Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only because I'm usually coming right from work. If I go on the weekend in the morning, then no.
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    from my experience my face looked like a cake after work out lol :explode: ..so hell no !!!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Maybe the occasional mascara (if I already have it on for work).
    But never anything on my actual skin (foundation, bronzer, eye shadow etc) I workout hard and sweat loads - don't want it running down my face (or messing up my towel lol)
    I also feel like it will block my pores up as I sweat.

But, each to their own, don't see a problem with anyone that does. What ever makes you feel comfortable.

However ... that said, there is a girl that attends my body step class, she wear A LOT of fake tan as well as foundation etc and she ends up looking like she's got tiger stripes by the end of it (it does make me giggle inside hehe.................)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I don't go out of my way to put it on in order to go to the gym..

But most times I go after work or after going out and doing errands so I have it on anyway.
  • jodi41086
    Options
    I don't unless its the second time at the gym in the same day. In that case I already have makeup on and im just doing weights and usually out to eat afterwards
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    No because I sweat and wipe my face on my sleeves...plus, I don't like runny mascara in my eyes.

I don't wear alot of makeup to begin with, so if I forget to take it off before the gym, there's not much left anyway...except that pesky runny mascara.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Yes I wear makeup to the gym the whole 9 yards because I work during the day and go straight to the gym after work so it's on me and I don't want to take it off. Granted by the time I am done with my workout my makeup is running off my face everywhere lol
  • krishar
    krishar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The only reason I wear makeup to the gym is becasue I go right after work. Otherwise on Saturdays it's makeup free!! There's no point if you go to really work out, you're going to sweat if off.
  • Aschefke05
    Options
    I only wear a very little bit of foundation just to cover up some of the redness in my face. Aside from that, I try to let my working out do the talking!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I typically go after work, so yes I have makeup on. I don't have a problem with it running (eyeliner is set with eyeshadow, shadow is set with a lid primer and my face has all nighter setting spray) so it doesn't even bother me. :tongue:
  • Khymera
    Options
    I sweat too much. Plus, I don't wear makeup regularly anyway.
  • LucretiaUK
    LucretiaUK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No, never. I go to the gym to work out, not to parade for the other ladies in a ladies only gym. And as for cute clothes, no-one wants to see fat old me in skimpy shorts! :)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    No, I wake up, brush my teeth, get dressed, and go. I'm there sweating by 5:30 am, and I'm guessing no-one cares if I'm made-up or not. Plus, I sweat like it's going out of style, so my towel would be gross, and I'd look like a mess by the end of my workout anyway. Never mind that after I work out, I shower and would wash it off anyway.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    No~it will just melt off!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    There is some on the front of my jeans sometimes....
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would never work out in makeup, it sounds horrible. I guess I've been blessed with clear skin, but still. Ick.
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I usually go to the gym right after work, so I still have makeup. If I go on the weekends, then no I dont bother with makeup.

Admittedly, when I first started working out regularly a few years back, I would put light foundation on in the morning before a weekend workout because my face is very red and I felt self-conscious about it. Funny thing is, after working out my face is really red anyway, so I quickly realized that was a pointless reason to put makeup on :)
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I get to the gym before 6AM, so hell no, putting on makeup is definitely NOT a priority of mine that early in the morning. If I go after work, of course I have makeup on from being at work all day.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Question is, Do I wear make up to work? No, because then I'd have it on at the gym after work. :laugh:
  • jenneal89
    Options
    When I used to go, I would just put on some mascara and eyeliner. Now I workout at home so no.