Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    I don't put on makeup to go to the gym...but if I go right after work, I don't always wash my face of my makeup so it looks like I put on makeup to go :ohwell:
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    During the week I usually do because I already have it on but on the weekends I don't.
  • MuscleJunkieK8
    Options
    Nope, I don't because it clogs my pores. And with all that sweating...yeah. Haha I usually don't wear much in general anyway.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I always wash my face right before I workout. So, if I happen to be wearing make up when I walk into a gym, it's off before I start.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    No, but I go to the gym in the morning before work. Unless traces of mascara/eyeliner from the day before count....? :laugh:

I personally don't understand putting on a full face of makeup just to go workout, but if I went after work, I probably wouldn't go to great lengths to wash it all off beforehand either (I don't wear foundation, so its just moisturizer with a little powder to finish it off).
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Nope, but then I rarely wear make up anyway, I don't feel like it can be good for your skin.

Most people wouldn't dream of wearing workout gear that wasn't climalite or similar, so why would you wear make up that doesn't let your skin breathe. I don't wear mascara/lip gloss but they don't feel like they would be as "unhealthy" for your skin as foundation.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If I go on lunch from work or after work - I have make up on - and then sweat it off I guess.
    If I go straight from home I don't put make up on at all

This. Then it is SO gross when I start sweating it off. :P
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I hardly wear makeup anyways, but I definitely wash it all off before working out (and don't even put it on if working out in the morning). It's so gross to see makeup all over the gym towels and equipment!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work so yes I am in full face. I do however, wipe the foundation off before going to the gym, but the rest of the face is in tact. It might not be so pretty after the gym!!
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not on purpose. If I go after work, I'm already wearing it, but it just becomes a runny mess that I have to rinse off halfway through my workout.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    yes but only cuz its already on my face from the morning. I wouldnt put it on specifically for the gym and actually prefer not to have mascara running down my face and cover up on my towel when I wipe my sweat...
  • monstercakes
    monstercakes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hahahaha NO! if you look pretty after you work out, you're NOT DOING IT RIGHT!
  • kkamin3
    kkamin3 Posts: 17
    Options
    I don't wear makeup. I'm already wiping constant sweat off of my face, so the make up wouldn't last anwways.
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Went im working out, outside the home, walking, jogging ect, I won't DO my make-up but i wont take it off either. I usually make sure I look decent, fix my hair and always have earrings in. Silly, but makes me feel alittle better. On someone who actually NEEDS to workout, its usuall not pretty. I can atleast do what I can to make it alittle more appealing.. LOL :laugh:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I don't wear it, full stop. Find it uncomfortable ;)
  • fat2fitKara
    Options
    Any time before a workout I always wash my face and remove my make up, even if it's just eye liner from the night before. Working out is my time and I feel the best clean faced and natural. I certainly don't need to put make up on to feel cute or to motivate myself, that comes from the inside and not what appears to be on the outside.

I certainly understand how it would work for some people, we all have our different quirks to get us going. :)
  • JenniferEdwardz
    JenniferEdwardz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I make it to a 6 Am class I go without make up. Anytime after that I have some make up on and try to not look like a hot mess when I get there, because I am a hot mess when I leave! Sweat is fat crying, right??
  • princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I wear mascara and lip gloss. I like being able to look in the mirror after sweating and still look good; I find that sometimes if I look worn out after the gym it gives me less motivation than when I have that "after work-out" glow.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up anywhere.....LOL
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If I go on lunch from work or after work - I have make up on - and then sweat it off I guess.
    If I go straight from home I don't put make up on at all

same here!