I'm doing weights I'm not looking very pretty anyway. I'm also in an outfit that isn't very flattering, sweat shorts that make my *kitten* look huge and a t-shirt that isn't doing me any favors. I'm there to work out. I see people look through me, which is fine. Sweaty guys or the ones that get off on looking at themselves work out aren't terribly attractive to me either. I'd rather drool over half naked runners in my neighborhood as I drive by them. :)
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Only make up I wear to the gym is what is leftover from the day/night before. Lol! If I look cute at the end if my gym work out...I most certainly didn't try hard enough. :)
  • TooFat2Fix
    TooFat2Fix Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth out of kindness to others :laugh: that's about it!
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    NOOOO i don't wear make-up at the gym......... if for no other reason, because i don't want to clog my pores and get a bunch of zits! anyhow i've noticed the guys checking me and other "naturals" out a lot more than they check out the made up girls with the strategic "holes" in their shirts to show off the cleav................. :laugh:
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup to the gym because it's a waste of good makeup!

^^^ this
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm too pale if I go without makeup, and people tend to ask if I feel okay. For me, it's better to just wear the makeup.
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My personal belief: If you still look good at the end of a workout, you didn't do it right.

So, I never bother wearing any make up to the gym. I just wear my spandex shorts and my old staff T-shirts and know that my behind looks great. :D
  • kathrynloreili
    Options
    Always! I love to pile on about eight inches just to make sure I still look good after my workout! (;

JK. Obviously not... what's the point? lol
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I can safely say no on this one.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    yes. see 2nd pic in my profile gallery --that's how I usually roll.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I say this in jest:

I go to the gym to kick *kitten*, not chase it.

jking, but I don't...I make myself sweat, I'd end up looking like the Crow.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Nope & not even after a post-workout shower.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    No. That's just stupid. I go to the gym to WORK, which makes me sweat. If you're not going to sweat, why bother? And if you're sweating, why would you want to have a bunch of junk on your skin? EW. Too gross. Even if I were one of those lucky girls who didn't sweat a lot with exertion, I still wouldn't bother with makeup pre-exercise, since I would still shower after and don't have the time or patience to bother with makeup more than once a day.

I'm not interested in anyone looking at me while I work out, so if anyone is offended by my un-made-up face, screw 'em. They should be paying more attention to their workout and less attention to whether or not the females in the vicinity have primped pre-gym. :laugh:
  • mahassociates
    Options
    I never leave the house without make-up...partly because of insecurities, and partly because it is my sunscreen. I wear Bare Minerals and it stays on quite nicely during work outs...I even recently went snorkeling while wearing it, and to my surprise it stayed on under the water! When I have worn liquid make-ups, however, they tended to run when I sweat...which was definitely not a good look.

I never leave the house without BareMinerals either, and I like to work out in the evening, so I'm always wearing a full face of makeup at the gym. Just feels normal to me. And mineral makeup is light enough that sweating over it isn't a problem.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    No, its a bit... effeminate for me.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Tinted moisturizer + SPF is on my face every minute of every day. Mostly for the SPF, but I'm sure it counts as makeup.

I also swipe on some mascara. I have creepy blonde eyelashes, so I've deemed it a necessity

This is my every day routine, even the gym. Who cares what anyone thinks.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup all the time but never to the gym.
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No way!
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    No! its gonna come off tsk! so silly!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup, personally.