Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I dont go to the gym but when I go kickboxing I dont wear makeup... whats the point in wearing makeup when your fat and sweaty working out... I only wear makeup if im going out
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Full-on Rocky makeup, baby.

rocky-horror-picture-show.jpg
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Full-on Rocky makeup, baby.

rocky-horror-picture-show.jpg

Awesome.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I admit, I sometimes wear mascara if my eyes look overly tired.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    i don't even wear makeup to church other than lipgloss and maybe mascara, no way I am going to put stuff on my face that'll just get sweaty and be harder to wash. I don't like make up usually. it makes my face feel icky.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    only if it was on my face from earlier in the day. but i don't get dolled up just to go.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am there to sweat, sweat, sweat. If people aren't impressed by my dedication and my work ethic and are more impressed by the fact that I am wearing makeup then I probably don't need them in my life. I am focused on my health not if someone thinks I look cute. It maybe the Army girl in me (no makeup in boot camp, not even shiny lips) but I have always believed that I am only here to impress myself and better myself.

This is pretty much why I dislike going to the gym because too many people use it for another stage for them to perform/show off. I have gotten dirty looks because I look like I rolled out of bed, and sometimes I have just rolled out of bed. I don't get it. Isn't that what bars and nightclubs are for? It is just another place for women to judge other women and it irritates me. Because I hate to tell you men DON'T care about your makeup/clothing/hair style. My husband fell in love with me the day I rolled out of bed in his boxers and an over sized sweatshirt with zero makeup and hair in a bun. He always tells me to put LESS makeup on. And those nights that I do I actually get hit on MORE, even with him standing there.

This is just my opinion so please don't bash me if you are a make up wearer. But women need to be more worried about INTERNAL beauty than what is on the outside. When you are happy and confident and HEALTHY that's REAL BEAUTY. We put too much pressure on ourselves and others to be perfect.

“I have always believed that I am only here to impress myself and better myself” I am very impressed with myself when I have make up on and squatting a new PR. Should I be less impressed when wearing make-up?

“He always tells me to put LESS makeup on. And those nights that I do I actually get hit on MORE, even with him standing there” The point isn’t how much make-up. It is how someone wears it. On an average day, I wear a decent amount of make-up (tinted moisturizer, eye primer, under eye concealer, highlighter, blush, brow powder, eye liner, mascara, lipstick, and one to three blended eye shadows. However, this takes me no more than ten minutes and the whole point is that I don’t look like I am wearing that much make-up.

“But women need to be more worried about INTERNAL beauty than what is on the outside. When you are happy and confident and HEALTHY that's REAL BEAUTY. We put too much pressure on ourselves and others to be perfect.” Being happy and confident has a lot to do with self-respect. I respect myself a great deal, and I deserve to look like a movie star whenever I leave the house. The points of my life when my confidence was lowest was when I didn’t wear make-up. I do not wear make-up to make me happy. I wear it because I am happy and feel great about myself. I think that you are assuming that the amount of make-up worn and happiness are inversely related. In my opinion, that is very wrong.

That being said, I work out after work, so I have make-up on already. I don’t get what people say about it running down their face. My eye make-up always stays in place (and I sweat A LOT – like, droplets of sweat all over the treadmill screen from bouncing off my face while running) and I never feel or see any make-up running.

(I am make-up free in my current avatar :smile: )

Also, it is awesome that you are an army girl :-)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    You bet I do.

snider.jpg
  • LiliWray
    LiliWray Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like to wear waterproof mascara. Maybe some eyeliner. And I like putting my hair up in something a little more creative than just a ponytail. Sometimes it's a messy bun, or even a braid.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    I don't put tons of makeup on, but I do like feeling semi-pretty or else I won't feel as good about myself. I don't put foundation or anything on my face (except maybe a little concealer if I have a blemish or something) and then I put a little eye makeup on. I try to wear comfortable but cute-ish workout clothes on. If I go to the gym after work (which is what I typically do) then I have those pre-moistened towelettes to remove my face makeup--I am always concerned about breaking out and I know I will be sweating a lot. I think every woman has the right to do whatever feels good for them and do what makes them feel the best. If that means full-on makeup, go for it! If you want to be au natural, go for it! I just personally feel better about myself when I have some makeup up and believe it makes me workout better and harder!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup, ever, even at work. I *may* put on some eyeliner if I'm putting on a cocktail dress and heels. That's the only time.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Only if I'm coming straight from work or somewhere I was wearing makeup, and even then half the time I don't wear makeup at work anyway.

If last night is any indication, it's a damn good thing. My face, neck, chest, head was dripping sweat so hard I would have looked a fool with makeup running down my face.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup at all so I certainly don't wear it to the gym. On the rare occasion that I do wear makeup, it's so little. I think it's over rated.
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    For me it would be a total waste of time. I'll just sweat mine off in 5 minutes.
  • karen_ml
    karen_ml Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I do wear makeup to the gym, it is only mascara.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym. I see no point.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I dont go to the gym.. I walk around my town. I never wear make up, I barely wear it now.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do NOT intentionally wear make up at the gym. There are times when I still have it on if I take a zumba class after work, but I try to wash it off before hand. I find that it is a problem when I sweat and gets in my eyes (mascara, etc.). Plus, theres no point to look cute...no one wants to see racoon eyes on you! :)
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Nope sure dont lmao