Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I wear mascara and lip gloss. I like being able to look in the mirror after sweating and still look good; I find that sometimes if I look worn out after the gym it gives me less motivation than when I have that "after work-out" glow.
  • Meechellea
    Options
    I do not wear makeup to the gym. My main goal is to sweat and work as hard as I can and I don't want makeup sweating down my face.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    No makeup. I feel gross sweating with makeup on!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Yes
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I usually go right after work so I already have makeup on, but I don't put on makeup specifically to go to the gym. I'm gonna sweat it off anyway so what's the point?
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I go after work, so I have makeup on. I don't wear a ton of makeup anyways, and I do sweat off what I have on, but I'm not going to wash my makeup off just to go to the gym.

This :)
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wash my face before going, no make-up, unless chapstick counts. My hair is also a hot mess as it's shorter and wavy, so I clip my bangs out of my eyes and by the end of my workout...? it's a frizzy mop! lol
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Even if I come from work with makeup on and head to the gym I'm taking it off before I workout. There's no need to keep it on for it to run down my face and get smeared across my face from wiping my sweat off my face. I sweat entirely too much to do that.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Depending on how my skin looks that day, I might wear some tinted moisturizer. I almost always wear concealer under my eyes, waterproof mascara and tinted lip balm. No I'm not there to impress anyone, but I just feel better with it on. I began suffering from acne when I was like 11 years old, and was teased mercilessly for it all throughout junior high and my early high school years, so I'm really self conscious about my skin, even though it's nice and clear now.

If I workout after work, I generally don't take my makeup off before I go. But by that point, most of it has faded off anyway.
  • Beautifullymade1985
    Options
    I never even think about what I look like at the gym ha. I honestly couldn't care :)

I aim to sweat as much as possible so make up would just be an epic fail for me.

I feel the same way as far as make-up is concerned. If I am working out hard whats the point of doing a full face of makeup when I will just sweat it off? However I never leave the house without a lip gloss, thats always a must. Even though my make-up isn't don't doesn't mean you can be sexy at the gym, that's where your cute gym cloths comes to play. I refuse to go to the gym looking a hot mess, but on the other hand I am not there to impress anyone; I am there to sweat and burn calories.
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am usually wearing make-up, only because I go right after work. Otherwise, I don't bother. I will be washing it off in the shower after my workout anyway. I'm not there to impress anyone.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Yes! I do!

It makes me feel good wearing it. I think I look alright without make-up, but I love the way I feel when I wear it!

Hell, I've even worn it when I was milking cows during my internship... ;):laugh: The farmer kept asking me why I even bothered:noway: . I answerd that the cows probably wouldnt mind some eye-candy :love: LOL...

Just do what makes you feel happy!:flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    To me, it seems counterproductive to glob crap on your face right before you purposefully begin sweating. :huh:
  • hmock93
    hmock93 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No, I don't. I know I'm going to the gym looking less than great with my under eye circles and uneven skin tone but I HATE sweating. So, sweating with makeup is just so much worse. Since I am engaged, I'm definitely not trying to appeal to the men who are there. If anything, not having makeup on and staying focused helps me because people know I'm not there to play and they leave me alone. No small talk allowed. :)
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    The only way I wear make up when I workout is if I go during my lunch hour. Any other time, I wash it off...That stuff burns when it gets in your eyes!
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i only wear makeup to the gym if i already had it on from my day but even then i will rinse my skin off avoiding my eyes..no point in adding to breakouts! If i am going before work or whatever then heck no. :happy:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    No. I usually don't wear make up at all so it would be really weird to put it on for the gym :wink:
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym directly from work most of the time so - yes. I look purrrty at the gym... for about 10 minutes. Then I start to look a little scary. :blushing:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do if I go after work, but I don't if I wake up early and go. Sometimes I like to just blend in, and not be noticed, .. not yet at least, maybe 100 lbs from now. :smile:
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    No never... wait... :bigsmile: