Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• shannonperry13
    Options
    nope! i used to not go anywhere without make up on, but now i have 4 kids, so if i find the time to go to the gym, i'm not going to waste any of it to put on make up. :)
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Ahhh No! God could be sitting next to me and I would not see him !
    I am focused and go to complete my weightlifting for me, Don't care what anyone else is doing!
    I get on that freaking focus train and ride!
  • np11073
    np11073 Posts: 30
    Options
    Ladies....allow me to add a male perspective. I am not completely sure what cute workout clothes are but at the end of the workout you still are sweaty. What impresses me is not what you are wearing, it is the intensity of your dedication. There is a lady at my gym who wears baggy shorts and tank tops. She comes prepared to work out...and she does. She has an amazing work out ethic and is beautifully toned. My point is this, if wearing coordinated workout clothes gives you motivation then great. Obviously if you are wearing something form fitting we will notice. But what is more important....how look while you are working out or how you look when you are out in the world? I have been married a long time. I still think my wife is the most beautiful when she first wakes up. You love the person under the make-up. I doubt that anyone cares whether you have make-up on or not. Besides it is gone by the end. One final point....I understand that no one wants to smell badly at the end of their workout, but the pleasent scent that you have at the beginning of the workout can reach toxic levels by the end....especially for thos of us who have allergies or asthma. Take this words as you will. Keep on with your goal. I respect you all.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    No make up for me. I feel it wouldn't be good for my skin. I think it's better to keep the pores clean when sweating, it would also really mess up my towel!
    I don't wear waterproof mascara - so even then I'd end up with panda eyes!

Also no perfume - it makes me feel nauseous traing when there are people near me with strong perfume
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Hell no! And if I work out after work, I wash my face off first. I'm not letting that crap clog my pores!

I second this! If I go to the gym after work or run around my neighborhood, I wash my face first. And when I get up in the morning, all I do is wash my face,(brush my teeth) put my contacts on and I'm out the door. I don't care if peole think wow she needs makeup on cause my face is going to be red from working out and sweating so no, I dont' wear makeup.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If I am going to the gym from work yes, but I don't put make up on just to go to the gym :happy: I just sweat it all off anyhow! :laugh: I do however wear earings, just cause I hate not having them on! :glasses:
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    I wear very minimal make up to begin with. I usually go to the gym later in the day, so if I have make up on that day it's probably still on when I'm there, but I would never put any on to go there. Mostly because it's going to sweat off anyway. I do however like to wear cute work out clothes, and having them on makes me more excited to go to the gym.
  • JennytheWicked
    JennytheWicked Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Heck no, I don't wear makeup to the gym?

It's pore clogging and when you start sweating it feels heavy and caked on. It always strikes me as 'off' when I see someone fully made up at the gym
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Hell no! And if I work out after work, I wash my face off first. I'm not letting that crap clog my pores!

This. I work out at home, so, no make up. In my early 20s , when I was a gym regular, I never wore make up either.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I haven't in the past, unless I was already wearing makeup that day. I think because my skin is light brown, I worry that my coverup will wind up streaking color all down my workout shirt! How do you keep from messing up your "cute clothes"?

Maybe if I knew how to manage that, I would be more in the mindset to wear some. I do like the idea of feeling cute and sexy while at the gym for added motivation. :)
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I go to the gym straight from work, so yes I do have make-up on and do I don't take the time to wash it off. If I was not coming from work I probably would not have any on. I do not care if ladies in the gym of wearing make-up or not I am there for me only.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ya... to my treadmill in my florida room.. ahahahah

:laugh:
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Of course! White facepaint, green eyeshadow and ruby red lips. The clown gym wouldn't accept me otherwise.
  • mefit87
    mefit87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym. If I go after work or school I sometimes have no time to take it off .. bu it just makes me feel icky afterwards and I usually tend to breakout like crazy the next day. Plus.. I'm not going to the gym to impress anyone.. so what's the need for makeup?
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Only if I'm going there right after work. On the weekends, I roll out of bed, brush my teeth, throw my hair on the top of me head and roll out. I have a friend who does her entire makeup routine before we go to the gym. Drives me crazy!
  • Resacup78
    Resacup78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No. I love being able to go to the gym looking natural and feeling carefree.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Only if I'm coming to the gym from somewhere else where I had makeup on. If I didn't wear makeup to work, I'm not putting it in to go to the gym. It's the gym, not as night club.
  • GypsyWillow22
    GypsyWillow22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any makeup when I go on my run. But when I go to the gym I will wear concealer and some mascara. MAYYYBE eye liner.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a definite NO...I look way better natural than I would with mascara running down my face for sure...:laugh: :sad:
  • slappymcgee
    Options
    I'm just happy if my socks match. Who cares about make-up. I'm not looking at anyone there, and most likely they are not looking at me.