Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I usually have some left on from the day before and just puff on some powder and put on lip gloss and mascara b/c I look scary without them. Sweating at the gym never causes my skin to break out and while I'm not there to pick up guys or try to look good, I don't feel the need to look awful either. I don't know why some women get some worked up about some of us not wanting to look horrid when we leave the house. :grumble:
  • nysun25
    nysun25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nope, Never. I'm there to workout not socialize etc. and could care less what I look like. I don't pay much attention to what others look like either.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Only because I go to the Gym on my lunch break and it's already on. When I go out for a run in the morning or on the weekends, heck no! I doubt I would put on any make up just to go sweat it off if I went to the gym outside of my work day. Then again, I'm not inclined to care about whether or not people are looking at me when I'm at the gym. I do, however, like to have nice looking gym clothes. I don't like ratty looking attire. So, that may be my little source of vanity/pridefulness.
  • Crimson_
    Crimson_ Posts: 60
    Options
    its sad if you need makeup to feel complete, but of course i wear makeup to the gym.
  • ahlani
    ahlani Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup to the gym because it's a waste of good makeup!

My Kindred Spirit! hahaha!
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wear what I feel good in! I don't feel like I need make up, but it gives me confidence to at least have some mascara on!
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    I do if I head to the gym straight from work...otherwise I just put moisturizer on & go!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Mostly just eye makeup. I try not to wear any foundation because it makes me feel yuck when I start sweating and I'll probably break out or something.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    NEVER. But then again, I very rarely wear make up at all. I don't wear it to classes or work either, just nights out.
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    I don't wear makeup to the gym because it's a waste of good makeup!

My Kindred Spirit! hahaha!

GOOD POINT !
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym looking like "Plain Jane!" I remove my make-up before leaving the house headed to the gym! I'm not going there to look cute, I'm going to workout! Besides I think sweating with make-up on your face is not good for the skin.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Only if I didn't remember to wash it off first. Otherwise nope...I am not there to look pretty. I am there to kick *kitten*!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I wear mascara whenever I leave the house (even to go the gym). I only put on other makeup when I'm going on a date or going to a special event. I don't like to look at myself without mascara - therefore I put it on dailiy and sometimes reapply once or twice in the day especially if I go swimming or sweat a lot. However, I wear oversized tee shirts and baggy shorts to work out at the gym. Not sexy at all.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I usually do - only because I usually head straight to the gym after work.

Same with me...I just go straight from work, so I have a full face of makeup on.On the weekends I wear foundation and BB cream under it though, I have acne scaring from a stress breakout from YEARS ago. I don't break out now, and sweating with my makeup doesn't break my skin out, but I feel really awful and hideous without foundation because of the pitting, so I am never out in public without it....
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've definitely dabbed on some concealer before heading out the door, but for the most part I’m of the mindset that the gym is for sweating, not modeling. What about you? Does wearing a full face of makeup help you feel empowered or just weighed down?

When I used a gym, I used to go straight after work. I couldn't be bothered to remove my makeup before I worked out; I'd remove it afterwards when I showered. Some people probably thought I had dolled up to go to the gym, but they were dead wrong - I sweated like a pig on the cardo machines and lifted free weights and didn't care who was looking or what they thought.

What people dress like at the gym, or whether they wear makeup or not, is up to the individual, and you can't tell a thing about a person by looking at them standing there. You can tell a lot more by watching them train.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym looking like "Plain Jane!" I remove my make-up before leaving the house headed to the gym! I'm not going there to look cute, I'm going to workout! Besides I think sweating with make-up on your face is not good for the skin.

I don't think these two are mutually exclusive.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My gym...is the fitness centre on the main level of our condo building so I guess I can't really see the point in getting up and putting on makeup just to go downstairs and sweat it off. Plus...the few hotties I've seen that live here, are never in the gym when I'm there anyways.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Nope! I like going fresh faced, because I plan on sweating.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    If I have it on I wear it but I don't go out of my way to put makeup on before heading out. I'm there to get a good burn not worry about what others are thinking about me.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Dont wear makeup anyway