Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• amielizabeth1
    amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day and time, but usually not, unless it's a little concealer. I look like hell at the gym :-)
  • SovanJedi
    SovanJedi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Who DOESN'T wear it to the gym?
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    No, bc I sweat too much when I workout...It would be a lost cause :laugh:
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym after work, YES I leave my make up on.

When I go to the gym on my days off, NO.
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    Heck no I don't wear makeup to the gym! I don't want to cause my skin to break out! I never had problems with pimples growing up, but every once in awhile now that I am working out I will get one & it sucks! I don't want the make up to clog my pores & cause me to break out even more! I don't care what I look like, I just want people to notice I'm getting smaller & stronger! hehehe! :tongue:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I dont put makeup on to go to the gym. But I do go to the gym right after work and My work face usually includes Mascara and eyeliner only, and that face goes with me to the gym. So I guess the answer would be , yes, I wear makeup to the gym
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I usually go from work, so I do have make up on, but if I am going to the gym from home no I dont bother. Wearing make up or no make up does not help my weight loss its what I do at the gym :bigsmile:
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Err.. no lol. I do my makeup when I'm done. :laugh:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I generally workout right after work so yes, I'm in full makeup (lipstick included). If it's a weekend no, if my socks match my outfit I'm lucky :bigsmile:
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    No. What for? I'm happily married with children, no one pays attention to me. I don't need to feel put together at the gym. I'm going to run just as hard whether I look cute or not.
  • rachel_kiel
    Options
    Nope! Going to the gym should be about working hard and sweating your a** off, NOT about trying to impress others. I get so mad when I see girls that come into the gym that seem to be mistaken they're at the club.
  • corrinemaus
    Options
    I sweat like a beast so i dont want make up running down my face! Ew
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I do on weeknight because I go after work in the evenings and don't bother to take it off. I have been noticing though, that I get the raccoon look during my workout though so I am trying to remember to remove it. On weekends, it depends on what time of day I go. The goal is to go prior to make-up application but that doesn't always happen.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Since I don't wear make-up the answer is no. I also don't know how anyone can workout with it clogging their pores but to each their own.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I break out easily so I don't wear makeup to the gym. I go at night so I wash off any face makeup I had on during the day. Eye makeup doesn't really matter - mine doesn't budge unless I really try to get it off.
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am there to sweat, sweat, sweat. If people aren't impressed by my dedication and my work ethic and are more impressed by the fact that I am wearing makeup then I probably don't need them in my life. I am focused on my health not if someone thinks I look cute. It maybe the Army girl in me (no makeup in boot camp, not even shiny lips) but I have always believed that I am only here to impress myself and better myself.

This is pretty much why I dislike going to the gym because too many people use it for another stage for them to perform/show off. I have gotten dirty looks because I look like I rolled out of bed, and sometimes I have just rolled out of bed. I don't get it. Isn't that what bars and nightclubs are for? It is just another place for women to judge other women and it irritates me. Because I hate to tell you men DON'T care about your makeup/clothing/hair style. My husband fell in love with me the day I rolled out of bed in his boxers and an over sized sweatshirt with zero makeup and hair in a bun. He always tells me to put LESS makeup on. And those nights that I do I actually get hit on MORE, even with him standing there.

This is just my opinion so please don't bash me if you are a make up wearer. But women need to be more worried about INTERNAL beauty than what is on the outside. When you are happy and confident and HEALTHY that's REAL BEAUTY. We put too much pressure on ourselves and others to be perfect.
  • pjellingboe
    pjellingboe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym at 5 in the morning before work I'm lucky if my hair is brushed, lol! Everyone else at the gym is doing the same thing I am. Working OUT and sweating so I don't care what I look like. If I go after work yes I have make up on and hair done simply because I am coming from work. But other then that I don't care what I look like. :wink:
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    No make-up at the gym. Bad for my skin and I am not there to impress anyone, just to workout and get healthy.
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Only on Thursdays. :laugh:
    HAHAHAHAA!!!! You don't need any...you look just fine.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make-up normally. I reserve doing it for specific 'nights out' or special events. The amount of chemicals present in most make-up would be classified as toxic anywhere else and the thought of all that garbage running down my face when I'm sweating does not appeal to me at all.